cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello everyone,

• Name: Ronald (Ron) Kuhn
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I have the chance to present photos from my journeys through Europe and Afrika. In a review I can give information to other people or can get information what to see and what to do in a place where I stay. Also I like to collect Google Badges, because it's a lot of fun to see how many points you've collected so far. When I'm travelling in Zambia, I want to recommend modifications, but it was easier with Google Map Maker.
  • My favorite thing to explore: When I look back at my past year of travels, I have to say that the main themes are National Parks and UNESCO World Heritage places as well as places where I can have a really beautiful view of the area I’m visiting. Cultural places with a long history are one of my favourite goals. Taking back all the time to when the actions has been taken place, it's a real magical moment, to get in contact with other cultures, other times and other ways of thinking. During a city trip, I like to take photos during night, because the night shapes a city diffently and you can see aspects you'll never recognize at day. 
  • About Me and my job: I’m a teacher for mathematics and physics at a Secondary School. At my school I’m responsible for our Exchange Program with two bording schools in Zambia. Once a year I visit these schools with a group of our students. It’s absolutely great to explore different countries and cultures. We met people becoming friends and to see them once a year ist the best part in travelling.

active in Zambiaactive in Zambia

Level 8

Hi everyone

I'm Tharaka from the beautiful island of Sri Lanka

Zero moment of truth is what i like most about google. could it be due to reviews or directions of map.

letting everyone to virtually experience places,  could it be a restaurant, boutique, school anything.

enabling everyone to compare and contrast things. by which users can make informed decisions. and the owner of the location can improve using user comments. And the owner cannot remove or edit the comments. so the customer can see it as it is.

Enabling people to find directions by own. do not have to ask and depend on strangers comments on which turn to take and which way to follow to reach a destination.

I love being able to part of this zero moment of truth.

as i was using google maps to find directions, noticed the reviews also given. Started thinking who is doing this and then became one of them.

Level 5

1. Name: Alex
  2. LocationKiev, Ukraine
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide:

I have started adding new info to Google Maps a couple of years ago. While it was just for fun, recently I realized that this platform has a massive influence on everyday life of every person who uses Google Maps to find any place. It helps me as well, as it has a lot of useful instruments which improve my experience. For instance, if I need to find a place to eat I will most certainly use it as the most reliable source. But everything there depends on the people who submit their reviews and provide valuable info.

This is why I joined Local Guides and started to improve the content I submit. Most of all I like uploading photos of places I`ve been to, as sometimes it`s better to see than to read about it. My favorite part is that everyone has a possibility to do something better in this world. It can be either a small answer to a simple question or a detailed and charming review, but it still helps. I am yet to concentrate on making full-scale analyses, but I am confident that it will be even better experience.

So, to sum up, it`s fun, it`s easy and it makes our world a better place.

4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I like trying something new, that is not common in my country. Lately I became interested in healthy options and different vegan dishes.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have quite a changing personality, so you can see me: shy and open, energetic and lazy, happy and blue. I think that one should experience the whole spectrum of possibilities in a lifetime.

2018-04-21 12.47.43 1.jpg

Level 6

1. Name: Sunil Bhansali
  2. Location: Dhule Maharashtra India
  3. Age: 53 yrs
  4. Qualification: bachelor in mechanical engineering
  5. What I love about being a Local Guide: Google has my life easy. What I'm giving back to our society through Google is very little. I like to reach out to make Life easy for every family. I'm also in to a number of philanthropic activities. My aim in life is self realisation .  I want to leave this world better than what I found it.
  6. My favorite cuisine to explore: all vegetarian delicacies and naturopathic foods.
  7. Fun Fact about me: I'm jolly and like people around me to smile and laugh. I like to share jokes and pass vitty comments which relaxes people around me.
Level 5

here we go

1. Name: Barbara
  2. Location: Vienna, Austria
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being able to share my experiences for all kinds of places, I especially love to give great reviews (as long as I feel so) and to see that my city is getting every time more accessible and up to date. 
  4. I love to share:  Experience!! Feelings of the places I visit and fun but hidden facts about my city
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: The email google sent me  🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My tongue can touch the tip of my nose

Servus, Barbara

Level 6

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Gustavo Osuna

2. Location: Mazatlán, México

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Since i´m a local guide i go to more places that before to share my experience and to taste new food, i love when the pictures get a lot of views, that means there are useful to others. 

I love to get permission behind the counter or even inside the kitchen in some places when i explained where i´m going to post the pictures i´m taking.

Thanks to local guides i found out that i like to eat octopus but i have not been eating it the right way, this happened one time i went to a restaurant that i have visited before and request a dish but without the octopus and one of the managers ask me why i didn´t like it, and bring me some in a plate, then i give it a try and i just could believe how delicious it was, i´m more open to taste thing since that day.

4. I love to share:  I love to share photos of tasty looking food and from historical places and old buildings

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: in google Maps.

6. Fun Fact About Me:  i love to take long walks and get lost in big cities. I have a blog about my hometown and many people close to me (even family) doesn't  know i write it. I like to collect coffee mugs but i don´t drink that much coffee. 

Level 10

Friendly greetings from Bengkulu,

1. Name: Adriansyah Putera (Adrian)
2. Location: Bengkulu, Indonesia
3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I can help many people out there especially independent travelers through my contributions. For me, driven by the desire to help those who depend on Google Maps, being a Local Guide is an invaluable contribution. Helping just one person is worth it, but over a long and helpful contribution, I have the chance to help thousands of people.
4. I love to share: I'm happy to share my photos, knowledge and travel experiences from both good and bad places that I have visited. I also love adding new places, photos, checking the facts and uncovering missing information from places that I have visited.
5. How did I hear about Local Guides: through Google Maps.
6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography, nature walk and writing. The five words that describe me the best are: patient, dedicated, parent, social and simple.

Cheers,
Adrian

Mt. Kaba hike by Adriansyah PuteraMt. Kaba hike by Adriansyah Putera

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 7

Hi everyone !

Name: Kateryna

19420697_10158875973550313_7286819862271054649_n.jpg

What I love about being a Local Guide: Like all travelers and local guides, I like to share my experience.

When I travel  anywhere or go to the new restaurant  I read google map reviews.

I started to be a local guide, because i like to do good things,  to share experience , photos and reviews with others.

Hope this will help people to find what they really want: to find good cafes, restaurants , hotels ....or just a tasty cake  🙂

If i drink fantastic coffee or eat great salad - I take pictures for a google local guides, because it fun and  helpful!

My favorite cuisine to explore: I like to eat healthy food. Most of all I prefer sea food, salads, asian food and coffee .

I love coffee so much 🙂 I  like to try different cuisine in different countries, to find new tastes.

Fun Fact about me:

I work a web developer, I was a founder of Internet of Things startup in the past. Now I'm writing lectures  & do presentations about future technologies. Sometimes, I mentor other startups. I'm fond of technologies, robots  and drones 🙂

I’m a local guide in Kyiv, but I travel a lot so i do Google Maps reviews all over the world.

Kate Stetsenko
Level 7

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-30 at 23.17.32.jpeg

Name: Piyush Pradhan

Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India — though I’m originally from Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.

What I love about being a Local Guide:
It kind of feels good when you discover a place or a information which could be useful for the citizen's of the world just like modern explorers with digital maps and compass! Being a local guide helps me to share my knowledge about a place and thereby making the experiences of people like us more hassle-free.

My favorite thing to explore:
Different cultures and places. The world is one big family and getting to know each and every member of it, their view on how this world functions, kind of makes life more meaningful.

My favorite cuisine to explore:
Food is my favorite "F" word. You’ll find me searching this mortal realm for it! I love spicy foods, but this does not keep me from trying out the different cuisines out there. I scout different places to understand the way a culture-specific cuisine is made, try and add my own style, after all, we live to eat!

Fun Fact about me:
A Sleepless elite, an adrenaline junkie cum trekker, and a wallflower, so I go on to different places to have all sorts of experiences. Meditating in the Himalayas to diving in ice cold water. I am kind of Indiana Jones meets Yoda but the younger version who can paint and sketch. I try to capture the world around me so that others can see the things that are hidden in plain sight.

Level 5

1. Name: Brito
  2. Location: Kerala, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Google reviews have helped me a lot while choosing a best spot from a myriad of choices. It's somebody's experience helped others to taste the similar feeling. It is a joy I could help someone, mostly an unknown person. Also, there's a satisfaction when google notifies my review has set new records.
  4. I love to share:  Mostly everything.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A search how I receive an ocean of local information ended up being myself a local guide.