Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Hello, I'm a traveller from Argentina

EthiopiaEthiopia

1. Name: Lucas
  2. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a traveler, I have been in more than 40 countries around the world and I have known incredible places and cultures. Also, I love sharing my photos and travel stories. Years ago I shared my stories in forums, then I created my own travel blog and now I share my photos and tips on Google Maps.
  4. I love to share:  Stories, photos and tips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A newsletter.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My friends laugh because whenever we go to dinner, I first take pictures of the place and the dishes to upload them to Google Maps, before I start eating.
Level 6

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Photo take place at Panam city, Sonargaon in BangladeshPhoto take place at Panam city, Sonargaon in Bangladesh

Hello all,

i'm new in connect, Here is my bio...

Name: Md. Nayeem Hossain.

About Myself: In personal life I am student and doing a part-time job in Dhaka, Bangladesh. There are three members in our family (Me, my mother & younger brother).

What I love about being a Local Guide: Maximum time I am busy with my job and family. Most interestingly about me, my family and friends somehow dependent on Google either they need to find a location, or may be a place to visit, rating on any vacation place. They are always asking me for suggestions on where to bring out-of-towners, the perfect first date spot, where to host an event, the best place to volunteer, and more. Being a Local Guide allows me to share these same suggestions with people like you all around the world.

My favorite cuisine to explore: I’m always loved to explore new place, country, and people. I love to eat spicy foods, sweets, veggies, and some of my own recipe.

Fun Fact about me: In my previous role, I helped my best friend using Google map. I was involved with the photos and memorabilia that decorate the area.

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Picture 88.jpg

1. Name: Patricia Chiesa
  2. LocationLima, PERU
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: 

First: To help local citizens and foreigners who want to visit my city, sharing my good and bad experiences.

Second: I love my city and I want to help small and new businesses (also the big ones), giving them constructive suggestions.

Third: I love photographing everything!

Fourth: I have a lot of fun sharing my experiences, my opinions and my pictures!

4. My favorite cuisine to explore: According to experts, Peruvian gastronomy is increasingly positioned in the world, which opens new opportunities for the export of native products, as well as to publicize culinary traditions and continue to innovate fusion cuisine.

I am very excited to just think about being in San Francisco, I would love to go to meet people like me, ordinary citizens who share the pleasure of contributing to the community, and make our city better known with Google Maps that helps us to help.

Thank you and I hope to see you in person soon, good luck to all of us who are participating!

Level 6

Jeff Halverson.jpg

1. Name: Jeff
  2. LocationAuburn, WA.  Although, my dad was previously in the military, so I was born in Phoenix, AZ, moved to Kansas, then to Langley, VA, back to Phoenix, AZ, then to Bitburg, Germany, then to Feltwell, UK, then Warner Robins, GA, and finally up to Auburn, WA.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to give my own open and honest opinions, and read those given by others.  I'm constantly updating my "Want to go" places on Google Maps based on recommendations by friends, family, coworkers and even strangers.  I love trying out new and exciting places that are either local favorites, or off the beaten path.  I take photos everywhere we go, which sometimes drives my friends and family nuts, but I do it for two reasons 1) I want to document my good and bad experiences for my own purposes, and 2) I want to share my experiences with the world.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I would have to say Thai food.  My wife and I went to Thailand for our honeymoon.  We experienced some of the most amazing and authentic Thai food there, and even took a cooking class to learn how to properly cook our own at home.  Everywhere we went on our honeymoon, we would rate curries, Pad Thai, and Coconut Mango Sticky rice at every restaurant.  To this day, we still use that rating guide and say, "it's not quite as good as..."
  5. Fun Fact about me:  I am obsessed with Chick-fil-A.  I had the opportunity to meet the founder at the Headquarters in Atlanta in 1996, when he signed his book for me.  When we moved from Atlanta, there were no Chick-fil-A restaurants in the Pacific Northwest, except for a Chick-fil-A Express on the Western Washington University Campus in Bellingham, WA.  The first required stop on my Bachelor Party to Whistler, BC was to that CFA Express in Bellingham, where they made me my own congratulatory nametag.  I have participated in the First 100 Contest at the Grand Openings for two Chick-fil-A restaurants in Washington State since then.  Each time, I have camped out for 24 hours in the parking lot and I have won "a year's worth of free Chick-fil-A" (which is 52 Number 1 combos).
Level 8

1. Name: Adam
  2. Location: New Haven, CT
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love taking photos and sharing them with the world.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I enjoy taking long drives and finding places in rural areas and adding their first pictures to try and help them out and let others know that small businesses and restaurants have a lot to offer, so I guess my favorite cuisine is "off the beaten path"
  5. Fun Fact about me: I'm a mod on the Local Guides subreddit and I have two pictures over 1,000,000 views. 
Level 6

Hi everyone 🙂

It is my pleasure being with you today 🙈

Don't Give up :)Don't Give up 🙂

1. Name: Ahmed

2. Location: Alexandria, Egypt

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a local guide for many things, for a starter, I love helping people a lot, it is even part of my job as a teaching assistant. Second, I want to map everything in order to help others find the stuff they want, as for me I have been in some situations when I searched Google Maps and didn't find the store I was looking for because no one added it! Third, I love boosting the really good stores for people to come and visit, it is kinda karma for being a good business holder.  It is really a good thing to keep the "give back" principle in your mind without any benefits except for the good spirit of helping others 🙂 Plus I want to help people to keep exploring new places and traveling around!

My involvements were about attending the local meet-ups, replying to people's questions on particular places, and I really love adding photos to the places I have visited. I also add new places and suggest edits for years now. I love answering the random questions about places so I can enhance Google Maps experience, especially for people with disabilities, I might be making a difference even if it is small 🙂 

I have the charisma of helping, I am helping people on StackOverflow, SubScene, Reddit, my personal blog,... That is why the Local Guide program is an important part of me for years now 🙂

4. Traveling Style: I have a different style of traveling, I like to travel on the backpacker style, so I have developed a pack to take always with me, it contains Google Maps, Translate, and Trips. With their offline feature, I was able to walk through a country and its cities without speaking its native language and I had fun all the time, I even posted about it and many other now are following my steps on a group called Travellers Experience, the post is with 1.3k reactions, 700 comments and it is counting up 😉 I really like the adventure and to try new things, I like traveling all the time, I have almost finished every place in Egypt, that is why I am now going to other countries and visit most of their cities to explore their culture, and of course adding photos and reviews to Google Maps!

5. My favorite cuisine to explore: I like to try new food too, I remember trying some Indian spicy food for the first time, that was extraordinary time and hurtful at the beginning 😂 I really like Spicy and Sushi cuisine!

6. Fun Facts about me: Some fun facts might be that my photos reached a new record on Google with about 300,000 views, one of my reviews saw 110 times in less than a month, and In a single month, I have visited 2 countries, 12 cities, and 217 new places. I would finalize the fun facts with that I am almost 175,000 mi to the moon XD Another fun fact would be from the last trip I have walked about 35 km with the backpack of weight 13 kg, I was kinda lost in a country that doesn't speak either English or Arabic, but my pack saved me that day! XD

Keep laughing all the time ;)Keep laughing all the time 😉My favorite Sushi!My favorite Sushi!

It is time to say goodbye my good friends, and I really hope to meet you ^_^

Over the skies!Over the skies! 

Bye Bye 🙈 

Level 7

1. Name: Cesar
  2. Location: Lima - Peru
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Everything! I've been a Google Mapmaker active user, I like to improve the map, interact and contribute... Also help and share information wiht anyone who needs it.
  4. I love to share: everything, I mean experinces, information, pics, etc... And Local Guides allows do it!!!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After the sad notice of the ending of map maker ... I received a mail
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm a self admitted computer/internet geek, I like to test anyhing and if I can, improve it
Level 5

HI, can you help me please ? i  want to know how can i get a wright link to submit on san francisco event ?

Level 6

1. Name: Rob(bie)
  2. Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Before LocalGuidesConnect: Having a robust tool (Google Maps) to enable my exploration. After LocalGuidesConnect: Having the community of guides to explore with - experiences are best shared!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore:  Whatever is local and delicious. In any new place I research the food culture and do as the locals. For example, Beef on Weck sandwiches in Buffalo NY - I’ve tried many and saved the locations of more. Or, Carribean food in Brooklyn NY - I’m also saving the best spots for a pattie. I could go on...
  5. Fun Fact about me: Before moving to NYC, I lived on a mountaintop! I was field instructor and logistics manager for environmental NGO The Mountain Institute. During my two years at their remote mountaintop facility, I explored the landscape in much the same way I explore NYC now - seizing every day to find unique and beautiful places! As winter caretaker, I endured an entire winter snowed in, by myself (with the photos and journal to prove it)!
Level 7

Hello Local Guides! I am very pleased to be a part of such an amazing community and can not wait to help contribute to discussions as well we create them!

To start, let me introduce myself:

Hiking in the Big Muddy BadlandsHiking in the Big Muddy Badlands 

1. Name: Kayla
  2. Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I absolutely love being able to share my experiences by adding detailed reviews of places that I have visited and add current photos for people to look at so they know what to expect when they get there. I am glad I am able to contribute and make a difference on Google for all of its' users.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I don't really like to explore a specific type of cuisine, I like to explore all different kinds and try a wide variety of. My most recent favourite was Indian Food and I tried the butter chicken! It was absolutely fabulous!
  5. Fun Fact about me: Since joining Google Local Guides in December of 2017, I currently have 27,442 views on my uploaded photos and 12,211 views on my reviews! I cannot wait to contribute more.

Happy Guiding! 😃