Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Wendy Lo

2. Location: Brisbane, Australia

3. Why I enjoy being a Local Guide: I love being an active contributor to the community around me, especially as I have relocated to this city only a few years ago. A lot of international visitors visit Brisbane and I understand that Brisbane is trying to grow and get on the world map. With a much smaller population to Sydney and Melbourne, I feel the impact of my reviews and experiences is more valued. There are a lot of changes to shops and restaurants and it is important to keep these updated so future visitors do not get disappointed. It is also important to draw attention to great places so they can keep afloat and visitors to this city can enjoy them and have wonderful experiences.

4. Unique Characteristics: I'm a foodie so I go to many places to try new cafes and restaurants (Often, even locals haven't been) and I tell many people about them. From Eating Capital of the World - Hong Kong, my reviews are usually a more detailed description. (Facebook Friends have told me that it is Facebook and not Foodbook so I needed a place to check in to all of these). As I am a Latin dancer, I also visit many venues for workshops, classes, and socials that may be bars, restaurants, studios etc. It means I can access many many people that I meet and dance with and gives me a purpose to be exploring fanatically, especially when travelling.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  I had been monitoring the small amount of Google Reviews for some time and wishing more people would contribute to it (eatability was bought out by another company and that rating system didn't suit users, and tripadvisor always sends me emails telling me that my 1 review I had written has attracted 458 readers), I decided to look for more engagement with a company like Google. I actively found out about this program by searching.

6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a User Experience Designer so I actively ponder the world around me and seek to bring better experiences to all those around me. I'm always happy to be of help and have many friends and acquaintances who ask me questions about places I have been.

Exploring the World Around Me!Exploring the World Around Me!

Level 8

Introduce Myself

Hello My Virtual Community Members & Friends

• Name: Pankaj Sarkar
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I get to help people out by making sure information is correct and giving them pictures on google maps of things when possible. I love to share my experiences with others by local guide. 
  • I love to share: I love to share photos and review! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help makes me want to keep sharing. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about it through my phone app and got idea from my friends and internet.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I am 23 Years old and still single !!! 😛 Love traveling all over the world, I like discovering new areas to eat or take photos. I love PC gaming 🙂 and spend time for get technology up to date information on Internet. I also love camping, and I have completed Information and Communication technology course from England, UK.

I would like to share some travel and local guide experience from my journey. As a traveler I am getting help from google maps science few years back. I traveled few counties such as UK, France and recently visited in India again for South Asia meetup. When I posted my first London campus photo on google maps, it has got huge viewers. After that it has been interesting to me and tried to find how to involve and contribute more to google maps. Contributing to google local guides, I like to add new places, fix information. Mapping, reviewing, contributing and participating meetup are part of my life because I love to share my experiences with other people by virtually. I believe it will be helpful for others to get correct information.

Pankaj.pngFacetune (1).pngIMG_4304.JPG

BDLG 50th Meet upBDLG 50th Meet up

Level 9

1. Name: Wendy Lo
  2. Location: Brisbane, Australia
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide is about sharing my experiences and because many people always ask me about the best cafes, restaurants and venues I have been to, it is like excitedly talking to many future friends!
  4. I love to share: Brisbane is an evolving city. Often, due to a much smaller population than Sydney and Melbourne, shops and restaurants close down quickly. The nature of the city is very transient due to its popularity with overseas visitors as well so I like to keep on top of this and inform all the people I meet so they can have wonderful experiences while they last. I am also a very keen explorer (much more than the locals and overseas visitors in this city) so I often find places people do not know about. Due to my Latin dance background, my circles are very wide as I meet more and more people every day.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I had to research for a review site because eatability closed down and I didn't see much reward in tripadvisor, who always send me emails about the popularity of my one review on their site going to 458 visitors. I wanted something with more permanence and visibility and found it with Google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Coming from the Eating Capital of the World - Hong Kong, I am a foodie at heart and travel around to try different types of food. I have many friends that I meet through dance and often organise events for everyone to come along to. My ties with Latin dancing also gives me easy access to visit many bars, clubs, restaurants etc. to experience dance and meet new people at in many countries and cities.

Exploring the World Around Me!Exploring the World Around Me!

Level 7

1. Name: Vishal PrasadIMG_20151006_120410.jpg
  2. Location: New Delhi, India (originally from Bodhgaya, India) (currently in Nagaland)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I want to offer my knowledge about a place in helping other people  who are unaware about the local tourist spots, restaurants and local culture. When initially the Google satellite view was launched, it was so fascinating to see the imagery(like a bird viewing from the sky ), finding places and the houses, localities known to me on google maps. This intrigued me into getting more and more involved with the Local guides program. 
  4. I love to share: 360 photos are just a modern day revelations. One could almost visualize the world in different dimensions.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I dont remember though (maybe google maps i guess), it has been quite a while now on. Though this is my first post on Local guides connect.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am an Architecture student who loves to travel, meet people and have different types of cuisines, and click 360 photos and then upload on google maps. I have lived in 7-8 different cities in India for a period of more than 2 years in each of them and travelled to maybe 45-50 places in India in search of peace
Level 8

1. Name: Sanjeew Kumar Singh

2. Location: Durgapur, West Bengal, India

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: LG gives me a great opportunity to serve the community by sharing pictures, POIs, rating of various shop & amenities, my opinions about a place & exploring new places. I feel very happy that I am able to help others through LG.

4. I love to share: Pictures of locations taken by me. My Opinion about the places. POIs in my locality.

6. Fun Fact About Me: I am in deep love with some other products of Google too such as GSU (Google Sketchup), Google photos (erstwhile Panoramio), Picasa & Google docs. Due to my interest in these products, I have been able to make many friends worldwide.

Posting some Pix from GMM Asia Pacific Regional conference in 2012.

Jai HindJai Hind468443_532198973493542_1046114349_o (1).jpg45274_460884450614079_162360109_n.jpgIMG_6657 (1).JPG

Level 8

@vpr0901

Where your photo ???

Level 7

uploaded the photo. Thanks for pointing that out

Level 8

Re: Self Introduction - Kumi from Japan

Hi @KumikoI Your post has been moved to the right place.

Level 8

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name:  Sanjeew Kumar Singh     
  2. Location: Durgapur, West Bengal, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: LG gives me a great opportunity to serve the community by sharing pictures, POIs, rating of various shop & amenities, my opinions about a place & exploring  new places. I feel very happy that I am able to help others through LG.
  4. I love to share: Pictures of locations taken by me. My Opinion about the places. POIs in my locality.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Had been a Regional Lead (earlier RER- Regional Expert Reviewer) of Google Map Maker. An avid user of GMM since 2010 for editing Roads, streets, POIs any many such features. Connected with other friends working with Google maps. Had attended the • Asia Pacific - 2012 Map Maker Community Regional Conferences. Later in 2016 when GMM was announced to be closed I was directed by Google itself to use LG.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am in deep love with some other products of Google too such as GSU (Google Sketchup), Google photos (erstwhile Panoramio), Picasa & Google docs. Due to my interest in these products, I have been able to make many friends worldwide.

Jai HindJai Hind

Posting some pix of GMM Asia Pacific Regional Conference 2012

468443_532198973493542_1046114349_o (1).jpgIMG_6657 (1).JPGIMG_6667 (2).JPGIMG_6121.JPG45274_460884450614079_162360109_n.jpg

Level 8

Re: Introduce Myself

Hi @Pankaj_Sarkar Your post has been moved to the right place.