Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Jason joy
  2. Location: Thiruvananthapuram,India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping out people. Editing the mistakes. sharing reviews , photos etc
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guide 2 years back.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: stargazing, travelling, photography, guitarist

Level 6

1. IMG-20151119-WA0003.jpg

Hi Everyone !!!!
  2. Name: Vinod Thekkadavan
  3. Location: living at @@@@bangalore india, originally from kerala india
  4. What I love about being a Local Guide: i am an IT professional ,working as senior consultant at Atos.my passion is travel, and i love to show case the same. Google local guide helps both the way.I appreciate google intoduced this opportunity.IMG_20180410_171751.jpg

IMG_20180329_190619.jpg

5. My favorite cuisine to explore: i am from kerala,india,Gods own country.I want to explore all the way kerala.
  6. Fun Fact about me: i love to speak to small kids, 
Level 8

Thank you @FuvadShah , i'm glad to join this connect. 

Level 8

This would be my second post. I just went to my first meet up today, and have not been in the community long (the date I joined I think was this month?). It was really great to meet the small group that came today, and learn more about being a Local Guide.

As I am new, I haven't had the opportunity as yet to look around much (in the community), but I am looking forward to contributing more. I work full time but am looking forward to retirement in the next 10 years.

1. Name - Lianne, or Lia for short.

2. Location - Waiuku, New Zealand 

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I didn't even realise Local Guides were a "thing" until recently. I got curious about what those badges were. I had been filling in my long commute time with small contributions (to relieve boredom!), and it turns out I was being more helpful than I realised. I am however a perpetual volunteer. I end up with more on than I know what to do with. Genealogy, photography, church, clubs and committees. I like being able to help out if I can. I love taking photos of places, and going out looking for interesting things to photograph. I love being outdoors, even though people think I am wedded to my computer. Being a Local Guide dovetails in nicely with my interests and activities. I love history (visiting places of significance, or with some background to them).

4. My favourite places to explore: Cemeteries and churches. Older the better. I contribute to WikiTree and Find-a-Grave. So I take photos of the location and the headstones for the other groups I volunteer for already. I love learning about the history of an area and the people who lived there, and compiling the information.

5. Fun fact about me: Nothing at all. I'm not a fun person. I am pretty busy working most of the time and have a very ordinary personal history. I don't like being in the limelight, so no Queen Bee for me.

Level 6

1. Name: Mohammed
  2. LocationAmman, Jordan 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: The best thing i like is adding relevant information and details so it makes it much easier for everybody to find the places and get enough details about it , no body likes to get false details or wrong location about the place he looks for .
  4. Best things I like to add : I like to add photos , cuz I think its the best information anybody can get about a shop or restaurant , other than that , I like to correct wrong places . amman_jabal_amman_view.jpg
Level 9

@Lia_T wrote:

This would be my second post. I just went to my first meet up today, and have not been in the community long (the date I joined I think was this month?). It was really great to meet the small group that came today, and learn more about being a Local Guide.

As I am new, I haven't had the opportunity as yet to look around much (in the community), but I am looking forward to contributing more. I work full time but am looking forward to retirement in the next 10 years.

1. Name - Lianne, or Lia for short.

2. Location - Waiuku, New Zealand 

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I didn't even realise Local Guides were a "thing" until recently. I got curious about what those badges were. I had been filling in my long commute time with small contributions (to relieve boredom!), and it turns out I was being more helpful than I realised. I am however a perpetual volunteer. I end up with more on than I know what to do with. Genealogy, photography, church, clubs and committees. I like being able to help out if I can. I love taking photos of places, and going out looking for interesting things to photograph. I love being outdoors, even though people think I am wedded to my computer. Being a Local Guide dovetails in nicely with my interests and activities. I love history (visiting places of significance, or with some background to them).

4. My favourite places to explore: Cemeteries and churches. Older the better. I contribute to WikiTree and Find-a-Grave. So I take photos of the location and the headstones for the other groups I volunteer for already. I love learning about the history of an area and the people who lived there, and compiling the information.

5. Fun fact about me: Nothing at all. I'm not a fun person. I am pretty busy working most of the time and have a very ordinary personal history. I don't like being in the limelight, so no Queen Bee for me.

Welcome to local guide community

Level 10

Re: Introductory message

A warm welcome to you @TitiDokubo. Thank you @Charleybaits & @MrLabule for providing useful information. @TitiDokubo there is also another Meetup scheduled to hold before the Lagos Local Guides Summit next week Saturday, you can find more information here:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/NLG-Volunteer-Day/m-p/731319#M56644 it would be great to see you on this day before the initial first ever Local Guides Summit. As @MrLabule also mentioned you need to join the lagos Local Guides whatsapp group. I will try to contact you and provide you the links privately.

Regards

Level 6

whatsapp.JPG

Name: Abhishek

Things that defines me: It gotta be very simple - love, food and riding motorcycle!

Experience with local guide: It's been splendid. Local guide implicitly became my travel friend in no time. It all started when I wanted to see Lotus temple which is in Delhi and I have lived all my life here but never been to Lotus temple. So I suit up with all my riding gears and start navigating to Lotus temple, As soon as I hit the road there is a message on the screen that the place is closed on Mondays. Now this is the power of local guide which let's you explore your options by collaborating the inputs from other community members. If you look at it closely the local guide is actually a local buddy you would have asked for direction, review, price, availability and timings rather there are thousand of local community members helping you making that choice.   

Level 7

IMG_8960.jpg

IMG_0777 F.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg 

• Name: Rupam Dey
  • LocationKolkata, West Bengal, India but I’m originally from Siliguri, West Bengal, India 
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide allows me to share the suggestions with people regarding some good places to hangout with friends or with the loved one, best place to have lunch or dinner based on favorite cuisine and good places to visit nearby. I'm an IT professional and photographer by passion hence I guide people technically as well as by showing some snaps clicked by me. 
  • My favorite cuisine to explore: I usually like Chinese food and North Indian food but I give a try to all kind of food as I love to eat.
  • Fun Fact about me: As said I'm a photographer by passion who loves to explore various places, have a look to Rupam Dey | Flickr
  • Join Me: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
    r2_2.jpg
Level 8

@Mohammedalmusimie @Lia_T 

@abhishekrawat @RupamDey

Warm welcome to community of local guides -Connect

See you around,

Fuvad