Petra_M's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - February 2019

Hello everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like January’s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I’ll kick off the February introductions.

Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M dressed in a yellow dress and wearing a blue scarf over her head, sitting inside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M dressed in a yellow dress and wearing a blue scarf over her head, sitting inside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)

• Name: Petra
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: When I go on Connect, I love seeing amazing photos and posts from other Local Guides. Since joining the Local Guides program, I’m impressed by the way people share their experiences and inspire others to travel and explore the world around us.
  • My favorite thing to explore: My absolute favorite thing is to explore other cultures. I’m in love with the Arabic, Turkish, and Far East regions. When I travel to one of these places, I feel my soul changing. Also, I can’t and don’t stop myself from tasting delicious local food wherever I go, and taking photos of it.

Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M dressed in a yellow dress and wearing a blue scarf over her head, standing in front of the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M dressed in a yellow dress and wearing a blue scarf over her head, standing in front of the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)

• Fun fact about me: My father can tell you more about this story, but when I was around 5 years old, my family found out that nothing can stop me from going to the water whenever I saw some—be it a river, lake, sea, anything. The only problem was that I couldn't swim. It might be because my zodiac sign is Aquarius, but my love and respect for the sea is infinite. In the end, I chose swimming as my sport at school, but I didn't become an Olympian.

Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M reaching up towards a shark swimming behind a glass at the Istanbul Aquarium in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)Caption: A photo of Google Moderator @Petra_M reaching up towards a shark swimming behind a glass at the Istanbul Aquarium in Istanbul, Turkey. (Local Guide @Petra_M)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

378 comments
Level 5

Hi This is Das from Hyd Telangana India I like to visit new places photos and meeting new people

Hi This is  Das from Hyderabad Telangana India I like to visit new places photos and meeting new people...Thanks 

Level 6

Apresentaçao

Olá Sou localguide há algum tempo tentando chegar ao nível 7

Valeu pessoal.

Level 6

Southern California local guides introductions.

Greetings fellow Local Guides and Trusted Photographers, allow me to introduce myself first; I have bee  named Shane since the moment of my birth. Since I was born in December, come January I have to think really had on how old I am🤣

Today I like to label myself with a fancy title such as "I am a Virtual Reality Content Creator!" However when I introduce myself to prospective clients I am a 360 Photographer 🙃.

The point of this post... I am interested in meeting with a group of local guides and trusted photographers here in southern California to go on blitz campaigns throughout southern California. 

If you are interested drop a response and let's get this party started. What says you?!?

Sincerely, 

Shane Wyatt 

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - January 2019

Hi, kudos to everyone! thanks @MashaPS for opening this thread, I hope it is okay that I join the introduction though it's February already? ?

• Name: Reven
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: being a local guide has changed my way of travel, especially the way I see the world and everything around me. I love the feeling that we travel or  go vacation not only for leisure or discover new experiences, but also we can share it and help other people by making it accessible. Ever since I joined local guide, I always re-discovered something new in my neighborhood, things that I didn't put so much attention before. 
  • My favorite thing to explore: Back then, for me travel is always about go to touristy destination, famous restaurant or franchise coffee shop. But now, my favorite thing is I always want to experience new things everyday, like try the other restaurant I've never been this whole time based on review from other local guides (or simply delivered my opinion if there isn't any), try to walk different route to reach certain places, and the most favorite is talk with local people or simply making new friends, really love to hear the stories!
  • Fun Fact about me: I always bring my ukulele when I travel (especially during a road trip), covering songs, singing together or even learning local music. I believe that music has the power to bring people come together. 

Me and Uke during road trip in New ZealandMe and Uke during road trip in New Zealand

Level 10

Bls: Introduce Yourself - February 2019

Hi @Petra_M 

Nice to know about your profile in this thread, now I introduce again my self for february 2019

Name = Dedi Sopandi Sofwan

ID Connect = PaDeSSo

From = Bandung City - IndonesiaWith OSAMA at Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta IndonesiaWith OSAMA at Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Indonesia

Museum Fotowalk with Bandung Local GuidesMuseum Fotowalk with Bandung Local Guides

Monas Fotowalk with Jabodetabek Local GuidesMonas Fotowalk with Jabodetabek Local Guides

Kampung Labirin Fotowalk with Bogor Local GuidesKampung Labirin Fotowalk with Bogor Local Guides

Lets do our best and Welcome To Indonesia

Regards

PaDeSSo

Former Google Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2019

Thanks for your introduction @PaDeSSo, your photos are so adorable.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks dear friend, @Petra_M for the Feb Month thread,

Your post has a senti-attachment-feel - great! Nice to 'feel' it...

You are lucky, I would say... Becoming a Googler is also worthy like, becoming an Olympian...

All the best...

I too shall give a brief intro...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Bls: Introduce Yourself - February 2019

Meaningful photos and good brief, thanks... dear friend @PaDeSSo 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hi dear all LGs...

Especially all New Comers... Welcome & wish you all the best...

Here is my brief:

• Name: Would love to be known as TravellerG
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: Simple = I Love "The spirit of sharing the Spirit".
  • My favorite thing to explore: Everything in Blessed "Nature" (Except cruelty).
  • Fun fact about me: While struggling with my professional commitments, God gives me happiness in being with you all...
  • Contribution to Google: I am happy that God gifted me with more than 33 Million Photo viewers, I thank all the readers.

Wish you all the very best....