CarlosK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Introduce Yourself - Carlos Kan | Panama

Hi Google Local Guides Connect,

Is a pleasure to introduce myself and share a bit about me. My name is Carlos Kan and I am Panamanian.  Father of three wonderful kids,  two boy twins, and lovely girl. 

Carlos Kan, invited Panama representative to People´s Republic of China. September 2017.Carlos Kan, invited Panama representative to People´s Republic of China. September 2017.

Been an active advocate in the fields of Technology and Education representing the country of Panama several times.  Performing R&D, teaching in higher education, and nowadays developing a startup focusing on the nurture of work and wealth for our nation.

Carlos Kan, invited keynote speaker as a former scholar by the IFARHU, May 2017.Carlos Kan, invited keynote speaker as a former scholar by the IFARHU, May 2017.

But foremost, helping to shape our landscape as an active key opinion leader and delivering myself as an instrument who serves a purpose of legacy for our children and generations to come.  A purpose that serves long-term objectives and sustainable growth for our nations.

Thank you for the consideration and opportunity. 

Best regards,

Carlos Kan

Quick track of Carlos Kan

1. Name: My name is Carlos, but recently they also know me as The Father of Victoria 😊 or The Father of the Twins 😊due to my kids.
  2. Location: I was born and raised in Panama City, Panama. But also have spent time during my childhood living in California, USA and in Hsinchu, Taiwan while I was studying my master degree.
  3. About me and Local Guide: I am the second generation of Chinese who were born in Panama. Family and values have been great pillars of my life since I can even remember. And that is something I have been nurturing with my own kids and family. With that being said, been a Local Guide is delivering myself as an instrument to serve a purpose that is somehow attached to education, where is one of my values and by helping the ecosystem it will help me back too.
  4. Quick lessons from Local Guides:  One of the very quick things that Local Guides has taught me easily, is that if you ever give time to help others it will pay back easily. In an example, I always check google maps to validate if the pharmacy is open or the location of the restaurant are we planning to land offers special dishes for the kids. Things like that truly make life easier.
  5. Facts: I was born in a telecom family, my father was one of the pioneers in the deployment of two-way radio networks in Panama back in the 1980´s and perhaps that is one of the reasons I also spent around 14 years in that industry too. But perhaps the essence is to help connect and assure information for individuals no matter where they were. I honestly would say, Local Guides help drive a better ecosystem in a simple and collaborative way. In an example, my contribution in helping Banco Nacional de Panamá impacts the daily life of citizens who want to search for local services, location, bus services nearby, etc. In addition, as a technology blogger, university professor, startup cofounder, and key opinion leader, it has helped me address the importance of quality of information on platforms such as Google My Business, Google Street View, Google Trips, etc.
Panama City, Panama
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Introduce Yourself - Carlos Kan | Panama

A warm welcome to telecom family in a local guide connect family @CarlosK

I am happy to hear that you've put your family in front priority which is a must thing. Also your dedication to the map also inspiring.

Keep on mapping! Have a great time ahead 😃

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

A warm welcome to telecom family in a local guide connect family @CarlosK

I am happy to hear that you've put your family in front priority which is a must thing. Also your dedication to the map also inspiring.

Keep on mapping! Have a great time ahead 😃

Level 6

Thank you @BishowvijayaP highly appreciate it.