Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Thanks. That's my wife. She get really happy with your comment. 😄

Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I'm Raju Basnet from Nepal. My nick name on google map maker is  yatri 🙂 I have been mapping on Google map maker since last 8 years. I have contributed on Google maps as Regional Reviewer and 'Google Map Maker Advocate. I love mapping very much.

Thank you.

Level 5

Good evening everybody. This is mine:

1. Name: Eido Inoue
  2. Location: Tokyo, Japan (born and grew up in Washington, D.C.)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: That it encourages me to get out of my comfort zone and try new places that I normally wouldn't go to.
  4. I love to share: Information about facilities that are easy for the physically disabled to access, as this information isn't available in most Tokyo guides.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I've been working and participating with about every form of Google Map review product, including things like Zagat, since 2009.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Although I was born as an American, I have been in Japan a quarter century and am now legally Japanese.

Cheers and Yoroshiku!

Level 7

Hello world

1. Name: Mario
  2. Location: Santander, Cantabria, Spain. I'm owner of Santander Local Guides Community
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: See that contributing to the community has an impact
  4. I love to share: the gastronomy in the north of spain is very good, I love to share places where to enjoy the food. Also amazing landscapes
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: just exploring...
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am always happy, quite crazy... i'm always shoting pictures and sharing to friends...
    Instantánea 1 (24-04-2017 18-01).png

Level 8

'Hi Everyone on Connect,

I am Sruthi Gomathi. I am about to complete my Under graduation in B.E. (CSE). I feel glad to share a small flashback with you people.

I was simply surfing something and was directed to Google maps. It was very useful for me to get the reviews about those places. It was then I felt like I should also contribute to maps and help others. But I had fears and thought if I could contribute anything. I searched a lot and found that I can also contribute to Google maps. Then I started analysing and understood what all the possible contributions I can make to Google maps.  I started with small contributions and sooner became addictive and started to note everything and kept on contributing. I feel very happy for contributing to Google Local Guides.

I love being a contributor to Google maps and wish to explore a lot meeting you people.

With dreams,

SruthiGomathi

Level 8

Hello from India, 

I'm a local guide from Bangalore and Delhi. I love traveling and exploring new places. It just started as something I did and now it's the first thing I do when I go to any new place. 

1. Name: Himanshi
  2. Location: Bangalore, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that my contributions help a lot of places get discovered and more & more people get to visit these places. 
  4. I love to share: I love to add pictures and tell what I liked and disliked about the places so people can make informed choices before visiting these places. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Somewhere on the Internet,  Google asked me to write a review. I wrote one and I was a Local Guide. Then I started added pictures. Voila, I was hooked. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel to new and undiscovered places. Also,  I don't have a last name. 

Level 8

Welcome aboard @SruthiG

Level 8

Good evening everybody. This is me:

1. Name: Bart van der Sluijs
  2. Location: Strijen (Netherlands)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I do notice a lot more companies in my area then before. As local guide you look in every street if there is something missing
  4. I love to share: Mostly pictures, so others can see what I did see. But I like to search for missing company info to share this as well.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I did see it on a forum somewhere
  6. Fun Fact About Me: You can't get me angry 🙂

Maybe we meet somewhere!

Bart

085.JPG

Level 5

1. Name: Aron
  2. Location: Taipei, Taiwan (originally from the United States of America)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like sharing info about interesting places that I have found with friends across the world.
  4. I love to share: Photos, especially of food or memorable street scenes. I also try to fix map listing errors whenever I find them.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A Taiwanese friend who attended a previous summit introduced me to the program last year, and I've been a happy contributor ever since.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I fly out to visit some other city in Asia almost every weekend thanks to low prices on so many discount airlines that have recently started up.
Level 5

Hello world..

Name : Mohammed Aateef

What I love being a local guide : Being a local guide, gives me best opportunity to guide people whey they are in need..

I love to share : I love sharing photos mainly shops in Google maps..I also love short film making.. I usually concentrate in all aspects like screenplay, direction,visual effects,script.. I used to share my edited videos with my friends..

How I came to know about Local Guide : I came to know about local guide from my friend, @SalmaanN

Fun fact about me : I love bike ride but I hate riding fast.. 😉

Thank you.. !