GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

• Name: Arijit Mazumdar
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Giving honest review about a place whether its good or bad. Helping people from different parts of the world without knowing them is an outstanding feeling & making this world a better known place.
  • I love to share: Photos & review of places like restaurant, cafes, hotel, multiplex, repair shops, shopping mall. My favorites are food photos because I am a big foodie & want to share yummy, delicious food with everyone having access to google maps.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: One of my friend. P:S: He again started adding photos & reviews when he saw my Level 5 achievement. 
  • Fun Fact About Me: Many a times I search for my eye glasses in the entire house & after giving up, I find it in my pocket. 🙂
  • One Minute Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgnZ4BxQ5cU
    IMG_7168.JPG
Level 8

1. Name: Ivan
  2. Location: Tandil, Argentina
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Wrong information on Maps can have bad consequences on real life, so I'm happy that Google let us help 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to fix places and streets. I uploaded photos and reviews of the first days of a long trip I did. Selecting the best pictures takes time and I still have a lot to share. I use the "Check the Facts" option every now and then too.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I discovered the program by chance: I searched for the opening times of a place more than once and Maps info was shown on Google but incomplete, so I fill in the gaps and then I received an email to join Local Guides. Of course, I did.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Google chose some of my photos for the cover of the Centre Court at Wimbledon and the Round Pond (London), nice! 🙂
Level 7

Re: Introduce yourself - April 2017

Hello Guys,

How could I have missed Local Guides Connect...

I'm great I finally found other people that just like me like to improve information arround us by inputting it in Google maps 🙂

And I look forward having great discussions with you all.

So let's start by presenting myself:

1. Name: Sébastien (Pronounced Sebastian)
  2. Location: Brussels, Belgium (The hart of europe) 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that people are able to visit places before actually visiting them and have great tips about them. I personally like to use Local guide information like pictures to recognize a place where I'm expected to be 🙂  or just to get some great tips about the location or opening times.
  4. I love to share: Most of all I like to input missing places because it makes feel the world finally smaller, everything fits into google maps 🙂 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I've always been an information junkie , as soon as Local guides program opened up, I immediately started filling it up with information..
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I've been growing up in a family that always seem to go to the same vacation spot every year, however I felt differently in my family. I wanted to go everywhere in the world, I wanted to see all those place that I saw on  my television and taste all those different food specialities from all over the world . I love the world and the Diversity we have in it 🙂

I currently speak 4 languages (Nederlands (Dutch), Français (French), English and German) and would like to learn Spanish now, so you can speak any of those languages to me , for other languages I'll use Google translate 🙂

Level 7

Hello

1. Name:Erik Fellman
  2. Location:Stockholm, Sweden
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:Since I am using google maps my self when I travel to find nice places to eat at. I love the fact that I can help others in the same way I get helped.
  4. I love to share: I love to add photos to places I have eaten an been to. Mostly because I find that information useful. And if I spot any information that needs to be updated at the same time. I started giving my reviews in Swedish but changed it to English so more people can take advantage of my reviews.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:I don´t remember what site that I saw wrote about Local Guides but I remember that I checked out the Local Guides website and signed up right after
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love food and to try new things so I try to find new places to go and eat. I am about to start a new website where I will gather all my old and new reviews and food photos. I spent almost 4 weeks walking thru Spain once. Unfortunately I had not joined Local Guides then.
  7. Things I miss with local guides/google maps: I would have loved to option to upload a small video to places to and not only photos

Me at one of the best resturants in sweden holding a box of  trufflesMe at one of the best resturants in sweden holding a box of truffles

Level 5

1. Name: Pavel
  2. Location: Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like not only to improve Google Maps and give more people proven information about my city, but to involve the vast amount of the local students into this process as well  
  4. I love to share: I love to share my impressions of good places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about Local Guides connect last year while Google Maps app exploration 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am living at the border between Europe and Asia. I have Ph.D. degree in Computer Since and work in a world-class university - the Ural Federal University. My additional work is teaching students of different IT-specialities.1.jpg

Level 8

Name : Kunal
What i love in LG program : Helping people search and reach places.
How I got here. : As an avid Photo snapper I has lots of pics in Drive and I was running out of space. Found this program to get drive space. Been hooked to the community and helping aspects ever since.
Fun fact: Hmm , I may seem silent but after some period of friendship people may not think so.

I am Kunal from Bangalore, India. I have been an LG since about 2 years now and am contributing regularly to maps now. The community and helping aspect in this program is what interests and drives me to keep the phone handy for adding something interesting to maps as required.

We also do have great set of people in the program who respond and help others whenever they can.
I recently traveled to Sweden and got some really useful tips from Sweden community.

For me LocalGuide is a program about helping people search and reach places. Whether its a cake shop or a restroom. If the place is added and listed correctly in maps then people can find it.
This information is especially useful for travelers who are new and hence rely on maps to guide them around the city.

I like to add pictures and reviews of the places I visit so that the info will be useful for people visiting later. I'll be on a special lookout for places that are missing in maps and will add the place with as much details I can gather and pics of establishment and surrounding so that searching for that place is easy.

I also help moderate two unofficial LG communities and help gate keep the join request which might be spam out. The policy for entry in our community is to be interested in helping people through maps and being a personal account rather than a advertising business account which spams all groups with same posts.

I love to read when possible (self improvement / non fiction) "'The hitchhikers guide to galaxy' book teaches life truth "Dont Panic",

watch YouTube videos (one never realizes the time spent there with video being suggested one after another) ,

Tinker with Arduino or Raspberry pi, keep updated on tech aspects .

I love to try local cuisine and dishes when travelling and my recent travel was great fun (Sweden is awesome 🙂

Fika in SwedenFika in Sweden

Feel free to ping/tag me. I am available for questions/help/discussion/etc. and would love to help my fellow LG's if I can. 🙂

Lets keep mapping and helping othersVisiting Gamla Old City Museum Linkoping Sweden.Visiting Gamla Old City Museum Linkoping Sweden.

LG Summit 17 Video

Level 5

1. Name: Fabian
  2. Location: Santiago, Chile (originally from Cañete, Chile)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I find it wonderful to be able to help thousands of people to know the different attractions of the cities of the world.
  4. I love to share: The main points to support are the tourist attractions, and above all to support the small businessmen in completing their information.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: That was easy, since I was always involved in Google Maps.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: In recent years, I have dedicated myself to visit soccer stadiums, to help fans improve their experience in the stadium.DSC_0311.JPG

Level 10

You are welcome to the community.

Level 6

1. Name: Loris
  2. Location: Berlin, Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I think of us as time savers. The thought of saving users from having bad experiences and wasting time is great.
  4. I love to share: Mostly lunch places because sandwiches in our office kitchen tend to be "lost" - if you know what I'm getting at 😉 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Maps was so kind to let me know.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I rate local results in my professional life too. 

On a side note: Good luck to you all for participating at the local guides summit - because I know you want to, just like me 😄

Level 8

Hi,

Name: Marius

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to share information that helps other users find new places.
I love to share: Interesting photos of visited places and tell about it to others.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I found new features in Google maps app.
Fun Fact About Me: I'm crazy and I like traveling anywhere 🙂

14570514_10207462792955453_485581824101655528_o.jpg

10631255_10204474464089099_4250115210349927019_o.jpg