Re: Introduce Yourself - August 2019

Hi dear @HelloSamsonR 
A warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

Re: Posting suggestions

Hi, @Kanasu 

Traveling gives us good opportunities for local guides.

We are looking forward to reading your photos and posts:-)

First, enjoy your journey!

Thank you @AdamGT !

Level 9

Hello @FelipePK 

• Name: Abdullah Al Mamun
  • Location: Mymensingh, presently live in the capital city Dhaka, Bangladesh
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: I like exploring, l love travelling to see the beauty of the world. I am someone who finds a lot of pleasure to travelling and eating out. I am curious to know about other Local Guides’ experiences from different part of the world. I enjoy photos uploaded by other Local Guides. I would like to explore my culture and share my knowledge with other Local Guides.
  • My favorite thing to explore: I love to share my culture to other Local Guides and interested to know cultures from others Local Guides too. 
  • Fun Fact about me: Browsing Internet, Visiting friend’s house, Friday Outing, Taking Photographs, and love to Exploring my neighbourhood.

Me infront of Taj Mahal in Agra, IndiaMe infront of Taj Mahal in Agra, IndiaMe holding our national flag at infront of our National Parliament HouseMe holding our national flag at infront of our National Parliament House

Level 9

hello @FelipePK  and hello great local guides i love introduce yourself posts, we know more about each other and meet new friends 🙂

Petra selfie.jpg

• Name: Osama
  • City, State, Country: Amman, Jordan
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: i love the fact that we share our knowledge and experience with others and to help in improve my country map and feel very happy when meet other local guides face to face.
  • My favorite thing to explore: i love to search for hidden gems in every country i visit, and sure i love Food restaurants 🙂
  • Fun Fact about : this year i tried the motorcycle taxi in Indonesia for the first time in my life 1 (12).JPG
Level 6

1. Name: Alex

2. Location: New York City (originally from Singapore)

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I'm starting to like making lists. I like telling businesses positives, I like telling them what they're doing right. Businesses of all sizes need to hear "the good", not just complaints. I'm a very positive person and while I wish I could blink my eyes and change human nature to be praise-oriented instead of complaint-oriented, I know I can't do that, so writing reviews on Google Maps, for me, acts as that "substitute". How I heard of Local Guides: I don't remember. Someone discussed it in-person with me in 2015 but I don't think she's active anymore but I believe I had heard about it prior to 2015.

4. Favorite thing to explore:  This neighborhood. I've lived in this area (see 5) for nearly 11 years and I still don't know everything. 

5. Fun Fact about me: I'm extremely social and I believe in "in real life" social. Years ago I grew snapdragon flowers from seeds. The more interesting facts are in the neighborhood actually. It's known the world over as "Times Square" Manhattan (where the New Year's Eve ball drops), and most people assume it's just big corporations here. This is largely true, but I also estimate around 3,000 people call Times Square home, and I'm one of them. share3.jpgshare4.jpgshare0.jpgshare01.jpgstreet art by Brazilian artist Eduardo Kobrastreet art by Brazilian artist Eduardo Kobrashare2.jpg
My first Google Maps list: "Curious about culture?" is still under construction, but you can visit it anyway
Former Google Contributor

Re: bosnia

Hi @WALEED2,

Welcome to the Local Guides community!

Reading these 14 helpful tips for using Local Guides Connect and the 5 core values on Connect will definitely help you on how to use Connect and to follow the guidelines.

I'm going to merge your comment to the monthly introduction post for August. You’re welcome to introduce yourself say “Hi” to everyone!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks for open introducing post 

A photo of level 9 local Guides Mahabub Hasan from BangladeshA photo of level 9 local Guides Mahabub Hasan from Bangladesh

1. Name: Mahabub Hasan
  2. Location:Dhaka ,Bangladesh
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: love to meet with new people learn and share knowledge . update in google maps my local information
  4. My favorite thing to explore:Try learn something new
  5. Fun Fact about me:Love to arrange meetup, arranging Fruits up meetup in last june  A photo there 35 fruits with Bengali & English name tag also Bangladesh local guides 111th meetup banner in centerA photo there 35 fruits with Bengali & English name tag also Bangladesh local guides 111th meetup banner in center

6. 2019 {Google_Local-Guides-Meetup_Bangladesh Kazi Riasat Bin Akbar 0 (497).jpgBangladesh local Guides Core team members (photo Credit: Kazi Risat )A flag stand there India -local guides and Bangladesh flag  back side stone full river bank and clear water river and green hillsA flag stand there India -local guides and Bangladesh flag back side stone full river bank and clear water river and green hills

Mahabub Hasan
Former Google Contributor

Hey guys, 

It's so great to know a bit more about you all. The introduction's topics are so far one of my favorites. @Rezgar these are very great photos specially the ones from Desert

@OSAMA I want a turban like that too =), I'm planning to visit Petra soon. 

@AbdullahAM  great pleasure to meet you, I liked the photo at Taj Mahal (I want to visit there too)

@HelloSamsonR you guys are dressing very sharp, what style. 😃 

@MahabubMunna it's pleasure to open the Introduce Yourself topic this month. 😃

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi everyone.

1.Name: Marquinhos HARUKI 2.Location: Sao Paulo - BRAZIL

3.My favorite challenge about being a Local Guide: Still in Program about years, but the information on Google Maps helps many groups (local business, customers) people searching for accessibility places.

And, of course, I like the access to new resources. 🙂

When I need a information in Maps and for many times receive excellent results, I think: I can't believe, this amazing program it's a freeware, without payment or financial donations? Isn't a shareware?

Yes, it's really great and free Program.
Then I figured out, no way, I need to contribute, give this services back.

Go to upload, update!

This peg guy...

4. My favorite thing to explore:

I love bakeries, chocolate stores.

5. Fun Fact about me: I trying to contribute in SVtp Board in other languages. , I.e: Italian.

Caption: Theme Park, local guide @ mywifeCaption: Theme Park, local guide @ mywife

Multiple local guide, only a single accountMultiple local guide, only a single account

Great to see the amazing photos from my Bro OSAMA.

Best regards.

Level 7

Re: Posting suggestions

Thank you @AdamGT  that was really helpful.