brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like March’s, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

To start, let me introduce myself:

Brittany Miller photo.jpg

1. Name: Brittany
  2. Location: New York City, N.Y., USA — though I’m originally from West Palm Beach, Fla.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I’m known for being a busy-body, so friends are always asking me for suggestions on where to bring out-of-towners, the perfect first date spot, where to host an event, the best place to volunteer, and more. Being a Local Guide allows me to share these same suggestions with people like you all around the world!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: You’ll find me elbow-deep in chips and guac at least once a week because Mexican is my go-to cuisine! I love spicy foods, smothered cheese, and veggies, and nearly every dish features its own twist on this combination. I’ve also found that the Mexican dining experience is generally a fun and upbeat crowd-pleaser.
  5. Fun Fact about me: In my previous role, I helped open Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Grills at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Charleston International Airport. I was involved with the photos and memorabilia that decorate the restaurants. Decor can really complement a hospitality setting, and we tried to fill the spaces with interesting visuals and facts for travelers with long layovers. Since my photos were among the first uploaded at FLL, and airports are such high-traffic areas, they’ve helped 30,913 people decide where to eat.
New York, NY, USA
5,469 comments
Level 7

Introduce yourself

Moinot Ghat, Dohar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.Moinot Ghat, Dohar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Niaz
  2. Location: Bangladesh
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Feeling better to share my good moments or beautiful sight with others. Not only I can help others in finding the right places to go but also meeting new friends home & abroad.  I always love the local insights shared by Local Guides about their city.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2016 .
  6. Fun Fact About Me: travelling, photography & gossiping  😛

Now it's your turn.

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome to Local Guides Connect @NiazSumon there are quite a few Bangladeshi LG here. Have fun being a LG.

Level 8

HI, I am Hasib Mahmud. my level is 6. I have a 360 degree camera.is it possible to earn some money hear? I live in Dhaka bangladesh. if possible to earn money please help me what Is the process. 

Connect Moderator

@360DegreeH wrote:

HI, I am Hasib Mahmud. my level is 6. I have a 360 degree camera.is it possible to earn some money hear? I live in Dhaka bangladesh. if possible to earn money please help me what Is the process. 

Hi @HasibMahmud you cannot earn money from the Local Guides Program it is not allowed. LG is about community. There is an affiliated program which is managed out of Local Guides for Trusted Street View Photographer - you can find out more information here https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Always make a new thread rather than hijack someone elses too. 

Regards

Paul

Level 2

1. Name: Stella
  2. Location: Edmonton
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I am a little obsessed with taking photos of every where I've been, and being a local guide is a way to share those photos with others.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share photos and tips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A youtube video.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: The dog in my profile pic's name is Olive. 
Level 7

Hello!  Not as a local guide.

We do this because we like to, from the goodness of our hearts.

There is another type of special guide that earn money, critiquing restaurants and other features like that, but sorry to say I do not have that info. Probably someone else will.

Happy mapping, and may your road always rise to meet you!

Level 7

Hello!  Not as a local guide.

We do this because we like to, from the goodness of our hearts.

There is another type of special guide that earns money, critiquing restaurants and other features like that, but sorry to say I do not have that info. Probably someone else will.

Happy mapping, and may your road always rise to meet you!

Level 2

I am a Local Guide from Dhaka .👌 I want to make friends around the world!

Level 6

New local guides addict! Re: Introduce yourself

1. Name: Justin
  2. Location: Pennsylvania
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Everything! I've been a Google Maps fanatic forever and this makes it a lot cooler to interact and contribute...
  4. I love to share:  Anything and everything
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I think it recently came up on my phone as an app suggestion...
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm an oddball hybrid of self admitted computer/internet geek and strongman