Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

Sathiya MoorthySathiya Moorthy

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Sathiya Moorthy Karan
  2. Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The main thing is I love being in community and I'll have to contribute to society in all aspects that I can. I would like to share my whole new level of experience that I have in my local and let others to get benefit of what I know. And another reason why I joined local guides is to make new friends and to join the whole community and explor all over the world.
  4. I love to share: I love sharing photos with Google community.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I joined in 2016 and and yet to join with all other friends here
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I was also the Mozilla Ambassador from 2013. As like Mozilla I would like to contribute to Google which is the main source of helpful resource to all the people in the world.
Level 5

Name: Chelsea

What do I love about being a local guide: I love taking/posting informative pictures. When reading online reviews of restaurants, there are far too many photos of the food! I want to know what the restaurant 'feels like' on the inside. Is it romantic? is it quick and easy? is it good for grandma or mom? Is it a kid friendly place?

I love to share: Pictures! Good ones! not just what the food looks like, but what the building and atmosphere look like. 

Fun Fact about me: I broke over 13 bones before I was 20 years old. 

IMG_20170120_160223 (1).jpg

Level 8

1. Name: Al
  2. Location: Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico
  3. I am not going to filled the rest of the form as it should have popped up as a From. I have been adding photos and information for a long time just not everyday. A large portion is when we do road trips to find places we have not visited. The wife and I are interested in meeting others in our area who are also local guides
  4. Regards
Level 5

Hello Local Guide community,

My name is Irina, I am an artist, musician, futurist and many other things as I like to explore, travel and create, more on irinaklyuev.com  

Here are some answers to the template questions:

1. Name: Irina
  2. Location: Montenengro (I am location independent so this sections changes often)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I really like this aspect of society developing itself to progress together, with little contributions that each of us can make and at the same time be of enormous help to each other. 
  4. I love to share: Google maps (as well as so many other products by google) has been of tremendous help throughout years and it feels only natural that we all could contribute bit by bit, and at the same time connect with each other 🙂
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I am not really sure how I heard about it, but I think it was sometimes in the summer of 2016 that I discovered I could contribute and then I started discovering the community. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love fog, because it reminds me of the mysterious that surrounds us, we can feel it but never define it and that is where the imagination kicks in and in my case makes wonders with whatever I am doing. 

20161008_113630.jpg

Level 4

Derelict Francisco Friary in Claregalway. County GalwayDerelict Francisco Friary in Claregalway. County Galway

Franciscan Abbey in Claregalway. County GalwayFranciscan Abbey in Claregalway. County Galway

Derelict castle in Claregalway. County GalwayDerelict castle in Claregalway. County Galway

Cemetery around the derelict Franciscan Abbey on Claregalway. County GalwayCemetery around the derelict Franciscan Abbey on Claregalway. County Galway

Level 3

Derelict Franciscan Abbey in Claregalway. County Galway IrelandDerelict Franciscan Abbey in Claregalway. County Galway Ireland

Old castle in Claregalway. County Galway IrelandOld castle in Claregalway. County Galway Ireland

History of the zFranciscan abbey  in Claregalway. County Galway IrelandHistory of the zFranciscan abbey in Claregalway. County Galway Ireland

Level 8

Hi @BonganiM Here are the rules as they imagine.

Level 4

ya..definitely....@marieP ...

i am collecting some important Data and photos  about the place.. ..

you will enjoy very soon ..and you will get some interesting place .....

@MarieP wrote:

Hello @SSaurav nice to meet you.

I cannot wait to see what you share about India!

Level 4

ya..definitely.... @MariePham ...

i am collecting some important Data and photos  about the place.. ..

you will enjoy very soon ..and you will get some interesting place .....

@MarieP wrote:

Hello @SSaurav nice to meet you.

I cannot wait to see what you share about India!

Level 7

Hello @IrinaK lovely to meet you.

I had the good fortune to visit Kotor -only for a day -  while on a cruise a couple of years ago.  I was so excited to be able to say I had visited Montenegro, although just a part of one day in one place does not really count.

Nice that you mention loving fog. Before I read your post I was looking out my window here (sitting at my desk I can look eastward out over one of our rivers). It is a very rainy day so there is lots of fog. I was thinking how much mystery fog provides--hiding some objects (buildings, trees, etc) that are familiar to us, or highlighting other objects we may not otherwise notice.

Hmm photos of fog.....

And are you holding one of your own paintings? I do really like it 🙂