BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - February 2017

The "Introduce Yourself" threads (you can find Dec 2016 and Jan 2017) get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Bella 
  2. Location: Singapore (originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting fellow explorers around the globe.  I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city. Thanks to our Taipei's Local Guides and @YK1001, I have new favorite coffeeshop in Taipei (and I bought the beans back home). 🙂
  4. I love to share: It is hard to choose, I love to share everything. But I always starts by taking photos (while waiting for my order) then move on to writing reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2015 and joined this awesome team in 2016. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: For unknown reason, my friends always ask my help to open their water bottles/jam jars (maybe my success rate is higher). 😛

Now it's your turn.

Bella-100.jpg

Saya tidak memonitor pesan pribadi di Connect. Jika ada yang ingin ditanyakan, mohon dibagikan secara publik di board yang sesuai dengan topik yang ingin Anda bagikan. Terima kasih! 🙂

219 comments
Level 1

Just joined

IMG_20170129_180134.jpg

my son arya and me dev

Googler

Re: Just joined

Hi @DevT. Welcome to Connect! Allow me to share some information you may find helpful in making your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate:

• This post includes tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community

• Google Translate is enabled across Connect, so please feel free to communicate in the language you feel most comfortable 

• Using the Forums contains a number of threads which you may find helpful for navigating Connect in general

• If you're looking for more information on how to contribute great content to Google Maps to make the most of your Local Guides experience, I recommend visiting About Local Guides

• My favorite board is Share Your Photos & Discoveries where you can share a photo or a place that's special to you in your local area or a spot you've discovered in your journeys

I hope this information has been helpful and I look forward to seeing more of your posts here on Connect! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2017

hi @BellaWi 

Name: Md Shafiul Bashar

Location: Live in Dhaka, Bangladesh. (From Comilla, Bangladesh.)

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Guiding on maps is my best hobby because its use my lazy time for help other. I love to see on maps whats other local guides say and wahts about other  places configuration. Being a local guides I have the chance to share my experience globally or learn by seeing other experience on Local guides Connect Community. I can also update my area mapping by using only Google maps.  Wow!!!!

I love to share: I love to share my Photographs on maps . Make me proud when I see my photo view counts , its helps other people to know many unseen places Globally. So when I visit any place don’t miss the chance to collect this area photographs.

How did I hear about Local Guides: When I started to make contribution on maps I have received a notification to be a local guides. Then I know about Local guides Program

Fun Fact About Me: Meeting with many friends or traveling unseen places is very interesting for me. So when I make any meet up for Introducing my Community or local guides, I feel very fun or pleasure.

Copy  from ....

Introduce Yourself - January 2017

Level 7

1. Name: Masum Ikbal
  2. Location: Dhaka
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The best perk of being a local guide is obviously to help others finding a desired place or helping someone to discover new and exciting things that will add colour to their life. It's also a great opportunity to meet new people with great minds.
  4. I love to share: I like sharing photos mostly. Also like to give when there is really a good story to tell.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through Google maps.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My friends think of they are in a situation of being in a gunpoint and are told to call someone, if he picks the call he is dead; they'll prefer calling me. It's the safest option. 😂
Level 8

1. Name: Roman
  2. Location:Live in Dhaka(originally from Birampur, Dinajpur)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love photography and share with google maps. when i see my photo in front of maps and people helped, i feel proud. Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting fellow explorers around the globe.  I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city. Thanks to our Bangladesh Local Guides and thanks @MahabubMunna bro.
  4. I love to share: It is hard to choose, I love to share everything. But I always starts by taking photos (while waiting for my order) then move on to writing reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2015 and joined Bangladesh Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me:   I like chilling with my Friends and my friends call me rommo. 😛

roman2.jpg     

Level 8

1. Name: Sajol Kumar Das
  2. Location: Bangladesh(Dhaka)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Running with Local Guides is an amazing thing for me. I love to travel and doing the review of that place. Also meet up. Meeting with new people, I love that very much. Before couple, of days we arranged 50th meet up. That was awesome.
  4. I love to share: I love to showcase my photos around the map. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I am staying with Local Guides from 2015. Actually, I can't remember how I join here. But I started and loved to do so. @MahabubMunna Brother is really very helpful for me.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My friends tell how I get all the energy to run and participate in various place. I told them I am full charged.

That is really  me. :)That is really me. 🙂

Level 8

1. Name: MD SunMoon

2. Location: Shariatpur District, Dhaka, Bangladesh

3. What do I love about being a Local Guides: I want to develop my country. I develop my County in google map. I add a Location in google map for help people. People are find her Location easy in map.

4. I love to share: I always love to share  photos. & take lots of photos. Share Location & my experience. 

5. How did i hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides April 2015 then i join team. I always stay this team.

6. Fun fact about me: I always fun with my friends.  One day i prank with my some friends. when i say them it was prank.  i look them face they are so happy.

CYMERA_20161228_131023.jpg

Level 7

1. Name: Rory
  2. Location: Perth, Western Australia (but originally from Windsor, UK) 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love my city (Perth) and as a new arrival I am very proud of my city and love showing it off in photographs and in person.
  4. I love to share: I share my opinions, I share my passion and I love to share the secret spots of this awesome State of Western Australia.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guide in 2015 after submitting a few Photospheres from my Nexus Phones.  
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love taking Photospheres in supermarkets. For some reason they become my most viewed images. So if you see a strange man turning in circles in the fruit'n'veg section of the local supermarket with a mobile phone....that's me! 

I'm the one in the middle...the others are my children!I'm the one in the middle...the others are my children!

Level 8

Hello @BellaWi

Nice to know you There

1. Name: Yousuf Mohammed Seddat
  2. Location: Narayanganj, Bangladesh. Originally from Chittagong, Bangladesh
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: As a Human being I love my all of Working position as I have many responsibilities to helping peoples of my Motherland. working as Local Guide and Improving my self here day by day is most cause of my love to being Local Guides. 
  4. I love to share: I love to share what I love to doing for my Happiness.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Usually got help from Google Maps since I know this, I tried to became a part of this. I worked hard for Map Making from long time and introduced with Local Guides since 2015 by our beloved Moderators @Hasan_Shahed, @MahabubMunna and Late @Moshiur RahmanM. they are(were) awesome human being to lead us on this track. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a mysterious guy to all of my well-wishers and haters as full of energetic who is doing many activities in this after ages. 😛 Most of the curious part is my Adventurous life with my beloved Bike. 😄 

IMG_20161210_120509930-1.jpg