Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello!

1. Name: Lyndsey Mott

2. Location: Toronto, Ontario

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I am making Google Maps a better place for small businesses and the user experience.

4. I love to share: My expertise in Local SEO by using "Check The Facts" to make sure that correct edits are being pushed though on Maps, Looking for missing information, as well as removing listings that are spam and affecting local businesses from being seen.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about local guides one day while working with Map Maker. I looked into what the community was all about, and saw that it was a group of people that share the same interests and passion that I do, when it comes to making Google Maps a better experience for everyone. After joining I then began contributing to Google in more ways than making sure listings were correct and following Google Guidelines.

6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm artistic, and love photography.

lyndsey m.JPG

Level 8

HelIo!

1. Name: Md. Aziz Ullah 
  2. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions help people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add photos to the missing places, give the true review, and add missing places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: In May 2015, I came to know about local guides program when a meetup and workshop was held on our varsity by "Bangladesh Local Guides" community. That was really a helpful program. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to meet new people, hear their stories and discover local foods everywhere I go. @a Buddhist temple@a Buddhist temple

Level 1

1. Name: Griselia
  2. Location: Puerto Rico
  3. What I expect from being a Local Guide: I hope to learn as much as I contribute 😉
  4. To share: I hope I get to share many cool places. Love finding new places both here and abroad. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A friend called Louis has been doing it for a couple of monthsSunrise in CondadoSunrise in Condado
Level 10

@GriseliaC Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Lovely photo, I would love to see one of your portraits here, could you please share?

Level 5

Hello. 
My name is Asadullah, and I am a local guide from Pakistan. I am an amateur photographer and a computer science student. I have always find pleasure in sharing any information and knowledge with others, with the hope that it helps them in any substantial way. For this primary reason I had joined Local Guides program, as my country and city had very little business details, listings and photographs added to places. 

My experience with the program has been interesting. One thing that frustrates me the most is the amount of spam pictures some guides have added to random locations, which ruins the reputation and credibility of the whole program. I constantly try to report these, and correct any incorrect information I come across. I also try my best to gather verified information about the places that I add, as just adding dubious information to maps would make the whole purpose of being a "Guide" null and void.

These are some of the photographs that I have added for different places in maps. 

GPO Lahore, PakistanGPO Lahore, Pakistan

Pakistan Monument, Islamabad, PakistanPakistan Monument, Islamabad, Pakistan

Faisal Mosque, Islamabad, PakistanFaisal Mosque, Islamabad, Pakistan

Bank Alfalah, Islamanad, PakistanBank Alfalah, Islamanad, Pakistan

Subway, Islamabad, PakistanSubway, Islamabad, Pakistan

Level 10

@vasilem Lovely photo.

Level 9

Hey @TaraM 

Nice to meet you. It would be good if you add an image of you with your introduction. By the way thanks for sharing.

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

I believe I answered this way back when Local Guides Connect launched last June. But will answer again for the LGSummit17 application process

karen v chin April 2017 (2).jpg

1. Name: Karen V Chin
  2. Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love sharing information and experiences and meeting people both here in the Local Guides Community & in my daily life.
  4. I love to share: I am always the person who has the great "restaurant/food/place to see" tips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: @ReyLey told me about Local Guides January 2015. I joined that March.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to eat and travel, which go hand-in-hand. Always on the look out for "local" food

Cheers,

Karen

San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide 

Level 9

Hi @ArijitM

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Nice to meet you.

You have shared a good introduction with us. Thanks for sharing.

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: G Bernard Wandel (aka Bernie)
  2. Location: Washington DC, Summerville SC. originally Chicago IL--kind of a nomad
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I Want to contribute to the world in a bottom-up fashion to create a more inclusive guide
  4. I love to share: I love to share about seating, wifi-clean bathrooms stuff that travelers need to know in a pinch!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an email from Google, and thought what a great way to be of service!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love coffee and coffee shops! everything from Starbucks-to small indy coffee stores!Photo on 3-29-17 at 3.08 PM.jpg