Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Name: Samar 

2017-01-15 23.45.39.jpg

Why I'm a Local guide : my friends know me as Selfie-Sam, I love taking pictures everywhere I go, I like sharing my culinary experiences and I'm most fond of getting souvenirs, as a google local guide, I'm able to share that love of travel with other people, and help others to discover that in themselves, because it is worth it and it's amazing what travelling can teach you as a person from another culture and as a human being. Making the world a little better is what we do here. 

What I like doing besides taking pictures and travelling: I love learning new languages! I can speak Arabic, French, English, Italian, a little bit German, and Romanian. To me, languages and food are a window to a new culture and the first impression that you take from people.

That's mostly it! 

Level 7

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

1.jpg  

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Dmitry or Dima (short name)
  2. Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to discover new places and new people both inside my country and abroad. I believe that if you get something is useful, you definitely need something useful to give. That is why I decided to become a Local Guide in order to facilitate trip to travelers.
  4. I love to share:  I like to share my impressions of all the new places I visit.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used Google Maps a lot and I was wondering how the reviews and ratings of different places get there. That's how I found out about the Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: As it is with a friend we sat later that evening in his kitchen and talked on Skype with our school friend, who is currently working in Vietnam. During the conversation, we made a spontaneous decision - to fly to visit him in Hanoi right now. Fly of course far (about 10 hours), but do not need a visa... And we have even started to issue plane tickets, but when filling out the form you need to enter the details of the passport... we started looking for our passports... looked for them about half an hour... and then remembered that our passports are at the Consulate on the Schengen visa... thus ended before it began, our spontaneous trip to Vietnam)))
Level 5

Hello Happy people! Its me 

Collin Oryem.jpg

1. Name: Oryem
  2. LocationGulu , Uganda 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I’m  looking forward to putting a smile in the face of people who travels and love photography . A smile makes me say Yes ..., have made it .. Being a Local Guide allows me to show tourist what exist in our country and all places i do visit elsewhere. I also love to share experiences with happy people like the Local Guide in places across borders and also doing cool things that matters is most impressive to me.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Wow , You’ll find me happily eating  Pan Cakes at least twice a week because its sweet and readily available! I love spicy and tasty foods like Okra and dry fish fired with Royco Muchizi Mix Sound cool, eh then come to Uganda and feel the different dishes. I’ve also found that the Ugandan dishes are fantastic and easily adaptable to good food like Pizzas.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Am very passionate about technology and belief we can innovate the best solutions to world problems when exposed to a cool clear green and flourishing environment with nice foods and aroma. I helped my University go Google by creating and registering over 1200 student on these Googleapp for education domain, must.ac.ug and stud.must.ac.ug. I was involved in training 30 Google Mappers and speeding the process of putting Mbarara University of Science and Technology and Mary Hill High School on Google Map,all places where have worked are getting onto Google Maps. Mapping is fun and this made to gained the recognition as a distinguish Google Map Maker. I love Mapping.
  6. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Google Mapper, Local Guide in 2012 till now .
  7. Fun Fact About Me: Honest, truthfulness and passionate about technology.
  8. Appreciation: I would like to thank all the Local guide for the awesome work they are doing allover the world. Lets share the experience of the good work we are doing , come October 2018. Cheers!
Level 6

Hi @Nmato.....lovely pictures. You're welcome. 

Level 8

Introduce myself

Hello and Namaste,

I am Aavas Kunwar, a Google Local guide from Kathmandu, Nepal.

Personally I find google maps very fascinating. To be able to view the streets and the location prior visiting the actual place is kind of good thing. We will be up-to-date with the information like what is really like there and where to go and find what we are looking for can sometimes be quite handy. I've used google maps on various occasions for the same and it has helped me a lot. In the similar manner I want google maps to be more up-to-date with the actual information which is the reason why I'm contributing to Google Maps and will do the same in the future as well.

I don't like to boast I did this and that but I've been quite active in the Local Guide community since the day I found about it. I've been updating what needs to be updated on Google Maps about my areas and have been participating in the Local Guides community events which are being organized by the Nepalese members of Local Guides community.

I love to explore new areas and meet new people. And if I'm able to attend this year's Local Guides Connect Live event then I would be able to do the same. I expect to make some new friends and learn some new things which may help me to improve my skills to contribute more in the Local Guides community

Level 5

Amazing to be a local guide

Name Shalinder Singh Sidhu

2017-11-19-11-27-10.jpg

Why I become a local guide?

I am fond of photography and I clicked lots of photos in my life once a day I uploaded some photos to google Panoramio and I got a great response from all around the world so I started uploading my all captured photos to google map and also on google Panoramio.  Actually, my first photo reviews are just awesome which makes a local guide.Whenever anybody helped by my photos I feel satisfied.I try my best to upload great photos where I will go and also I will provide correct information to people.Thanks to google for giving me this position.

My passion: I am a painter and also a photographer. When the internet and other things like cameras were out of reach of a normal people at that time I made paintings but when cameras and internet become accessible easily I bought a point and shot camera and become a photographer and a local guide.I learned several things and but I am still not perfect and I want to learn more.

Shalinder Singh
Level 6

MeMe

City of the hustlers, Lagos, NigeriaCity of the hustlers, Lagos, Nigeria

Hello world!

Hello fellow visionary Local guides helping millions to navigate the world. 

Hello world 

Name: Umar Aderibigbe 

Location: Lagos, Nigeria— though I'm from Saki, Oyo state. I came to Lagos to hustle for a better life in the city. 

What I love about being a Local Guide:
"A candle looses nothing by lighting others". I believe becoming a Local Guide is a service to humanity. Passionate about helping people, I find pleasure in helping millions of Nigerians navigate and explore the beautiful country. I also love to meet new people, explore new places and share with others. This is why I love being a Local Guide as it gives me the opportunity to share what I love doing most while also benefiting others. 

I am motivated to make a difference!

I love to share: As a hardworking lagosian, we love to relax at cool spots after the week's work. I love to explore restaurants, new places and most especially shortcuts to beat the heavy Lagos traffic. I love to share photos of places I hangout, review places I visit and answer questions about those places to assist others make a choice. I also like to answer wheelchair related questions to help the physically disabled in my community. 

How did I hear about Local Guides: I have been using the Google Maps for several years without an idea of the Local Guides. It all happened in 2017 when I got a promotional email requesting me to join and contribute. I thought to myself, I have been benefitting from other people's contributions all along, hence I wanted to make a difference too. 

Fun Fact about me: Passionate about assisting people, I have over 6 years' experience serving my community through volunteerism. I love driving, traveling, meeting new people and exploring new places. I enjoy writing at my leisure and playing football. 
Level 6

20170506_123426.jpg

Level 6

Local Guide

Hello 

I am Saiful form Bangladesh. I am local guide level 6 contributor. I like to visit new place discover the new natural beauties around the world.