cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Markus
  2. LocationSouth Tangerang, Banten - Indonesia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: By being a Google Local Guide, I can share information (although sometimes opinionated) on places in the form of pictures, videos, and text with other internet users and I can definitely use my creativity while doing so. Not to mention the fact that Local Guide is from Google and most people in the world know and use Google. I also like the privilege to enjoy occasional treats like discount on hotels, tickets, etc.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I haven't decided my favorite yet because I have not traveled enough, I tend to be more into spicy foods and sweet drinks though.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've been a long time PC-gamer but I always find hanging out with friends by far more entertaining and fun.

mark.jpg

Level 8

Hi Nabeel! It's nice to see a post from someone who is also new and making an introduction in the city next door to mine 😀😎

Level 4

1. Name: Sammy
  2. LocationTarkwa, Ghana
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to help people explore places and being a local guide enables me to share the fun and exciting places I know with the world.
  4. My favorite places to explore:The places I love to explore include schools, hotels and beaches.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love software programming, picture designing, reading, watching football and helping people decide where to visit.From left to right: Edmond, Me and  Gartey at UMaT auditoriumFrom left to right: Edmond, Me and Gartey at UMaT auditorium

Level 6

Hello Google! 
  1. Name: Pasztor Miklos
  2. Location: Tapolca, Hungary
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like taking pictures about nice places, and the nature. I hope my opinions can help to the people.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share pictures
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I use Google Map and it is suggested for me.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: ---
Level 7

Hello from Dubai Flâneur

Picture.jpgHi Everybody at Local Guides Connect!

I am Ishani. I have been living in Dubai for past 10 years and I simply love it. I am an Environmentalist by profession.

I love travelling, exploring new places and meeting new people. Capturing moments in my camera is my passion. My favourite holiday destination is Italy and love the cuisine as well.

Capturing the specialty and uniqueness of each and every places had been my driving force to start with Google Maps. Being a Local Guide I love to depict the place and its experience through my reviews and photos.

I hope to connect with you all : )

Level 7

Hello, world!

I'd like to introduce myself here 🙂

1. Name: Juliana
  2. Location: I'm currently living in London, UK, but I was born and grew up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I became a Local Guide in 2016 and since then contributing to Google Maps has become a hobby to me. I love exploring new places when I travel and being able to share the experience with everyone and I find very helpful to read other guides' opinion before choosing a place to eat or visit.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love all kinds of cuisines from around the world - as long as they are vegetarian! Being vegetarian for the past 10 years I saw a lot of change the eating out experience as a whole. Certainly restaurants have adapted to receive veggie customers, but not only that, with apps like Google Maps it became much easier finding a place with options for me!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I highly value the aesthetics of the places I visit and I try to take quality photos whenever I write a review. So recently I was happy to learn that I've just reached over 4,600,000 photo views. 🙂
Level 6

Greetings, fellow local guides around the world. Allow me to introduce myself.

1. Name: Ying-wen Li 
  2. Nationality: Taiwan
  3. Residence: Taiwan
  4. What I live about being a local guide: I relish great dining experiences, whether eating by myself or hanging out with friends. So it is just reasonable that I become a local guide: so that I can contribute to the neighborhood. Life is too short to be wasted on terrible dining experience, so through my sharing and recommendation, I wish to make it easier for people to find a great restaurant and enjoy their time there.
  5. My favorite cuisine: We are very fortunate in Taiwan because we can find amazing cuisines from almost every country in the world, so I truly cherish the opportunities given and am always looking for something new.
  6. Fun facts about me: I am a school teacher, and in my leisure time I do bodybuilding and Taichi, not at the same time, of course. At fist glance, bodybuilding and Taichi seem to be of opposing philosophy, but both focus on the constant conversation with oneself, and both make you healthier!
Level 5

Imitate the statue in Stockholm, Sweden.Imitate the statue in Stockholm, Sweden.

1. Name: Angelica (Hsin-Ting) Lo
  2. Location: Chung-li, Taoyuan, city Taiwan — Right down of Taipei city. 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: When you see good things, you will always like to share with your friends, local guide for me is actually the same concept, I hope every one who get interested in some restaurants or spots can have the opportunity to know what people commented about this place first and know some tips if they also plan to visit. When people enjoy the place with my little help, I feel so happy!! Also, people can avoid some bad places if I share my unsatisfied opinion right after I visit, this makes me feel very good and accomplished.   
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: You may or may not know that Taiwan is full of various food due to it's history and background. Besides Chinese cuisine, I also enjoy Korean, Japanese, Italian, Thai, Mexican ..... food. Every new-open restaurant near my house, I will go visit and try it! So if there's any favorite one need me to pick, it will be so difficult for me so I couldn't give out an answer- it will be more than one cuisine for sure. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: I got lazy easily but never feel tired for eating, it's easy to find me at delicious restaurant. And I like to interacted with places I went, lots of funny pics inside my smartphone.
Level 4

Introduction

Good day everyone. I am Oluka Valentine Ikechukwu, a local guide from Nigeria. A tech freak that loves to explore. I love adventure and travelling as well. I am a mechanical engineer by profession. 

Married to my dream woman, A doctorate degree holder in soil science. No kids yet.

I am yet to meet any local guide here in Nigeria and will be willing to. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel guilty for this photo, but racoons are cutiesI feel guilty for this photo, but racoons are cuties

• Name: Kirill
  • LocationSt.Petersburg, Russia
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: I live active lifestyle full of movement, I travel a lot and I'm a Superhost at Airbnb, so I constantly involved in navigation through my home city and many others. Local guides is a great source of information for every of those points. I feel excited and satisfied knowing that I contribute to this and that I'm probably helping others to maintain their productivity too.
  • My favorite cuisine to explore: I'm a cheese maniac and currently I learn to understand wines. I love Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food, recently I was introduced to a place called Nur in NYC, which has absolutely astonishing dishes. Also I'm a big fan to guacamole and indian spiced food. 
  • Fun Fact about me: I like to spend time in the mountains, especially when it's high, like Mauna Kea Observatories, but I very quickly fall asleep at a heights above 8,000 ft.Mauna Kea summitMauna Kea summit