cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello World 🙂

• Name: Irena Savchenko iRena - iRenaKat - 32x32 - 01.gif
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Meeting like-minded people from all corners of our beautiful planet.
  • I love to share: My memorable and outstanding experiences through photos.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I went as my partner’s +1 to a Local Guide event and fell in love with the program immediately, and became part of it.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I was one of the first Local Guides chosen to take part in the Google Local Guides Swap program 🙂 It began here Madrid Google Local Guides Swap and continued here London Google Local Guides Swap 🙂

tFp - Meet the Team - 2016 - 03.jpg

...and here is my one minute introduction video for the Summit 2017 entry and good luck tro everyone else entering for the Google Local Guides Summit 2017 😉

Level 5
Level 5

Hello world

1. Name: Haytham Sayed

2. Location: Cairo, Egypt 

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I think helping people to find their destinations is something valuable and priceless, that's why I have joined Google Local Guides as I love helping people.

4. I love to share: I love to go and explore new places and share photos and my experience with the place with the people to know it well.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about Local Guides by chance while I was searching for a certain place to go using Google Maps then I decided to be a Google Local Guides to help people to reach their destinations like pharmacies and hospitals and I am proud of doing this great work and I have many ideas and challenges in this field and I wish that I can discuss them with some Google staff one day. 

6. Fun Fact About Me: I am dreamer and challenger and i love traveling to explore and discover new places, that's why I love my work as a petroleum engineer because this enables me to travel a lot to visit new places. Cairo tower, Giza, Egypt.Cairo tower, Giza, Egypt.

Ain Sokhna, Red Sea, Egypt.Ain Sokhna, Red Sea, Egypt.

The wheat fields, Qalyubiya, Egypt.The wheat fields, Qalyubiya, Egypt.

The river Nile, Cairo, Egypt.The river Nile, Cairo, Egypt.

AshrafiAshrafi

Giza pyramids, Egypt.Giza pyramids, Egypt.

The Egyptian museum, Cairo, Egypt.The Egyptian museum, Cairo, Egypt.

Giza pyramids, Giza, Egypt.Giza pyramids, Giza, Egypt.

Level 2

the pleasure is for me my friend
Level 9

Thanks for the Kudos guys!

From Baguio City and Beyond!
Level 8

Thank you @OnyedikaBenjaminJ!

Stephen W. Douglas

Level 5

Hello

1. Name: Manuele
  2. Location: Curitiba/ Brasil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a local guide because I can share my experiences and help people make decisions.
  4. I love to share: I love to share my photos and reviews of places, whether it's a positive experience or not.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: My boyfriend is also a local guide and encouraged me to be too.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a good cook, at least that's what they say.
Level 10

Rif.: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hi everyone!
My name is Gabriele,26,and I'm from Cosenza,a small city located in Southern Italy.
I'm currently studying social sciences at the university,  but my greatest passion is the music, and just recently we've built up a recording studio with my friends and now we're planning to create our own label.
I've always been interested in technology and I'm always looking for new thing to satisfy my curiosity and expand my knowledge.
Since the first time I've loaded a picture on Maps , I've been immediately fascinated about this project, then I've tried to find out how it works.
It's been quite difficult at the beginning, but then i found out about the Local Guides program on Google, and everything has changed.
Everytime I visit a new place is an opportunity to share my experience with the others, and it feels like living it twice.
I've always been doing it for fun, but when I started to receive the first gifts from Google, then I've realized that  maybe I could also get something back.
I started to take this thing seriously, trying to improve my reviews with  more realistic pictures and accurate descriptions, in order to give a better service to the people and raise the importance of the program itself.
I've just finished to edit my Video Application for the LG Summit in San Francisco,and I hope that you're gonna like it and that i'll be chosen to attend the Summit.
Best wishes and I really hope to see you all in San Francisco.

Local GuidesLocal Guides

Gabriele D'Ambrosio
Level 5

1. Name: Guy
2. Location: Tel Aviv, Israel -> Hoboken, NJ, USA
3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:

Thanks to local guides, every time visiting new cities, I always find local restaurants or places to travel I would never find by myself.
I am excited being part of the community and help millions of people around the globe to improve their travel experience.

4. I love to share:
Amazing shots from my camera.
By photos I upload, I share the world I experience through my eyes.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides:
It's a good question. I can't point out the exact moment I joined the community.
A few years ago, after being excited about Google Maps features, I decided to join the community and be a local guide by myself.20160208_020030.jpg

6. Fun Fact About Me:

I love learning languages. It helps me better communicate and understand cultures from around the globe.
I am a geek of technology, I love to be updated on the latest apps, features, and gadgets

Level 5

Hi Connect community,

I am a European that, after having lived in a few different countries, has been fortunate enough to be able to call Toronto, Canada his home for the last few years. I am a traveler at heart who enjoys adventures, nature, and discovering new destinations. I use Google Maps daily as it allows me to quickly and easily find what I am looking for. I only learned about the Local Guides program recently, but have so far had a pleasant experience and enjoy contributing. I initially added a lot of my vacation photos and posted reviews about different tourist attractions, national parks, and hotels. But since I have also been regularly adding local reviews and plan on doing so with each business I discover. Having traveled quite a bit in my life, I understand that coming to a new city or country can be quite intimidating, so I hope my contributions to Google Maps make it a bit easier.

I am looking forward to meeting other passionate contributors at local events in Toronto!

Emmanuel

Anonymous
Not applicable

G'day everyone, I can't believe how many people from all over the world are on here!

I'm stoked to be a part of such a big community, here's a little about me.

1. Name: Lachlan Wells
  2. Location: Melbourne, Australia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: There are two things I love about being a local guide, adding new places to the map and helping to fight spam. I'm up to more than 700 edits now and I'm proud of the fact that I've helped small businesses compete with larger ones and helped my fellow Melburnians find businesses they can trust.
  4. I love to share: Writing reviews is always fun, it's pretty cool knowing that my opinion can be seen by so many people, so I usually tell a story about the place instead of just giving a one liner.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work in local SEO and discovered it in the course of my job. I now contribute to the Map in my own time because it's super easy and I care about the service being as robust as it can be. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm not usually one to boast but I'm pretty good on a Twister set. If I'm lucky enough to meet some of you in San Fran I'll gladly take you on!

Meeting the locals on French Island, VICMeeting the locals on French Island, VIC