brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi all!

Before introducing myself, I would like you to know that I am new into local guides. I think that local guides is a pretty awesome way to share information of almost any single point on a map. I am really excited about learning how more expert local guides share information and I am contributing with it as much as I can. Now, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Juan Manuel
  2. LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  3. Primary Language: Spanish
  4. Hobbies: I am into running. Even though I am not even close to be an athlete or professional runner I really enjoy training and running up to half marathons. Hopefully, I will run a full marathon soon!
  5. What I like about being a Local Guide: Well, I have already talked a little bit about it. But I would say that the most powerful tool about local guides is the ability to provide specific information about a place. There are plenty of particular requirements that may not be easy to find but, with local guides, you can even get an answer to a really particular question in a very short period of time. I think this feature is amazing!

IMG_20180423_095754.jpg

Level 8

David Wortley - Me !!David Wortley - Me !!

1. Name: Dave
  2. LocationAlderton, Northants, United Kingdom — though I’m originally from Boston, Lincolnshire, UK.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide helps me to share some of the fantastic places, people and experiences I have been lucky enough to have during my lifetime. I have a long standing passion for photography and video making and, for the last year, I have been exploring the potential of 360 degree video, images, sounds and storytelling to make this passion accessible to others around the world.
  4. My favorite places to explore: I love beautiful countryside and heritage so any places which combine both attract me like a magnet. I had a fantastic steam railway trip to the Harz Mountains in Germany where I was able to use my drone, 360 degree and 3D cameras to capture and share the beautiful winter scenes. Closer to home, I love local museums which include the National Museum of Computing (which has the oldest working digital computer in the world) and Bletchley Park (Home of the wartime codebreakers)
  5. Fun Facts about me: I have (as Shakespeare said) played many parts in my lifetime, including part-time professional soccer player, television extra (in UK soap TV programs where I used to play a policeman), Founding Director of the Serious Games Institute and stand-up comic

I am very new to Local Guides so I am at the exploring stage. I only discovered Local Guides about 8 weeks ago and so I have spent the last few weeks publishing my catalogue of 360 degree images to Google Maps and capturing more images on my travels. I have almost 4,000 360 degree images published and I am hoping to reach 1 million views in the last 30 days sometime later this week.

I hope to be able to share some of the things that I have learnt about 360 degree technologies, drones and immersive experiences over the coming months

Best Regards

David Wortley FRSA
Technology Strategist, Serial Entrepreneur, 360 Video Pioneer
FOUNDER AND CEO
360in360 Immersive Experiences – www.360in360ix.co.uk
Level 6

Introduce Yourself — I Am New, Hello World

IMG20180408062025.jpg

1. Name: Troy
  2. Location: Mandaluyong City,  Philippines but I was born in the province of Ipil,  Zamboanga Sibugay in Mindanao. 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: What I love being a loca guide is being able to share to others places to visit within my country. I'm known for being a human GPS (human waze) whenever we go on a road trip,  out of town or even road trip within the city,  my friends rely on me in terms of directions and places to go. They always ask for suggestions on where to go. Being a Local Guide allows me to share to others what I know about.  
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love both pasta and japanese cuisine (japanese curry,  shushi, sashimi etc. )
  5. Fun Fact about me: I would say being described by my friends as a human GPS or a human Waze. Just imagine, travelling to a road less travelled with no GPS or Waze signal, you can count on me. I came from a place where our local dialect is similar to Spanish which is called "Chavacano". El Chavacano un poquito espanyol.  ❤❤❤
  6. I am just a new Local Guide😄
Level 7

Thank you @brittym@ for share your valuable tips. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 9

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

HELLO...!!! WORLD

1. Name: QUAID JOHER SB

2. Location: SHARJAH, UAE — though I’m originally from, Chennai, India.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide gives me a freedom to review Places that I visit, if I love that place very much start taking best photo, make a careful review of the place, how well you can get around etc.. after my reviews when it gets noted by other people around and with my review I can make a difference in their mind to make their visit worth or not makes me feel happy..that I was able to help someone decide about the place
  4. My favourite Place to Visit: Most of my Reviews will be about Restaurant You’ll find me mostly on the map giving details about the place I visit for having the food coz I love to try new foods and nearly every dish features its own twist in a new place. I’ve also found that the dining experience is generally a fun and helpful way to review the place by visiting personally and giving my own review of the place.
  5. Some Fact about me: I am a travel lover, exploring new places and adventure which comes along my way. Food and Travel is the only thing which kicks me going to new places when I m off from my duty. I like to go on a Long drive and being on the drive I bump into food outlets and new places which I feel is yet to be discovered by others. so reviewing it 1st hand may help people get around the place.
My Long Drive Hobby has become my Professional Life
Level 6

Name: Aung Win Htut

What do I love about being a Local Guide: In short, local guide's reviews and Inputs are very helpful when I travel and I also want to contribute like senior mappers. And I am a Photographer too. So also want to contribute with my photos to the community.

Fact about me: Already in Level 5 and got 174,679 views and counting. Both Myanmar and Thailand. 
Fun Fact about me: I am skinny and thin. But I can eat a lot of Burgers and Pizzas.
What I want to do: I am working in Local tech NGO, their goal is to harness the potential of our country with technology. We already hosted Mapathons (other teams from our NGO) and I also want to promote Google local guide community in Myanmar. We have an event space and I don't need to worry about any space to do an event.

Bigger Goal: Compared with our neighbour and good friend, Thailand. We have very less and very few photospheres. I want my country to be fully mapped like Thailand. 

Capture.PNG

Level 9

1. Name: Virginie
  2. Location: Amiens / France
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love discovering new adresses and faciliting informations access to other people. I have 3 children and I work all the week so when I spend time with my family, I don't want to loose my time if I must search pratical information about a restaurant or other informations... Moreover I work during the week in a tourism institution : I spend my time to help other people to discover my destination with photos and other contributions with GMB. This is the real life. We have shared more than 2500 photos views more than 6.000.000 times since october 2017 ! I help people to create or modify their GMB.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share photos and tips. I like nature and make a walk.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I contribute firstly in october 2017 so I became Local Guides since this time !
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My surname is Miss Google 🙂20170605_162221_001.jpg
Level 8

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Name: Amardeep Yadav

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love travelling and photography and I really myself experienced how google map helps people in the world.
Being a local guide I always try to help people by sharing photos, reviews, adding places, checking the facts so that people can get required information about the places. Contributing to the Google maps is helping millions of people in the world and it can happen when people share experience to others! It gives me great excitement and happiness!

I love to share: I love to help differently-abled persons, I feel if people visit a place and get the information about wheelchair availability it really helps a lot those who really need it. I also love to share for kids, pet owners, travelers and food lovers. 

How did I hear about Local Guides: I was exploring google products and found a link to contribute to maps. I love google products so I always try new products from google.

Fun Fact About Me:  I love travelling and exploring new places, I have been to France, Italy, Belgium, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and different parts of India. I also love capturing my experience by photos and videos. I love meeting people and experiencing new cultures. 

Local Guides Feeling: I am grade 7 local guide having 1.7M views on my shared photos. I feel great when I check my contributions are helping millions of people in the world, I feel very happy and delighted. It also encourages me to contribute more and more to Google Maps.

Amardeep Yadav
Former Google Contributor

Re: Let's see Iran

Hi @hoda,

Welcome to Connect! We'd love to see some of your experiences shared here on Connect. You can start by sharing some travel tips and/or a list of your favourite places.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to introduce yourself and get to know others here: link. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

See you around!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!