cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Ana Luisa
  2. Location: I am living in Barcelona but I am original in Guatemala
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to travel and I love to give oportunity to others to travel with me with my reviews, my comments and photos. give chance to others to enjoys that places they havent been to and give them the idea to what to expect and where to go when they have the time. I love to travel but my mom dont like the idea of me going alone so the photos gives her tranquility  of where is my new destination.  
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Italian, my family is part italian and you cant deny that italian desserts are amazings. I tried so many different gelatos in the 4 days I visit rome, firenze and Tuscany. Being Guatemalan and living in Europe for more than 6 months gives me craves for the flavors of my country so Mexican is the closer. So tacos is my favorite food here in Barcelona
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love to read, and write, I dont like to make public what I write, what I write is just to explore head. I think faster than what I can express. I some day I show you my work is beacuase I have big confidence in you. 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Welcome Ana!

I love Italian Desserts! they are so yummy

Level 6

Hi, I'm New

1) Name: Paul (SC) van Rooyen

2) Location: I'm from Sunny South Africa, Gauteng. Been here my life

3) What I love about being a Local Guide: For me its about the information that you can relay to people. Its also fun to see your pictures getting views and hits

4) My favorite cuisine to explore: Well thats Lake Eland in Durban South Africa. I am a meat person and there you would find the best tasting, soft Beef Ribs you ever tasted. You pick up the bone and the meat falls off the bone...;)

5) Fun Fact about me: Well if you Google search Romans Pizza Selcourt towers, you will see my picture is the one used! How Do I know? My Son is in the picture. 

Level 5

1. Name: Danielle
  2. Location: Frisco, Texas - one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love the feeling of contributing to help enrich other people's lives. I am a busy, full-time working mom with a full schedule and if i'm spending my time and money somewhere I want to make sure it's worth it. If I do find a superb place to go I enjoy sharing it with everyone I know!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I really love a good burger joint! Being from Texas the burger is a dish that is found everywhere but the variety and range of quality in a good burger is very wide. I love checking out new burger places and seeing what kind of unique features they have to offer - blue cheese, coleslaw, jalapenos, fried onion strings - all kinds of toppings and sauces that make a burger stand out. Plus you can't forget the fries!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I love fitness and one of my favorite things to share about as a Local Guide is healthy places to eat and cool gyms to check out!
  6.  15826370_10105312608442130_8570301018213328452_n.jpg
Level 5

Hello World, 

I enjoy the little things in life, from food events to a good old outdoorsy brunch. This image of me was taken in Nairobi, Kenya at the K1 Flea Market .I enjoy the little things in life, from food events to a good old outdoorsy brunch. This image of me was taken in Nairobi, Kenya at the K1 Flea Market .I enjoy trying out new foodie joints. This is an image of me enjoying chicken and cheese nachos at one of Nairobi's  Mexican Restaurant in Westlands, MercadoI enjoy trying out new foodie joints. This is an image of me enjoying chicken and cheese nachos at one of Nairobi's Mexican Restaurant in Westlands, MercadoI recently moved to Toronto and I am still fascinated by the exquisite architecture and skyscrapers. Everyday is a discovery for me. This is an edited image of the famous CN Tower in Downtown Toronto.I recently moved to Toronto and I am still fascinated by the exquisite architecture and skyscrapers. Everyday is a discovery for me. This is an edited image of the famous CN Tower in Downtown Toronto.I have an natural love for retail spaces , I love capturing the decor and the set up. This was taken during the opening of the Designing Africa Collective store by Diana Opotiat Village MarketI have an natural love for retail spaces , I love capturing the decor and the set up. This was taken during the opening of the Designing Africa Collective store by Diana Opotiat Village MarketSomething about art in spaces is just mesmerising. This  image of me was taken by Dennis Kimty at the Circle Art  Gallery in Lavington , Nairobi.Something about art in spaces is just mesmerising. This image of me was taken by Dennis Kimty at the Circle Art Gallery in Lavington , Nairobi.

1. My name is Fred Anyona. 
  2. I was born and raised in Nairobi, Kenya but recently moved to Toronto, Canada. 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I get to share my perspective and change the perception of others based on imagery and my experience. Sharing is a form of education, which is important especially in the day and age of global citizenship. 
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Being a lover of food, fashion, architecture and culture, my explorations revolve around those four key areas and they diversify in terms of my love for coffee shops and restaurant interiors, I am also a lover of retail spaces and store interiors. I also have an immense passion for architecture from bold piercing sky scrapers to minimalist homes and apartments. I adore attending events and experiencing culture through cuisine, drinks and dances.
Level 5

Hello, World Local Guide Family,

I am very happy to be here and I believe there will be a lot of fun for us. 

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Muhammed
  2. Location: Ankara- I’m originally from Eskişehir
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I travel for the work and love to share some photos and suggestions about beautiful places.  
  4. Fun Fact about me: I'm not sure yet maybe you can find it:)
Level 7

Name: Mehtab Alam Location: New Delhi India What do I love about being a Local Guide: As local guide provide basic information for people who wanted to visit that place and Clearify the doubt about that place. And i also enjoy to share my photo and video in maps its remind me memory that i capture different diffreent place . I love to share: everything related to the place where i visited. How did I hear about Local Guides: I bcame contribute since 2015 on google maps. Fun Fact About Me: travelling, photography & makeing memory.
Level 8

Greetings to all,

Name : Ayanabha Ghosh

What I love about being a Local Guide : Mostly I love to upload contents over the Internet and share with the whole world. Google Maps is one of them where the photos, videos of places can be added and shared with the people all around the world. Wherever I go, I just take some shots and upload it to Maps. Moreover, I enjoy it like a game where I can earn points and after certain thresholds I can receive some badges and level up ! 🙂

My favorite thing to explore : Wherever I go, within my city or outstation, I walk along the streets with Google Maps opened in my smartphone. The place I found not added, not reviewed, I add them and take some shots of the places existing in Maps and upload them. I have traveled so many places across India and have shared clicks of every places I've found beautiful. 😉

Facts about me : I love to travel across the city and countryside and explore the unexplored places, temples of little historical importance. Moreover, I'm a Train and Aviation geek. I upload and share stuffs on Indian Trains on my YouTube channel as well. Being a CS student, I am keen about software development and writing blogs on Blogger 🙂

Now it's your turn to introduce yourself.

Level 7

Anyone know Bali? (Geez, of course)

Indonesia? (umm is it food? or what?)

Hello everyone, my name is Angelini from Indonesia, the southest country in Southeast Asia. I started actively contributing on Google Maps since I knew there is an event to connect with all Local Guides from around the world, meaning that we have the possibility to meet people with the same passion to share what we see, experience, and learn from the places I visited. Besides, I love to take photos very much then I thought, why I don't use the photo to inspire others. There you go, I aim to share 1 million good pictures (not just an ordinary picture) to be the cover of places available on Maps. I believe that picture speaks better than words.

Looking forward to connecting with you guys soon!

Level 6

I wanted to use the Connect Live invitation as an opportunity to introduce myself to the community, which I neglected for far too long 🙂 

So, here I am: 

1. Name: Habib
  2. Location: Berlin, Germany
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share places with others, especially if these places are not known yet. And even for known places, I want to highlight the small details that may not be obvious even for regular visitors. But most importantly, I get to know about the hidden gems from other Local Guides 🙂 
  4. My favorite thing to explore: For me, my main motivation is food. And because I'm going more vegetarian, I like to share places that serve every kind of taste, so that everyone can enjoy their meal to same extent. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: Actually, being a Local Guide was useful in my career at some point and together with my wife, we now have another hobby in common 🙂

Speaking of which, this is me and my wife on our wedding day in front of the Berlin Cathedral: 

Berliner Dom.jpg