brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Phil

Ah Paris ....2. Location: Vientiane Capital of Laos PDR — though I’m originally from Melbourne Australia

3. What is important to me in being a Local Guide: As a Local Guide I often take the time to post to keep people up-to-date of any new places to visit, any to be cautious of and to offer edits to posts to keep them current. As any user of the guide knows ‘current info is vital’ … and individual experiences are invaluable to share as we move from place to place. Photos are a great way of capturing a 1000 words so I post pertinent pics in the locations I visit.. I invite you to keep doing the same and check in to old posts in case they need an update.. keep on guiding …. Phil

4. My favourite locations: You’ll find me in very remote places on a high mountain pass, on a remote river trip or riding a dirt bike or scooter in the backblocks of some exotic location. In a big city I’ll be wandering the ‘old quarters” I am a flâneur “a person who saunters around observing society” often unable to retrace the steps, just wander and observe.

5. Fun Fact about me: I have been travelling since my early 20’s visiting many remote locations, Burma in the early 80’s, Kashmir, Leh, Karakorum highway, remote Laos and Indonesia to name but a few.. I am a volunteer now giving back to the world that has given me so many precious opportunities and experiences. I love pausing with locals in remote villages to immerse myself respectfully in their cultures and hopefully relay those experiences through being a Local Guide with Google.

Level 5

Don't you wish you were here!Don't you wish you were here!  Name: Kawesa Alan            Location: Originally from Entebbe, Uganda. Now living in Nairobi, Kenya

How did I hear About Local Guides: I have always been uploading pictures and writing reviews of places on Maps and earning points. One day I went out hiking and met someone at Paradise Lost. He told me he had seen several pictures of a place I had reviewed. I had given a review on how to enjoy a hike around the place on a budget. This compelled to search for a community of like-minded people.

What I love About Local Guides: Being new to Nairobi; I got to learn the entire city through what other Local Guides contributed. Now I have learnt so many parts of the city and the country; I get to show people through my experiences. I love it when people get a first time experience of a place through my 1st person view experience. I once went to through heavy traffic to a place that had changed location but no one had bothered to change it on Maps. When I went to the right place the next day, I took a picture and uploaded it on maps. That picture has had over 5000 views now. It makes me think those people could have gone through the same time wasting experience I went through had I not changed to the right location.

My Favorite Cuisine:

Rolex: Not the watch!Rolex: Not the watch!Chapati, eggs and vegetables. This is typical Ugandan street food. They say you haven't been to Uganda if you did not have a rolex.

Fun Fact About Me: I have gone hiking to 10 different waterfalls in Uganda and Kenya. I can speak Chinese. I remember a time I went hiking in Karura Forest and a bunch of Chinese guys found a cave but did not know the story about it. It's a pre-historic site with lots of bats. Maybe that's where the first Batman came from!

Level 10

Re: My Local guide experience

Hi @eeealamin

Great Post!

Have you posted 1-Minute Video ? please share a link!

good luck for Connect Live!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 6

1. Name: Phil
  2. Phil.png
  3. Location: Vientiane Capital of Laos PDR — though I’m originally from Melbourne Australia
  4. What is important to me in being a Local Guide:  As a Local Guide I often take the time to post to keep people up-to-date of any new places to visit, any to be cautious of and to offer edits to posts to keep them current. As any user of the guide knows ‘current info is vital’ … and individual experiences are invaluable to share as we move from place to place. Photos are a great way of capturing a 1000 words so I post pertinent pics in the locations I visit..  I invite you to keep doing the same and check in to old posts in case they need an update.. #LocalGuide keep on guiding …. Phil
  5. My favourite locations: You’ll find me in very remote places on a high mountain pass, on a remote river trip or riding a dirt bike or scooter in the backblocks of some exotic location. In a big city I’ll be wandering the ‘old quarters” I am a flâneur “a person who saunters around observing society” often unable to retrace the steps, just wander and observe.
  6. Fun Fact about me: I have been travelling since my early 20’s visiting many remote locations, Burma in the early 80’s, Kashmir, Leh, Karakorum highway, remote Laos and Indonesia to name but a few.. I am a volunteer now giving back to the world that has given me so many precious opportunities and experiences. I love pausing with locals in remote villages to immerse myself respectfully in their cultures and hopefully relay those experiences through being a Local Guide with Google.
Connect Moderator

Hello,

As your post is not an inquiry about how to map, I will move your post to the more appropriate sub-forum. This should help to get it proper exposure while also keeping the Mapping sub-forum on topic. Please ensure that each post you make is both appropriate for Local Guides Connect and in the correct sub-forum.

I see that this is one of your first posts. As a new user of Local Guides Connect, please do read over the core values of Connect.  I'll also point you to some great tips for using Connect.   You can also consider introducing yourself to the forum by posting in this month's introduction thread.  I look forward to reading your future contributions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

Hello @iDepp,

Please be aware that the Location feature is to mark the location of the subject of the thread.  It is not intended to mark the location of people participating in the thread.  In this case, since the author of the thread has posted about Bangladesh, that is the only place that should be marked on the map.

Thank you for being welcoming of a new forum member.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Thanks! Happy to be there

Level 10

Hello @Badruddeen 

You too, Great Sunset and Desert 🙂

Many thanks and Best Regards,

BUBU1

Level 7

Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to be part of Google's local guides community. I've been here for a long time now and I just got to know about this community and I'm here.

SonuverseSonuverse

1. Name: Mohammed Khaja Pasha, (Preferred name: Sonu)
  2. Location: Hyderabad, Telangana.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am an avid roamer, I love moving to places and explore things all over the city and love taking pictures. Google's local guide allows me to share my perspective of the cities and places I visit with the world. And also complements me with little shots of dopamine with its feedback on how people reacted to my pictures/reviews
  4. My favorite cuisine to exploreI love food to the core but yet I wouldnt have an answer if you ask me what I wanna eat. I just go out there, make a random pick from menu and enjoy it to the core.
  5. Fun fact about me: I am a science enthusiast I love bringing in science into things as I speak. I might be wrong at times but being wrong means I get to learn something new. I am really good at grasping things, always excited to tryout things and meet people (though I am an introvert)
  6. How to lure me: well, I am also a movie buff, call me out for a movie or night over for binge watching any shows (Especially comic book movies/shows) I am all in.
Level 5

Hi @Hoshika

My name is Fabianus, 

They calls me omfabblam. I'm a Namibian citizen. 

I like meeting new people, and I like technology. I like to face new challenges. If I could have free time I would go to every corner of the world. 

I like sport, traveling and internet browsing. I don't have nice photo's as I'm using a new device. Thanks