GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Reintroduction

Hi @vipin_joshi,

Welcome to Connect!  I'm definitely extroverted by nature but I absolutely enjoy my quiet (alone) time as well.  Socializing can often times be exhausting for me but I do believe that meeting different people and understanding customs of people that are not like me is very important for the soul.  At the end of the day, we're all in this together.  Thank you for being a great Local Guide!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2018

I have been travelling in most of the west European countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Switzerland, Austria,Germany, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Turkey, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina...maybe some other countries but now I don't remember, now I am living in Ireland, I didn't travel so much outside Europe just in USA,Cuba and Brasil.

It was long time ago and there was no google map at that time but I never got lost! I need to know where I am all the time, I just don't  understand how some people don't have a clue where they are located and they don't even know where is south or north! The worst thing that can happen to me is becoming disorientated!

I just love maps, any kind of maps, but google map is super! 

Level 8

Many thanks @Anonymous

Sometimes my answers looks like a robot πŸ™‚

Masha and Bear, cartoons, Russia.

I love. πŸ™‚

Best regards and respect from Brazil.

Connect Moderator

For those who have not met Connect Moderator @PaulPavlinovich in person, he’s part mountain man (if you get stuck in the woods, you want Paul to be with you), part photographer, specializing in nature, outdoor, nude, train, twisted sense of humor photography, part techie (Google raving fan in particular), and part caring individual.

I’ve known Paul through 2 Local Guides Summits and as a fellow Connect Moderator. He’s a little gruff, but has a heart of gold. Check out who decides to layout on Google San Francisco’s office floor?!

The lucky 39 Local Guides that got a #bestsummitever impromptu Google SF office tour, Photo: @PaulPavlinovichThe lucky 39 Local Guides that got a #bestsummitever impromptu Google SF office tour, Photo: @PaulPavlinovich

If you haven’t experienced one of Paul’s 36 Photowalks, you should definitely try it!

I have helped him at his last year’s Worldwide 36 Photowalk and was his β€˜caboose’ at last year’s 36 Photowalk - Local Guides Summit 17 edition. You don’t have to have fancy camera equipment. Just your phone will do. Like he has said, you can do it alone or gather a 100 people. Both are fun!

Being a Local Guide can be more than just volunteering your time for Google and helping make Google Maps better, it can give you the opportunity to meet fellow Local Guides in your local community and here in the global community called Connect, to become great friends and work together on shared interests and goals.

Fellow Connect Moderators @ErmesT @FaridTDF, like Paul, both have pet projects that have spun off from being Local Guides, that drive their passions and makes them motivated to be here on Connect and to use Google Maps to further their goals to help and make their communities better. 

I will I’ll let them share their personal stories.

Cheers,

Karen

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

I stood next to Wonder Woman :)I stood next to Wonder Woman πŸ™‚Hi Local Guides, I know I've been around for a little while now, but I thought since I'm organising another large hopefully large event I might jump in and introduce myself again. I am Paul Pavlinovich otherwise known as DropBearPaul by a few of you. I'm currently a Level 8 Local Guide and one of the volunteer Connect Moderators. I'm also involved in a world wide youth movement which tries to introduce equality, leadership, self worth and resilience in young people.

I live in Australia to the east of Melbourne in a town named Emerald. I organise photowalks, geowalks and foodcrawls. Currently I'm organising the 2018 The "36" Walk which is aimed at improving photography through constraint. This walk improves us to improve our contributions to Maps photos. Go ahead and organise a walk, it doesn't matter if you have zero, one or 100 people come along. You've achieved something.

I've been lucky enough to get to two Local Guides Summits and very strongly recommend that you apply for the next one if you qualify because meeting the Googlers and Local Guides that you interact with is a simply amazing experience. It is one of those rare events where everyone is coming together for a happy reason and everyone in the room shares a common set of values and goals. Friendships are quickly made and many last well beyond the Summit. Even though we'll compete for a spot, I wish you the absolute best in your application.

Through Local Guides I've learned tons about Maps and the behind the scenes. Before Local Guides I was leading some community events, but through Local Guides I've been able to be involved in and even lead some truly big efforts which is hectic, stressful, challenging and immensely rewarding. Being able to make a difference for other people is for me the main perk of being a Local Guide. My contributions to Maps and the events I run simply make me happy in the midst of a world that needs a lot more happy.

You might wonder about my choice of selfie for this post, it's quite deliberate. It was taken in the Google San Francisco office outside the Wonder Woman meeting room. For me it conveys something important, that tour was organised by fellow Local Guide @KarenVChin who is by any definition a Wonder Woman, she along with amazing people such as Googlers @TraciC @MegS @YanniY demonstrate every day what any woman can do. Through Local Guides we all have the same opportunities to contribute and to make something of ourselves because Local Guides is world wide it transcends country based culture to extend equality everywhere in the world.

Regards Paul

Level 2

My self krishn kant jha form faridabad.

I live in two countries india and nepal and l travel through 6 states.

Level 2

Hi my name is Nathaniel from Belize. It is a small country in Central america bordered by Guatemala and Mexico. Most of you already heard about us and probably came here on a cruise ship. I worked three years as a tour guide here in my country, and right now I do international work on daily basis providing excellent customer service over the phones. I've been almost all over my country on foot by boat and car. There is still a lot more for me to discover but hopefully I will be able to share it with the world as i go along.

Re: math

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to Connect!

I see that @deepakjhic gave you good tips and a lot to read. I'm moving your post to the Introduce Yourself - February 2018. Probably you are already preparing your intro for it.

Cheers, 

Marin

Level 1

Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya guide

Just sign up today 7-2-2018.Need a lot of guidance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exellent @Hostindublin, u travel west and east Europe, and u have been in all countries except mine (Serbia) 😊. Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina are next to Serbia - we where all same country before... U have a lot of traveling experience πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Re: Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya guide

Hi @EzekielChua,

Welcome to Connect!

Why dont you start off by introducing yourself in this topic?

Here are some tips for getting started: 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead.
  • Π’here is also a photo limit of 1,000 photos on Connect. If you've reach this limit, you'll have to delete older images before uploading new images. Learn more here.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators