BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

Name: Øystein Håberg

Location: Fosnavåg, a small village on the west coast of Norway.

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I’ve always loved maps, and I’ve always been interested in geographical information, like knowing the capitals, the population, etc. And seeing wrong or missing information is one of the things that annoys me the most. Hence, being a Local Guide is the perfect fit for me. I love adding and editing information that I care about, and helping others in the process.

I love to share: Pictures and reviews, although I’ve contributed the most by editing information so far.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I think I just stumbled upon it using Google Maps.

Fun Fact About Me: I have one blue, and one blue and brown eye. And I’ve travelled to over 30 countries, including USA, Australia and Israel.

Level 7

Le Introduction

Hola 🙂 

1. Name: Carmen
  2. Location:Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Adding pictures of sheep to my workplace and having people on meetings / interviews / company functions have sheepish conversations when they meet me! It's a highly effective corporate warfare tactic! Also I enjoy updating places that are awesome yet not properly reviewed or photographed or positioned on the Maps. 
  4. I love to share: Huge stories about shopping mall incursions with the girlfriend's family and dishing out vigilante justice on the streets. I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Umm, I posted a few pictures and reviews during a seedy weekend getaway in a slummy Malaysian red light district while on a completely unauthorized rendezvous with a lover?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I infamously don't use my real name outside of paying income tax. Also, here is a picture of your new Sheep overlords and one of their subjects. 

Hail, Sheep!Hail, Sheep!

A Lost Sheep in Delhi
https://lostsheepdelhi.wordpress.com
Level 7

I have no idea about kudos

@BellaW wrote:
The "IntroduceYourself" threads (you can find Dec 2016 and Jan 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Bella 
  2. Location: Singapore (originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting fellow explorers around the globe.  I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city. Thanks to our Taipei's Local Guides and @YK1001, I have new favorite coffeeshop in Taipei (and I bought the beans back home). 🙂
  4. I love to share: It is hard to choose, I love to share everything. But I always starts by taking photos (while waiting for my order) then move on to writing reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2015 and joined this awesome team in 2016. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: For unknown reason, my friends always ask my help to open their water bottles/jam jars (maybe my success rate is higher). 😛

Now it's your turn.

Bella-100.jpg

Level 7

Hello everyone.

I am Marie.

I grew up in Brooklyn but have lived in Manhattan, NY, since 1990. My husband of 30+ and I raised our two sons in our apartment. We love it!

I just recently Joined the Local Guides to present my love of Manhattan, and my pride in showing this city off--as well as sharing our enjoyment of other places we visit around the US and the world. 

I think Local Guides will also help me (as well as others) appreciate how Photos can enhance experiences!

Level 6

1. Name: Kadeem
  2. Location: Irvine, California, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Traveling and food are my passions! From California to Portugal, I've been able to rely on the reviews of local guides to help plan my adventures. Likewise, I'm able to leave great, honest, feedback myself.
  4. I love to share: Pictures and map updates!  I like to know any available facts about where I'm going and what it may look like when I arrive. Everyone benefits from this too.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I actually can't remember how I first heard about it, all I know now is that I'm glad I did!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a foodie! You can follow me on Instagram @proteins.carbs.fat

Instagram @proteins.carbs.fatInstagram @proteins.carbs.fat

Level 3

Thank you, Bella, for interesting idea) Now I will try to introduce myself too

1. Name: Boris 
  2. Location:  Haifa, Israel
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have become an expert about Haifa in a rather strange manner. By my profession I am an English teacher. I had moved to Israel from Ukraine about 19 years ago. In Haifa I started to give my ads about lessons in every possible place and in every social adboard. This way I learnt all the city  in details and started to help other. Mind also, that I can do it in English, so... So, now all members of my English Club Haifa are local guides too.
  4. I love to share: I love to tell to all people of the world what a beautiful city my Haifa is.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I am not a newcomer in internet. I have been exploring the web since 2003. Sure, I have heard about Google Maps, but about Local Guides learnt recently and occasionally (making the web-page of my club in Google Maps)
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am very positive person. 
  7. main_fb-768x730.jpg
Level 7

Hello Kadeem,

I love your foodie graphic!  it sounds like you have done a lot of traveling. 

When you visit a new place (for you) how do you seek out new restaurants and eating places?

Level 7

Hello Boris!

I know nothing about Haifa! Now I must go find photos and interesting places there.

Lovely to meet you!

Level 6

Hi Marie,

First I check to see if there are any dishes indigenous to the place I'm visiting. If there are, I seek venues to patronize with the help of Google maps. I go straight to the reviews to get a sense of what to expect. If there isn't anything I haven't tried before I go with whatever I'm in the mood to try, but still find the best place for what I'm in the mood to eat.

Level 3

Thank you, Marie) I have a lot o

@MarieP wrote:

Hello Boris!

I know nothing about Haifa! Now I must go find photos and interesting places there.

Lovely to meet you!

f pictures. and promise to publish them in order all my new friends to get acquainted better with my beautiful Haifa)