brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Local Guides Connect introductory message

Hi everyone! Here are some basics about myself...

1. Name: My name is Yaacov Afriat
  2. Location: I'm born in Montreal  and i still live here .
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to share my experience in the most respectful way. Discovering new places and sharing those experiences with other travelers makes it all worth it. 
  4. I love to share: I love sharing reviews and share my experiences with others so they can get the same or better experience then me .
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Honestly, I started to give reviews on google to help some of my youtube subscribers were they can find the best prices on hockey cards and boxes and thats when i got my first badge and i saw that i can earn more badges and help other subscribers of mine and i got hooked .  I continued contributing and last week i got the invite for the event in San Francisco and it gave more informations about the community and so far its been only positive.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love playing sports especially  hockey and tennis . I have a youtube channel were i share my hobby for hockey cards and memorabilia and i love food.
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi, I'm Felix Rogelio Flores, greetings from western Mexico.

through local guides, Google Maps, I am interested in sharing my experience with the world for those who are interested in visit to the same places in order they can take a plan and enjoy whitout problems, For the same, I want to go to California in order to know about the experience of other guides and motivate the development of my community of followers with this possible and wonderful experience.

Level 8

Hi my Name is Michael,

I am from Germany and since I'm a level 8 guide thought I know a little something about this community of people who want to help other people by reviewing stores and restaurants etc. and by taking pictures and putting them online. I actually wasn't aware of this huge community inside Google maps called "Local Guide Connect". I am astonished by everything here so far and I definitely will be here more often. It seems like a great place 🙂

Me in Eindhoven NetherlandsMe in Eindhoven Netherlands

1. Name: Michael

2. Location: Gosheim (southern Germany between Stuttgart and Zürich CH)

3. I love about being a local guide is giving suggestions. I do that in my private live all the time and I like doing it here. Even people sometime doesn't want to know 🙂

4. My favorite cuisine is actually "American food". I love a good burger (I mean, who doesn't?). I also like the Seafood on the west coast (same here, who doesn't? 🙂

5.  The village I live in (Gosheim) is pretty small (only 4000 people). Maybe that was the reason for me to choose a job where I have to travel a lot. And because there is a company in Gosheim which is selling machines all over the world I chose to work there as a service technician.

Level 10

Nice introduction.

Best luck for LG 2018

BM63
Level 8

Hi! This wonderful community of people was a pleasant surprise to me too.  What a great hobby this is turning out to be for me!  I even enjoy making contact with local businesses to verify information.  The most fun is taking pictures of food and flora/vegetation in different areas of the country.  

Jeanne Rogers
Level 10

Wow great pictures

BM63
Level 7

1. Name: Oscar Rene
  2. Location: Los Angeles, CA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing and learning!  I love posting pictures and leaving detailed reviews, helping people get a feel for places.
  4. I love to share:  Quality pictures.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After going to a restaurant that was closed, I looked on line to see if there was any way to correct the error on google maps. From there I learned about Google Guides and have been trying the help and share ever since.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I traveled out of the Americas for the first time last year.  I went to China, Thailand, London, and France all in one year!
Level 5

1. Name: Arinze
  2. LocationSaskatoon, Canada
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love exploring new places, and I  have made a couple of trips for exploration sake! Taking pictures and providing answers to different people based on my experience of places help them make decisions and their tours and how best to enjoy it. There are lots of beautiful places on our planet and I just love helping people explore these places!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love native Italian cuisines with lots of tasty poultry! The more delicious, the better! I am always willing to try the local dishes of places I go to though.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have a gorgeous twin sister! Being a twin makes me feel somewhat peculiar. I have taken photos of different places in over fifteen cities and have helped over 35,000 people navigate various local communities.
Level 6

Re: Introduce myself

Thank you @Rezgar for this information. It has helped me maneuver in the community

Mechatronic Engineer
Traveller, world wide adventures, love to travel
Fluent in English and Swahili
Level 10

Re: Introduce myself

You're welcome my dear friend @Rottok

Best Regards
Rezgar