brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1.  Name: Lisa
  2. Location: Lake Carmel, NY, USA — originally from Sunnyside (Queens), NY.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love where I live and I love to travel. I appreciate a local's perspective when I visit new places, so I want to return the favor and share the best of the best that Putnam County, NY has to offer. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Basically anything that is crunchy -- from buttered toast to taco salads, I'm in!
  5. For fun: I love community theater and exploring nature with my dog, Mini. There are terrific lakes, biking, and hiking destinations here, like Wonder Lake State Park, Nimham Mountain, Fahnestock State Park, and Tilly Foster Farm, to name a few.
Level 8

No Day, No Night without Google Local Guides

1. Name: Abhinav Sharma
  2. Location: Moscow, Russia- though I'm originally from Uttar Pradesh, India.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I work as a secretary of International Students' Association at Higher School of Economics- National Research University, Moscow, I am always surrounded by people from different countries. Local Guides is always a big support to me. I love to contribute my experiences of visiting places to enhance visitors' excitement by uploading good photos and write reviews of the places. It allows me to do 24*7 volunteering from any part of the world that gives me wonderful feeling after helping others. Especially I am always in search of open fitness and sports areas, label/star such places for myself and upload photos, submit reviews for others to encourage them for their good health and fitness. The most amazing part "IT'S ALWAYS FREE". 
  4.  Experience with Local Guides: A couple of weeks ago, in March, I decided to visit an English cinema '35 mm' with my girlfriend in Moscow. After traveling 50 minutes following Google map, when we reached there, we found that it was permanently closed 2 months ago. We got very disappointed and at the same moment, I submitted my review on Local Guides(it took 3 minutes), so that other couples should not waste time in future. My review was so effective that on the next day it was written on Google maps, it has been "permanently closed". It is one of my latest experience with local guides. There are many interesting real-life moments during my journey with Local guides and I hope one day I will get a real opportunity to share those memories at the event of Google.
  5. Interests and Hobbies: Traveling, Making connections with international people, Fitness, Sports, Running, Volunteering, Management, Economics, Events, Conferences, Festivals, Concerts, Music, Dance.IMG_7152.JPG

Instagram: @abhiraj15

Facebook: @abhimoscow

Twitter: @abhi_bachelor

Level 6

Re: Introduce myself: Niclas Hermansson

Great picture. Welcome to Local Guides

Level 2

Thank you, Niclas!  I hope all is well 🙂

Level 5

Hi, my name is Bea. I’m a Local Guide Level 5.

I live in Atlanta,GA and will actually be moving to the San Francisco Bay Area pretty soon. 

Fun Fact about me: I’m Haitian (Caribbean) so I love to try new food.

What I like about Local Guides & Why I’ve chosen to become one: The fact there is a community of people watching your back. What do I mean? Much like YouTube, before purchasing a product (but in this case, going to a place), you’re able to check out people’s opinions. When writing reviews,the key is to not bash anyone or any business;it’s telling your honest view of your experience and giving others an opportunity to decipher whether or not they want to attempt to have that same experience.

Level 9

Thanks! I t was made by the professional photographer.

ivo9
Level 10

Hi @BEAutifulRevelatio

Welcome to Local Guides Connect community, which is called Connect!. It's always nice to meet new people here.

Since you are new on the Community,

Please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 7

1. Name: Richmond (nickname: Richeri)
  2. Location:  Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria — though I’m originally from Benin City in Edo State, South-South Nigeria.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to explore new places and have strong interest in history. So, my friends and family usually ask me questions about people and places, particularly in Nigeria. Whenever I visit new places, I share my experience with them. This has elicited more questions and enquiries from them on where they could spend holidays, outings, picnics, dating-spots, what gifts and artefacts to buy for their loved one, the best places to wine and dine, locations for social events amongst others. As a Local Guide, I am able to share my experience and provide suggestions to these people and many other persons across the globe. I enjoy every bit of exploring my world and helping others learn about same and in making their choices.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love to eat traditional dishes of the people of the place I visit. Apart from the cuisine of the local people in Nigeria, I also find Indian and Chinese cuisines exceptionally attractive and enjoyable. So, I will be happy to explore the cuisine of my host community. RichmondRichmond
  5. Fun Fact about me: I like to keep antiques and records of places. So, I usually take pictures and memorabilia which I share with people. So far, my photos have close to 10,000 views, and my contributions have assisted considerable number of persons.
Level 5

@XanderO How do I apply for Connect Live? I clicked apply on the website but it sends me to the app

Connect Moderator

Re: No Day, No Night without Google Local Guides

Hello,

As your post is not an inquiry about how to map, I will move your post to the more appropriate sub-forum. This should help to get it proper exposure while also keeping the Mapping sub-forum on topic. Please ensure that each post you make is both appropriate for Local Guides Connect and in the correct sub-forum.

I see that this is one of your first posts. As a new user of Local Guides Connect, please do read over the core values of Connect.  I'll also point you to some great tips for using Connect.   You can also consider introducing yourself to the forum by posting in this month's introduction thread.  I look forward to reading your future contributions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages