cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Name - Puja Garodia Somani

Location - Kolkata, India

What I love about being a Local Guide - I love the way I am able to help so many travellers effortlessly! I never knew I could be of such a help to people who are traveling to India and every review of the pictures that I post gives me happiness. 

Crazy Fact About Me - My geography is weak but I still am a successful local guide. 😄IMG-20180420-WA0004.jpg

Level 7

Passionate Google Local Guide

Hello Everyone Out There in the Local Guide World!

I am 37 years old. I love to check out new places and to share them on Google Maps.

It gives me happiness and joy and it just became a strong passion of mine and I love to do it!

I would love to meet other Local Guides here, I am living in
Hamburg.

I am just happy to be one of you!

yours  Sabeth Drumheller

Level 9

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello All there 

I am Manoj Kumar, hail from Thiruvilwamala, a small village in Kerala, India, currently working in Tanzania East Africa.

I love traveling, Driving, etc. 

I would like to share my travel experiences here. 

MKCMKC
Level 8

Hi !

Sushma, you are doing a great job of helping of people by this way. Please keep it up.

All the best.

Level 8

I like google guides for the same reason. Great to have you with us!

Level 7

A local guide in Europe

Hi Everyone,

I am Anthony, I have lived all over the place, South America, Japan and now in Spain. I currently live in Barcelona and work as a tour guide with bicycles and Segways, it is a fun job that keeps me in daily contact with the city where I discover new things everyday. I am passionate about history and photography, these 2 passions have motivated me to contribute as a Local Guide. I started mainly adding pictures to Google Maps places when there wasn't even a Local Guides system. Suddenly I receive an email telling me my pictures have reached millions of views and that they have promoted me to a Local Guide since then I have kept on posting pictures and writing reviews every now and then of places I like or dislike all over the world. I tend to travel as much as I can and keep a record of my visits by uploading pictures of the best places many of them unknown to most people. 

For me being a Local Guide is something that identifies myself and my job, I love showing to the world the places I visit, with pictures and video I want to really transmit that experience as faithful as possible. I hope my footprints here in Google Maps and in the community can really be helpful for everyone. And whenever you visit Barcelona let me know so I can show you around.

Anthony
Level 8

Introducing myself: Lorenzo from Italy/Tuscany/Lucca/Versilia

Hi everybody, my name is Lorenzo Mazza, I am a copywriter and a marketing consultant living in the northern part of Tuscany. I work between the wonderful cities/towns of Pisa, Lucca, Viareggio and Pietrasanta. In order to keep me healthy and alive, in my free time I use to take care of my little farm, where I grow organic vegetables (mostly tomatoes, hot peppers, edible flowers) for my families and friends.

The City Walls of LuccaThe City Walls of Lucca

Before being a Local Guide I have been a blogger since 2008, writing on art and cultural events for the web magazine Artsblog.it. There I used to prepares guides and tips about exhibitions, artists, movements and how to appreciate those displays.

Since I have been doing home exchange for almost fifteen years, I've always loved getting and giving advices. I think curiosity, attention to details, the ability of listening, are some of the best human qualities. Following my family tradition of running bars and restaurants, I am really engaged in food, wines and craft beers. In 2013 I have found my web magazine, called Tumangia.it about these topics, regarding not only Tuscany, but other hidden parts of Italy. There, with the great help from many friends, researchers, academics, chefs, farmers, foodbloggers I want to spread an independent voice on healthy and clean food.

A view of the Port in ViareggioA view of the Port in Viareggio

1. Name: Lorenzo Mazza
  2. Location: Viareggio/Lucca/Pisa
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Art, culture, history, traditional Tuscany food, seafood, organic, wild edibles, wines, craft beer, trekking... those are my bread and butter! I like to have the curiosity of the explorer, the tranquillity of the walker, the knowledge of the anthropologist. Being unselfish is part of my nature so giving adices and communicating them in the best way is what I try to do day by day.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I can help any newcomer in Tuscany. You might know here traditional dishes are those related to the country (soups, tortelli - filled pasta, wildboar, pecorino cheese, seasoned coldcuts.. I am not vegetarian or veggie but I can give you advices about the best places (those outside from touristic routes) where you an find organic and vegan food.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have got plenty (1.000, 2.000?) of photos waiting to be added... I'll do it soon.. however the most viewed is one reporting a dish of 'Carbonara di Mare', a special type of carbonara replacing pork meat with seafood. I was eating this delicacy at Zaramare Restaurants in Viareggio...
 Frittata di maccheroni, Pizza and Focaccia homemadeFrittata di maccheroni, Pizza and Focaccia homemade

Level 5

Why I am a Google Local Guide!

Hi everyone,

I do the Google Local Guide because I like to eat and stay in good Hotels. Doing this, I help other people to better chose a location.

I hope my contributions are relevant for other people.

Ciao.

Antonio.

Level 6

1. Name: Nazeer
  2. Location: Durban, South Africa.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: The technology is indispensable as it is always current and accurate, and I believe that I share a responsibility to keep it that way.
  4. Experience with Google Maps: I have been contributing for over 10 years since the KML-files days.
  5. Goal: To contribute more content more effectively.
Level 10

At  world longest unbroken Sea  beachAt world longest unbroken Sea beach

Hi everyone! Please let a moment to introduce myself to the community: Name: MAHMUDUR RAHMAN POLASH Location: Rangpur, Bangladesh. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday! A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. I love to giving right information to Google Maps that can help Millions of people . I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information. I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes. I love to add and edit places and I enjoy in edit places,I am also love to Add Photos. How did I hear about Local Guides: Basically in profession I am a banker, some time ago when working with panaromio which is now closed, I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Then One day i start traveling a place but the place i don't know where is this,Then i search on Google Maps & found it, Maps show me a Pop-up join as a Local Guide so i Join this amazing Community of people's around the Globe. Passion: I always try to work out that weekend to love to discover local foods and local area everywhere I go and also love to go-to long drive. I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot anything that appears to me interesting.

With colleguesWith colleguesWith friendsWith friendsWith familyWith family