GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2018

Hi, thank you so much for the warm welcome from everyone.  

Level 8

Hi @Jagadeesh_Reddy

Many thanks! Pleased to meet you too. 🙂

Best regards!

Level 8

Thanks @MdEmranulHoque 🙂

I m very happy. It's SUMMER in Brazil 🙂

I like this Season.

Best regards.

Level 5

many thanks, nice to meet you too broo @Jagadeesh_Reddy

Level 1

ORCHID LOVERS

Around the world." is my one of life time Goal...

Connect Moderator

I stood next to Wonder Woman :)I stood next to Wonder Woman 🙂Hi Local Guides, I know I've been around for a little while now, but I thought since I'm organising another large hopefully large event I might jump in and introduce myself again. I am Paul Pavlinovich otherwise known as DropBearPaul by a few of you. I'm currently a Level 8 Local Guide and one of the volunteer Connect Moderators. I'm also involved in a world wide youth movement which tries to introduce equality, leadership, self worth and resilience in young people.

I live in Australia to the east of Melbourne in a town named Emerald. I organise photowalks, geowalks and foodcrawls. Currently I'm organising the 2018 The "36" Walk which is aimed at improving photography through constraint. This walk improves us to improve our contributions to Maps photos. Go ahead and organise a walk, it doesn't matter if you have zero, one or 100 people come along. You've achieved something.

I've been lucky enough to get to two Local Guides Summits and very strongly recommend that you apply for the next one if you qualify because meeting the Googlers and Local Guides that you interact with is a simply amazing experience. It is one of those rare events where everyone is coming together for a happy reason and everyone in the room shares a common set of values and goals. Friendships are quickly made and many last well beyond the Summit. Even though we'll compete for a spot, I wish you the absolute best in your application.

Through Local Guides I've learned tons about Maps and the behind the scenes. Before Local Guides I was leading some community events, but through Local Guides I've been able to be involved in and even lead some truly big efforts which is hectic, stressful, challenging and immensely rewarding. Being able to make a difference for other people is for me the main perk of being a Local Guide. My contributions to Maps and the events I run simply make me happy in the midst of a world that needs a lot more happy.

You might wonder about my choice of selfie for this post, it's quite deliberate. It was taken in the Google San Francisco office outside the Wonder Woman meeting room. For me it conveys something important, that tour was organised by fellow Local Guide @KarenVChin who is by any definition a Wonder Woman, she along with amazing people such as Googlers @TraciC @MegS @YanniY demonstrate every day what any woman can do. Through Local Guides we all have the same opportunities to contribute and to make something of ourselves because Local Guides is world wide it transcends country based culture to extend equality everywhere in the world.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

@PaulPavlinovich ♥ ♥ ♥

Level 5

1. Name: Grace
  2. Location: Philippines
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: i get to learn about other people and the worlds that shape them.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Outer Space!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've moved houses 7 times 😄

me2.JPG

Level 8

Welcome @GraceBiano

Level 8

Hello @LaxmiG1

I wish you a warm welcome in Feb 2018 post.