Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Bls: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

Hello

IMG20161118142930.jpg

Name : Dresthia Yusuf Kalpika Wiratama

Location Ponorogo - Surabaya (Indonesia)

I love traveling and i love photograph 

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

Hi @BellaWi

1.Name: Walter

2.Germany

3. It is Great to be a part of a international community who helps to understand the world an discover places - i love to share informations

4. i love to share fotos showing the place how it is and not commercial

5. Google 🙂

6. Fun Fact about me: i'am a Hunter for Offers (in Germany we say "Schnäppchenjäger") - it is hard for my friends because i help even they say no

IMG_0361.JPG

Walter Sanders
Level 3

#Level3 #LocalGuide, always looking to film, photograph, interview, develop, contribute or create the next big thing! I look forward to networking with many of you and continuing my digital contributions to the world of Google.

I'll start one of my very many contributions with some fresh new #Tricky content shot just a couple of days ago here in #Tampa #Florida, Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UenzKgXG2ms

Level 3

Name: Mareano

Location: Live in La Plata, Capital of the province of Buenos Aires, at 60km from Buenos Aires city (originally from Bariloche, Rio Negro): Argentina

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love photography and share with google maps. My city is a great university center that brings together people from all over the country, and the first time here can be confused, so make it easy with google maps, it´s a big satisfaction 

I love to share: The daily eclectic life of the city, its monuments, architecture and mysteries

How did I hear about Local Guides: following others localguides at the app

Fun Fact About Me: Im a pizza eating champion

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-05 a las 12.03.56.png

Level 8

Name: Steven Vacher

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have been adding photos to StreetView for a couple of years but only just found this local guide site. I do however like getting the emails from Google saying how many people have viewed or used my photos.

I love to share:I've always been into photography so love the technology of taking 360º photos with my iPhone.

I have recently bought a Samsung Gear 360 camera, it enables me to take 360º pictures in one hit.

I tend to take pics inside buildings that interest me, cathedrals, museums and other places that aren't covered by the Google StreetView car. I also travel the UK for work so get to take pics far and wide.

Recently I did a bunch of pictures at a bouldering centre I climb at, when I was there one of the other climbers I asked to duck out of the way asked if I would do a set of photos at his new wall.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Clicked on a lucky link, wasn't really looking for it.

Fun Fact About Me: Married, photographer, woodworker, XBox gamer, cyclist, a little pedantic... None of these are particularly 'fun' facts but if you add them all together I'm a barrel of laughs 😉 
I started doing this for purely altruistic reasons, that being that i use Google maps all the time and wanted to give back to the community, it's the same reason i always (nearly) review on Trip Advisor, i use the service and this is how it gets better. That said, i do love seeing my view numbers go up.

Level 7

@KadeemH what a great idea to look for dishes indigenous to where you are, if and when possible. Sometimes I think people forget to do that (or they think for some reason that is a bad idea.)

When we visit new places, we always try to engage locals in conversation, whether about where to shop, or places to see, etc. When possible we then also ask about foods or restaurants where locals go to eat, so that we can enjoy what they enjoy.

Level 7

@WalterSanders I am not sure still what a Hunter for Offers actually does 🙂  But I very much adore that you enjoy offering help!

Level 7

@marianov I have to ask about your pizza-eating skills! 

Did you enter a contest? Where? How many people were involved? How many pizzas did you have to eat to become champion?

Or do you just really love to eat pizza 🙂

Level 7

@StevenVacher You said you have been adding photos to StreetView for years. I am ashamed now to confess that while I have been a great fan and user of Google Maps, (and I know that people can add photos to it) I have never considered adding photos to Maps, or to StreetView (although I didn't ever look into StreetView that closely).

Local Guides is very good to motivate me 🙂

Level 8

Get on it Marie, if you've got an iPhone or Android you can even add 360º, it's great fun 🙂