Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

My CaravanMy Caravan

My CaravanMy Caravan

Hello everyone, How are you today?

INTRODUCTION

I'm Vivek, 31, and have just achieved a level 6 position on the local guides.

Locale: 

I'm from India and I belong to the Northern part of the country, and my birthplace is Kashmir.

I'm a Kashmiri Hindu and suffered migration due to unrest in my state when I was just born in 90's, and since then our community is living as refugees in our own country.

I love to eat homemade food and my favorite game is Cricket, besides that, I like to take pictures and thanks to Google Maps, that respect my pictures.

Education: I have qualified diploma in Electronics and Communication, and I'm pursuing AMIE from "The Institution Of Engineers (India)" in the same subject.

Hobbies: 

I usually travel to remote and untouched locations all over the country and like to explore new areas, I also like to take pictures & Videos of strange places, and thanks to my present job, which allows me to do so.

I usually make use of Google Maps on the go and sometimes I discover such places which are missing from the Google maps.

I likely update Google maps and bring into focus the missing places along with their pictures and detailed reviews, so that the general public may site and get access to such locations, which would otherwise be opaque to them.

Sometimes, I discover errors on the Google Maps, such as missing roads and/or incorrect crucial constructions, which I simply correct and try to keep Google maps up to date, with true information.

Why do I want to join this year's event?

Although I am new to Google maps and there is a lot more to discover. yet, I want to join this year's event because I want to gain experience from experts all over the planet and share my thoughts with them. This will help me to serve Google maps in a much better way. I believe, that such events should be organized every year, so that every deserving local guide may get a chance to share his thoughts face to face. This will definitely clear doubts of many, and this will be a great brainstorming session.

Hope, Google team will call me at the event 2018, and I am so much excited to meet the local guides there.

Thank you,

See you there 🙂

Here are some pics of mine, as displayed below:

Edited with PhotoshopEdited with PhotoshopOdisha, IndiaOdisha, IndiaSnowfall, KashmirSnowfall, Kashmir

Level 6

Nice pics bro

Level 7

Thanks, as I am new to the Connect

Level 7

Me and my experience with Local Guides

Hi guys how are you ? With big pleasure  I introduce myself into this fantastic community .

I’m Daniela and I come from Sardinia. I like to travel and I love good food.

In this last 2 years I worked in Ireland and I had the possibility to visit different places  like Gran Canaries, Lisbon, Paris, Amsterdam  and Thailand.

I visited also many fantastic places in my beautiful island. Because as you know mostly we travel around the world but we don’t know our own place.

One travel that  I remember  on particular, is when I went in Barcelona, the most colorful city I’ve ever seen, to visit absolutely on board of a scooter .

I love my experience as Local Guides and I think it is a fantastic way to share with the people in all part of the world what you think, you feel and you like. As you can see I love to share the pictures of the plates served into the restaurants  and of the places I visit .

So, this is me in some word.

Enjoy your travels

Daniela  

Level 6

Local Guide Connect Live 2018 (LG 2018)

Hey everyone, I am Musa Sapunyu,, from Narok Kenya, ever since I started using Google maps  I quickly learned how important and useful the maps was, I could explore any part of the world on my arm chair, say like search Eiffel tower, or Miss Liberty using 3D and I feel as if I am there.

When Google maps came up with the idea of local guides, it immediately caught my attention, how important it is to add missing places, edit information on existing places, as questions, so far I have been doing that I am at level 6, my photos have over 300,000 views. 

Biggest challenges I have encountered is taking photos of government buildings and others places like hotels and restaurants, this is because of terrorism that the country faced in the past, but with business premises you can explain to the owners and they are always eager to be added, for this reason when buying a phone the first priority is big camera and high memory.

I love it when finally I get an email saying "your edit is live". 

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guide Connect Live 2018 (LG 2018)

Hi @Sid67 A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

I am merging your post in the relevent thread

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 5

@Mukesh20 wrote:

Thanks, as I am new to the Connect

@Mukesh20 welcome in connect

Level 5

Re: Introduction Alexader in Berlin

Hi

Berlin looks awesome.. pictures are wonderful 

Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Name: Hello! My name is Aliyu Hussaini Kwaifa.

Location: I was born in Kaduna, Nigeria. Presently located in New Abuja, Nigeria.

Family: Wife, Son, and five months old Pregnant wife in Abuja.

Profession: I am a Web Designer and SEO Manager, I help business owners grow their business in Nigeria. I am BBA in Accounting from the Islamic University of Ghana.

Google Maps: I Love to visit new locations so that I can add missing places in the Google Map in Ghana and Nigeria especially Abuja. By accident joined Google Maps in 2017 and soon become addicted to it. Day in and Day night I think about Google Maps.Though I have uploaded more than 1,000 pictures on Google Maps but I love Review more than any other activity on Google Maps. I presume, it is my moral responsibility to present a true picture of a location through my reviews in an unbiased manner under no influence. I feel very happy when my picture views touch new heights or when people found my reviews helpful, its give me satisfaction because of which I become more productive on Maps.

My Google Map Review StatsMy Google Map Review Stats

Journey as Local Guide: I love Google Maps and Local Guide Connect and I try my level best to contribute the Most. It is not only a passion but to serve the community because of which I am very much active and addict to Connect and Maps. After becoming a Local Guide, attained one level after another. In a short period of less than 4 months, attain LEVEL 7 Badge in Feb 2018. Helped more than 25 times in providing solution.

Meet Ups Organised & Attended
We just finished exploring #Abuja city to help other in Abuja locate business addresses.  From left to right: Hussaini Kwaifa, Toyosola, Israel, Folarin Femi, and Aidee Udeh (I.D) #LocalGuide #AbujaLocalGuides #NigeriaWe just finished exploring #Abuja city to help other in Abuja locate business addresses. From left to right: Hussaini Kwaifa, Toyosola, Israel, Folarin Femi, and Aidee Udeh (I.D) #LocalGuide #AbujaLocalGuides #Nigeria

Hosted a Meet of Abuja Local Guides (Oct, 2017) and participated in a Photo Meet at Abuja on April 22, 2018 (11 am to 1 PM). The Meet that I organised was participated by  Abuja Local Guide. 

Level 5

1. Name: Timo Zimmer
  2. Location: Saarlouis, Saarland, Germany (born and living)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I like it to share nice places with people all over the world to support them to have good time in their life.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I really love italien food like pizza 🙂 aaaand thai food because of its ingredients like pineapple, coconut, rice and many many tasty spices.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I studied computer science and I like to play comuter games. But I am also a bodybuilder with competition experiences. My favorite music is techno 🐵 So my friends say this combination is a bit extraordinary ^^