GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Becky Curran

2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Boston, MA)

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love meeting new people with similar interests, uploading photos to businesses, and updating edits to small businesses on the map. 

4. I love to share: I love to add photos to every location I visit on the map. 

5. How did I hear about Local Guides:

I moved to New York City in 2014 and was looking for a way to meet new friends. My college roommates were involved with City Experts in Boston at the time and they mentioned how it was a great way to make new friends with similar interests. Joining the program was the best decision I've ever made. I have so many international lifelong friends now.

6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm up for any adventure. I love traveling, making people laugh, and taking pictures everywhere I go. 

Holding the Kenyan flag with Nairobi Senator Mike SonkoHolding the Kenyan flag with Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko

Accessibility Meetup in NYCAccessibility Meetup in NYC

International Women's Day featured photoInternational Women's Day featured photo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduce myself

Hi All contributor, 

I'm Mike from Taiwan.

It's the first time for me to join the discussion in this community.

I used to leave comment and share photo on Google Map directly.

It's grateful that Google provide this wonderful program so that I can share a lot of beautiful place to anyone in the world. 

I'll try to join the local event to meet others!

Let me Share a view in the Movie "Silence", which is took in Taiwan.

IMG_20170304_105619.jpg

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017 - Luis Carlos Moreno

1. Name: Luis Carlos Moreno Rivero
  2. Location: Panama
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The opportunity it offers to help other.
  4. I love to share: Photographs and reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an email from Google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a vegetarian, love to help, to write (I have some published short stories in Spanish) and to share as much as I can.

31354948055_8040a9486e_k.jpgcinta LC.jpg

Level 7

Hello Local Guides community!

Name: Georgiy Seliverstov

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I\m glad that I can contribute to my community. Make it a better place for the local people as well as for the tourists. I love possibility to share my opinion with other people!

I love to share: I love sharing reviews and pictures of my visited places. This way it helps people visit the best places in town. 

How did I hear about Local Guides: I am a Regional Lead in (ex)Google Map Maker and and I was invited to participate Local Guides program from the beginning.

Fun Fact About Me: When I was 6 years old I has walking trip to opposite part of our town by myself. My mom was very worried, but it ended well: I went back home on my own.

Jerusalem, 2016Jerusalem, 2016

Regards, Georgiy.
Level 8

Hi everyone *_*

Name: Ida Taufik

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I would like to share about the places I have ever visited

I love to share: I love to add and edit places. I also enjoy sharing photos of food and tourist places I visit

How did I hear about Local Guides: One day I was using google maps when going to visit a place, I read the reviews of this place. In the review said the place is very dirty, it turns out after visiting the place is very clean and comfortable. Then I was keen to give reviews so that people know that the place is already very comfortable. Here is the beginning of my contribution on google maps and join local guides

Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local places whenever I travel in different places. Coffee lover and foodventure.

Mount Bromo, East Java, IndonesiaMount Bromo, East Java, IndonesiaCiwidey, Bandung, West Java, IndonesiaCiwidey, Bandung, West Java, Indonesia

Level 8

Name: Michael
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping color in the gaps in the map, get to share points of view that are not shared or noticed normally.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I was adding reviews of places and pictures when it popped up.
Fun Fact About Me: interesting how the world looks standing and going code 3.

@GusM wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

I will get us started:

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York, USA (originally from Brazil)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Why not join, eh!?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly (as a passenger and as a pilo

14115021_10153781861247681_2193012331144964483_o.jpg

Level 6

Hello World! 🙂

1. Name: Jessica
  2. Location: Papua New Guinea (PNG)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love my country and I love the fact that my comments and contributions as a Local Guide can help people both in my country and internationally learn more about PNG! 
  4. I love to share: Photos and reviews about places I've been to both in PNG and overseas! I feel that there's a lot that needs to be said about a place and being a Local Guide I can get to share that information 🙂 oh and I love using the "add missing place"! 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an invite in my email and was hesitant but decided to join instead! You see i've already been adding and reviewing places I've been to so I just took the chance! 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love travelling and I love photography! 🙂
  7. Kwato Church Mission, Alotau, Milne Bay ProvinceKwato Church Mission, Alotau, Milne Bay ProvinceCabarita Beach, NSW, AustraliaCabarita Beach, NSW, AustraliaMy victory Jump! Kokoda Trail, KokodaMy victory Jump! Kokoda Trail, KokodaDoini Island Resort, Alotau, Milne Bay ProvinceDoini Island Resort, Alotau, Milne Bay Province

Level 5

1. Name: Mikhail
  2. Location: Arkhangelsk, RU
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others explore the world. Tell through photo what I see
  4. I love to share: Pictures about my city and neighborhood
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through Google Maps
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I can drink 3 cups of coffee and sleep after that about 10 hours  

IMG_20161127_094034.jpg

Level 5

self introduction

To start, let me introduce myself:
Name: Kazuyoshi MATSUMOTO

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share historical local information so that other Local Guides can see and know the historical world through my eyes.

Level 9

@MikhailP

welcome to local guides connect community !!