Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself

1. Name: Denny Rakhmad Widi Ashari 
  2. Location: Tulungagung, East Java, Indonesia ( Do you know Bali Island, its Indonesia) Tulungagung Local Guide Comunity
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love doing something usefull for other, esspecialy in social comunity, like give our blood to the other, local guide is same, give recomendation to other peoples, give information about new place that interesting and awesome, that is nice program.
  4. I love to share: I love share good food, good moment, good place, everithing nice i will share for all people
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on web frond end developer and android apps developer, someday in my meeting in someplace co-working space, I hear some meetup of Local Guides Meet Up and I thing is a nice comunity will be joined
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have one hunting dog and three nice cat that playing every time with my and family.
Denny Rakhmad Widi Ashari
Level 9

Hi All!

1. Name: Chamnan
  2. Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like travelling and photography to let the world see how beautiful of other parts of the globe. The program allows me to explore the globe thru recommended places with nice photos, and useful review. As I'm a big fan of Google Maps I love using it almost everywhere I travel (local or abroad).
  4. I love to share: Sharing photos is one of my most contributions on the Maps
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was invited to join by Google Maps as I'm a big of it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am tech geek, open minded, and like sharing whatever I learned to people, and make more friends. Searching on the internet, blogging, and smartphone photography are my favorite activities.

I am pleased to be one of the members of Local Guides community in the world, and nice to know other local guides as well. For more about me, check out my personal blog: www.chamnanmuon.com.

Level 8

1. Name: Sampson
  2. Location: Taipei City, Taiwan
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I gained to much help from Google Map.  Being GLG allow me contribute back!
  4. I love to share: I love to share the small shops / food carts that local people depends upon day in day out.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I discover a Photo uploaded to Google Map is having a lot of views.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Still lost directions while getting lots of help from the great Google apps in my mobile phone!

Level 7

Hi I'm Michael, I have spent countless hours on the road as a Realtor. I try to keep GMaps updated and now the interface is easier to use and cleaner looking so I feel compelled to share. I just surpassed 2,000,000 views on maps! Anyone in my area that has any cool tip or tricks send it!

@CorrieD wrote:

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community of Local Guides here on Connect 🙂 

1. Name: Corrie
  2. Location: New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If youw ant to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Now its your turn 🙂 Thanks for the great idea Lukas!

Level 6

Hello all!

1. Name: Mateusz
  2. Location: Brodnica, Poland
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to help people find interesting places or check crucial information about places in Google Maps. It makes me feel good that people are trusting the information I personally added to the maps.
  4. I love to share: Mainly pictures but I also love to add places that aren't on the map yet.  
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: It must have been Google's profile on Google+ posting about Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm fascinated with space and astronomy. I have two lovely daughters (1 and 4 years old)

Level 9

1. Name: Rtn. Arul Prakasam T
  2. Location: Chennai, INDIA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love Google Maps and trust. find local shops and places new things it is great and wonderful 
  4. I love to share: I love to add places, share photos and share my experince 
  5. Fun Fact About Me: Doing Real Estate Business, Google Map Maker since 2009, Map makerpedia editor, South India Local Guides  Community Owner
Level 10

1. Name: Sun 
  2. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love taking photos, telling good stories and sharing useful information to others. Also, it’s a chance to give back to my community and help people, not only for Google Maps users, but also for the local businesses.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! because a picture is worth a thousand of words. Also, photography is the best part of myself and for me it is the best way to tell how much beautiful of the places where I was going.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got to know this program from the internet long time ago and recently there was the first ever Local Guides event in Bangkok, organized by Google Team from Singapore. That was such an amazing event - a lot of fun and ้joyfulness.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a Chemical Engineer, working in oil and gas industries. In this role, it looks so irrelevant to what I have contributed to the Local Guides Program, but yes, it's me 😄 However, another side of my life, I am traveler and blogger of www.thetouristdiary.com (my blog).  With all my gears (DSLR camera, GoPro and Drone) and my passion in travel & photography, I love wandering around new places, seeing new things as well as meeting new people to see what drives them to travel and explore the world.

Local Guides - SS -psd-ff_resize.jpg

"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us".... Anonymous

Level 5

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community of Local Guides here on Connect 🙂 

1. Name: Greg
  2. Location: Luang Prabang, Laos
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I am able to share what I know about a unique part of the world. I have used Maps for quite a while and it's good to give back in some way for all the help it hs been to me while I've been travelling.
  4. I love to share: Knowledge. If knowledge is power and I can help everyone get some then I'm happy.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Playing around with the Mpas app. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm actually a Kiwi but have lived in a variety of places and done a variety of things. 
Level 7

1. Name: S.Hari Velaayutham
  2. Location: Bangalore, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got informations from google+ and Twitter pages and helped create it 🙂
Thanks

-HariV
Level 8

Introduce Yourself

photowalk.jpg

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti