MariaBi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - August 2017

Hello @ArnasJ

Nice muscles, Its great getting to know you!

@ArnasJ wrote:

Hello all!

So this is my second time as I am introducing myself to the community. To my mind, these introduction threads are what this community needs. To get to know better one another and become closer. 

So my name is Arnas and I come from Lithuania, Šiauliai. 

What do I love about Local Guides program? What attracts me is that I can help local businesses to attract clients and be found. I have helped numerous local businesses of my own friends by offering my help to improve their business visibility. Furthermore, I enjoy promoting my home town. I believe that it has plenty to offer to foreign tourists. 

When did I first became a Local Guide? There is a local restaurant that I still visit a lot and I searched for the best option to review the place so others would have the chance to give it a shot as well. 

On my spare time I enjoy travelling and give my best as a CrossFit athlete. 

IMG_20170401_211815_685.jpg

That's me on the right ;)That's me on the right 😉

I look forward hearing your stories! :))

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 9

hello @RickHenderson

Nice knowing you

@RickHenderson wrote:

Hey everyone. I am a friendly Canadian living in Arizona. I joined local guides because i like taking pictures of places while exploring the desert. (Truth My mom wanted me to post pics to Facebook so she could see her grandchildren)

I'm planning my 1st meetup September 9th in Gilbert AZ.

I like everything from hiking, 1/2 marathons, cooking and grocery shopping.

I have a Google+ hangout to break the ice before meeting in person.

15016065098731109262043.jpg

Join PHX LOCAL Join the conversation on Hangouts: https://hangouts.google.com/group/z2ELeUTSYPvesUVW2

@MariaBi wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads always get quite long, we started to write for you a monthly post to collect your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts while locking the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads, such as the July one, to see who already joined and where they are from (simply run a search with "Introduce Yourself"as keyword). If you're new in Connect, please use this thread. We will move any posts we find into here to keep the site organised :).

Hi everyone! A warm welcome to Local Guides Connect :D. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Maria
  2. Location: London (but I'm from a very sunny town: Foggia, North of Puglia, South of Italy)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being part of such welcoming global community. I love travelling and using Google Maps.  Local Guides content are very useful when I am scouting for new places to visit and try out. Uploading reviews and photos is my way to help others and show my gratitude to the world ;).
  4. I love to share: I love writing reviews and sharing photos related to food, art events and nature 😄
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I must confess: I became a Local Guide when I  joined the team...and now I am addicted to Maps!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love camping in nature and going to off-grid festivals. Here I am, resting and smiling close to my small tent in the New Forest National Park,  an amazing location to explore in southwest Hampshire :).

New forest camping.jpg

Who's next? 🙂

Level 9

Hey @OSAMA

Nice introduction, see you too in san francisco

@OSAMA wrote:

I am Next you @MariaBi 😉Hello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is MeHello Local Guides This is Me

NAME: OSAMA  (Son,Husband,Father & a Pharmacist)

With My Daughter AnoodWith My Daughter AnoodWith My Daughter Anood

AMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAGAMMAN,JORDAN FLAG

What I Love About Being A Local Guide :

I Love The Fact That People Naturally love to Share the Advice (For Free)  About where to go for Restaurant, Shopping,  & tourist or Just spend quite  nice time with family. I love Maps & before Google Maps I buy a Map & (search about Yellow Pages in the hotel 🙂 for every country i visit ,but now its much easier

to see all the world from your mobile navigate the city search about Places & see the real feedback from you about your experiences  and you see my feedback , About me this save a lot of Time & Money  that spend in searching the internet or reading about the city i will visit , With Google Local Guides We Can Help Millions of People and of course we can help each others as A Local Guides Community 

how to tie your shoes & how to use Google maps ( Share location , traffic , contributions) will be critical  Life skills for this century and this what i try to teach my Three daughters.

I LOVE TO SHARE :

When My Father died  i was a teenager my family give me the Shopping Responsibility with a tight budget to buy all the grocery list, so i practice to search about best quality with best price & now after 20 years  i have my own family i still do the same, I LOVE SHOPPING  compare prices ,wait the 70% sale

the free parking not crowded places , & i love to share how i enjoy my time with my kids which resturant , children museum , Gardens , Playing Areas .....

20170420_085225.jpg

How I Hear About Local Guides :

@ItS a funny story : i visit Netherland for business i stay in a nice Hotel and go vegetarian for two days in the 3rd day i go with friend to a turkish restaurant and it was a very very tasty we try the majority of the menu , when i come back i upload the pics on google maps, @ that time i don't know about Local guides after couple of days i receive  an email from google : (Thanks for adding photos to Google Maps! Your New Photo is a great addition to google maps Millions of people rely on photos like yours when they search for places. Thanks for sharing your photos with the world. You're invited to join Local Guides! )

I accept the invite without any delay and start to make the world better place as much as i can.

Fun Fcats About Me : one of few men on earth who love & enjoy Playing With kids all the day ( there is a child inside me )

Ikea Ice creamIkea Ice creamIkea Ice cream

Where to Meet:

See You All Soon in

San francisco , Jordan & Your City 

wish you all the best because you make your best you bring something amazing and valuable to life of thousands of Local Guides and make it easy to help each other Thank you .....

Connect Moderator

Re: Kittu Tyagi

hi @kittutyagi Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Why not to use your photos to introduce yourself to the community? 

As this is your first post in Connect, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Level 8

Introduce Yourself - August 2017

My name is Adam 

New in community been have a local guide for a little while .

I am a local guide in American falls Idaho USA

Joined local guides because knowledge is keen . So if in the brief moment if I can share what I know of my area . It will be a moment well spent to help others .

I live in a rural county in a State with a low population . Here the visitors will find solice .  Also often limited services and support .

I found local guides when searching for information . I believe it to be a real time saver and a valuable resource .

I am a big fan of the outdoors and nature . Spend as much time as possible in pursuit of outdoor recreation.

Level 10

Hi @Pousit @Lee_Bo @Mutt

Welcome to our World LG Family

Let's improve our brotherhood with Our Best Mapping

Nice to meet u all

Level 10

Hi @Natureroots, @PrinceseJ and @meet2siddha

Nice to meet U all

Welcome to our World LG Family

Let's improve our brotherhood with Our Best Mapping

Level 5

Hi ladies and gentleman!

I’m Russell, based in the 'Michiana Area' (North western Indiana, southwest Michigan, USA). I love to discover new places and share them with others, I also really enjoy Photography!

I’ve was a member of Panoramio, I learned about LG / Business View while browsing photography forums, and I quickly became a member!

fun fact: I have a degree in Application Development / Computer Science, and some have said I'm a natural at programing, but don’t enjoy it as much as getting out and connecting with people through Photography.

Level 8

Level 1

hi

rrrrrr.jpg