brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi everyone I am Claudio and I live in Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina but often travel  to Uruguay, spending most of the time between this two countries I loved.

I became a Local Guide in the same way as many of you: using Google Maps and helping people. I reached Level 7 and made contributions about half a dozen countries including US, Brazil, and Colombia, and of course my homeland Argentina. 

This picture I am sharing is from my last Eastern Vacation Trip to the Patagonia, taking a ride on the old railroad line called La Trochita (you may take a look at my Google Photos album here.)

My Local Guide spirit is always alert and alive, even before this program existed.

Local Guide joyfully Sharing, Discovering, Finding places, roads, and histories.
Level 5

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Finally found something like a beach in DRY Arkansas.Finally found something like a beach in DRY Arkansas.While traveling, I have taken some of the most beautiful picturesWhile traveling, I have taken some of the most beautiful picturesThis is me traveler of the world. Nothing excites me more than learning and seeing new places.This is me traveler of the world. Nothing excites me more than learning and seeing new places.My name is Tamerdis and I love to travel. I have lived literally all over the world but somehow have settled in the middle of dirt, rice, ducks, and mosquitos. Although appealing as it MAY NOT seem, I have discovered many beautiful places here. I have been a Local Guide for a little under a year. I love it, especially the fact that others can read and understand my experiences from a certain location and in turn may help them with their journey to a particular place. My photo views have reached almost 12,000 viewers last I checked. Just being able to be a part of something so universal for people is amazing. People can now see the views and photos from us local guides and make their decisions on where they would like to travel without being so blind-sided, and I am grateful to be part of such a group that allows me to share my personal experiences.  

Level 6

@MdEmranulHoque Thank you!

Level 6

EM7_ (2).jpg

Name: Emilia 

Who I am: I'm just a girl standing in front of... ok, no. I'm a marketing student and avid world explorer

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to find new places and give advice to others on the best spot in the city. I also enjoy exploring through Google Maps, read and learn about great places to go and those i rather avoid too.  

My favorite cuisine to explore: I have a thing with spicy Indian food. I simple enjoy the combinations of spices and sauces. 

Fun Fact about me: I know a lot of Harry Potter movie dialogues by heart. 

Level 7

Hi mam

1. Name: Raju Singh
  2. Location : Arunachal Pradesh, India 
  3. What I love about being a local guide: I love to travel different places and whenever I go to a new place I use google map, which fills me with all the information that I seek. And I know those information are so helpful because of contribution from Local Guides . So it came in my mind that even I can be a help for those who are new in our places by giving correct information or by editing. It really makes me happy to share photos, information etc. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: it is non other than our Tradition way of cooking in Bamboo.
Level 6

1. Name: Marilyn
  2. Location: Corpus Christi, TX
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: It motivates me to explore places with my kids. We love finding the green on maps. Parks, Nature Preserves, Trails, Gardens. We found a Closed Canyon Trail - a slot canyon trail in Big Bend Ranch State Park - simply by searching for the green on google maps. 
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: One that serves easy takeout. Sometimes it's hard to eat out adventuring with little kids. I appreciate picking up Thai, Asain, or Mexican to break up fast-food drive thrus
  5. Fun Fact about me: Despite living in Texas 5 years, I can't bring myself to say y'all. It feels inauthentic since I'm not native Texan. I'd be thrilled if my kids started saying it though.
Level 7

Introductory message

Hi all,

Everyone calls me Titi because it's shorter. I am from Nigeria and live in Lagos, Nigeria.

I love to share my experiences and my world with others hence my decision to contribute to Google maps.

With the help of other contributions to the maps, I've been able to locate places and I intend to help others as well. 

I am yet to attend any connect meetups but I see one is around the corner in May and I would love to be there.

Level 7

Re: Introductory message

Hi @TitiDokubo Welcome board. Have you applied for the meet-up yet if not, then use the link below.

https://goo.gl/forms/wTRSeErNcUbfvEeE3

CC @HelloSamsonR Any other update about this meet-up?

Level 7

Thank you @Charleybaits I've registered 😀😀

Level 7

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your face then 🙂 @TitiDokubo