Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Warm greetings,

1. Name: Adriansyah Putera (Adrian)
  2. Location: Bengkulu, Indonesia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: it is my great pleasure to help many people out there especially independent travelers through my contributions.
  4. I love to share: I'm happy to share my photos, knowledge and travel experiences from both good and bad places that I have visited. I also love adding new places, photos, checking the facts and uncovering missing information from places that I have visited.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: through Google Maps.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography, nature walk and writing. The five words that describe me the best are: patient, dedicated, parent, social and simple.

Cheers,

Adrian 

Me & my family - Fun Mt. Kaba HikeMe & my family - Fun Mt. Kaba Hike

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 9

Hello Local Guides community,

1. Name: Nima
  2. Location: Tehran, Iran
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It’s motivating for having a positive impact on local community and global life of people by saving their time or money with helping them make a better decision, this is my primary objective of voluntarily contribution. In the century of mobile users, my photos, reviews, edits, moderation and Google Street View tours in Google Maps help consumers to make right choices on the go, and this makes me proud. Last but not least, defending Google Maps policies against daily spammers is a challenge that energizing me!
  4. I love to share: Achieving success by sharing higher quality and quantitative of local knowledge and information about places is my personal commitment toward transforming the world to a better place. Improving quality and accuracy of Google Maps with continues evaluation, editing, adding photos, finding discrepancies and doing corrections are my sharing.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After I proudly joined Google Map Maker on 2011, I got to know the passionate Google team that inspired me to be an exciting member of City Experts program (Local Guide) on 2014 and Google Street View on 2015.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: History, culture, travel, nature and camping are my favorites, especially when I accompanied with my lovely wife by much of excitements. As I’m naturally very social it helps me expanding my network easier for knowledge sharing and innovations. Always curious about Google new products and project development that it's so charming! nima-local-guides.jpg

Level 9

Hi @NimaJafari

Welcome to LG Connect. Thanks for sharing your nice introduction!

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

IMG_20160713_143117.jpg

1. Name: Natalka Ryaba
  2. Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I'm glad to be a part of great mission that Google does. I help people and I improve my self, at the same time. It's incredible! 
  4. I love to share: I like to describe places, post comments. I can tell people about my experience. I love to add beautiful photos. I make photos every time I visit new places. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I traveled I made some pictures and Google Maps application proposed to add my photos to map. I did it. After a while I've got a message that my photos became popular. I was very suprised and exited. It inspired me to add new pictures and add descriptions again and again. And then the application proposed me to become a Local Google Guide. I was very happy about this!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I do yoga, I like to travel and I have a cute (very long!!!) dachshund Dozi. 
Level 10

Welcome @NatalkaR, great to have you here on LGC.

@NatalkaR wrote:

IMG_20160713_143117.jpg

1. Name: Natalka Ryaba
  2. Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I'm glad to be a part of great mission that Google does. I help people and I improve my self, at the same time. It's incredible! 
  4. I love to share: I like to describe places, post comments. I can tell people about my experience. I love to add beautiful photos. I make photos every time I visit new places. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I traveled I made some pictures and Google Maps application proposed to add my photos to map. I did it. After a while I've got a message that my photos became popular. I was very suprised and exited. It inspired me to add new pictures and add descriptions again and again. And then the application proposed me to become a Local Google Guide. I was very happy about this!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I do yoga, I like to travel and I have a cute (very long!!!) dachshund Dozi. 

Level 10

Hello @NimaJafari, welcome to LGC.

@NimaJ wrote:

Hello Local Guides community,

1. Name: Nima
  2. Location: Tehran, Iran
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It’s motivating for having a positive impact on local community and global life of people by saving their time or money with helping them make a better decision, this is my primary objective of voluntarily contribution. In the century of mobile users, my photos, reviews, edits, moderation and Google Street View tours in Google Maps help consumers to make right choices on the go, and this makes me proud. Last but not least, defending Google Maps policies against daily spammers is a challenge that energizing me!
  4. I love to share: Achieving success by sharing higher quality and quantitative of local knowledge and information about places is my personal commitment toward transforming the world to a better place. Improving quality and accuracy of Google Maps with continues evaluation, editing, adding photos, finding discrepancies and doing corrections are my sharing.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After I proudly joined Google Map Maker on 2011, I got to know the passionate Google team that inspired me to be an exciting member of City Experts program (Local Guide) on 2014 and Google Street View on 2015.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: History, culture, travel, nature and camping are my favorites, especially when I accompanied with my lovely wife by much of excitements. As I’m naturally very social it helps me expanding my network easier for knowledge sharing and innovations. Always curious about Google new products and project development that charming me! nima-local-guides.jpg

Level 10

Thanks a million @Lakshay for your compliments - I appreciate! Sure, I will do my best to keep smiling always. Cheers.

@LakshayN wrote:

Hi @SanyaOdare

You have a really good smile. Keep Smiling Always 🙂

And Welcome to the community 🙂

Level 5

Hi Every one !!!

Name : Baddis

What I like to be a local guide :  I love to Photograph and write comments.

Why ? Because it’s a own satisfaction to help other to find the best spots.

My specialty is to find news places, restaurants that don't appear on google maps.

How did I hear about local guides :

I have sought a good restaurant and i have found one thanks to the opinion and the photo that were posted on google maps, and it’s when I’ve understood that I could help other people too.

Fun Fact about me :

I’ve always liked to help others, and I have always full of ideas to remake the world.

DSC_0070 2.jpg

Level 10

Hi @modernteaist, you're welcome to LGC. What a great collection of pictures you've got!!!

@MichaelW wrote:

Hey all!

I'm Michael Weissman, a local guide in Los Angeles, though I travel quite a bit and always make sure to leave reviews wherever I go.

I love contributing to Maps, and use it primarily to create fun travel itineraries and help people with real reviews from local spots.  My favorite spots are usually local favorites, or any of "the best" certain foods from different areas.

I'm also a theme park enthusiast, and have recently completed the world tour of Disney parks, and of course left thorough reviews of the attractions and lands in each park.

I really like the idea of local guides, and feel I can trust those reviews more so than on yelp or tripadvisor.  I'm always happy when I look up a place and see a "local guide" review listed 🙂

Great to digitally meet you all, and feel free to reach out!

17239972_10100599492060076_7983867656550372521_o.jpg

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017 I'm NEW! Hello World

1. Name: Monica 
  2. Location: Dallas Texas, USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information. I also get to share my photography skills with others.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Came across local guides on my own, was using maps one day and it had add contribution from there i added my reviews and did my research on it and become a local guides lover so i joined. 🙂 Best Thing Ever
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere I go and also love to fly. Oh and i love telling puns jokes. Life is short, laugh a little. It burns calories. :16472892_10154401628425888_1086487939459596350_n.jpgNoodles at LACMANoodles at LACMA