GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

I can guess that google team felt the requirement of LG forum to address the contribution of guys like you @individual8. Thanks a lot for letting us know about yourself. 

@DavidS wrote:
  1. Name: David
  2. Location: Hamburg, Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love contributing to a great product which is Google Maps. 
  4. I love to share: Traveling can be hard at times. Having a guide that shares great insights is like being joined by a good friend.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I joined Local Guides early on, since I wrote reviews even before Local Guides existed.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm addicted to maps and collect printed maps from every place I visit.

IMG_20160813_141720.jpg

Level 8

Good job! Nice to see you here Amir,

Ali

Level 8

@Amiran or @AmirN??

Level 8

@JafferA wrote:
  1. Name: Jaffer
  2. Location: Bahrain
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Generally, I love engaging with people who look for information, I enjoy helping everyone, and especially when it comes to new technology! I think helping others nowadays is not limited to ordinary jobs, it includes everything you provide to others with good intentions, and that includes making valuable information available to all people around the world. I remember I was once going out of my car and heading to my office, which was in the middle of a business area full of buildings and towers. Just before I enter the building, someone stopped me to ask about a company he wanted to visit and he said it was somewhere around. At that moment I was thinking of a way just to help him, even If I can get half the information, then suddenly I had an idea! I took my phone out of my pocket and opened Google Maps and typed the name of that company, and surprise! The building was less than 100 meters away! At that moment I realized the importance of that piece of information which saved the time and effort for both of us, and the guy was so happy.
  4. I love to share: I enjoy taking a photo and editing it, and finally sharing the best version of it! I love sharing as much as possible of photos from many angles, because it gives more insights to show the whole place. Photos -along with the other pieces of information- help a lot in deciding whether to visit that place or not, when, and how. The type that I love most is the panoramic photos.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I remember seeing an information pop up or message through the Google Maps App, and I always get curious about new things from Google, so I spent my time reading and exploring this new interesting concept 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I don't like football ><

Below is my personal photo, and one of my favorite photos (focus on both ends of the picture and you will notice an inspiring contrast).

Photo.JPG

DEF8C322-A552-49AB-B94B-BC5768EB09D3.jpg

I hope you enjoyed reading my post 🙂

Hi Jaffer @JafferA

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect. I certainly enjoyed reading the intro and liked the Panoramic photo.

Cheers. 

Level 8

@LenaW wrote:
  1. Name: Lena
  2. Location: New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Google Maps has traveled the world with me; I always try to walk or use public transportation to truly learn a new place, and I've marked all these places on my Google Maps app. As a local guide, I love contributing useful content for other users, and people can travel the world with me.
  4. I love to share: reviews (especially for restaurants). I am a foodie, and I wanted to regularly write alongside my professional and academic writing.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: My best friend's sister and fellow foodie as one of the original Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am an urban beekeeper and have extensive knowledge about honeys from around the world.

goog nyc.jpg

Hi Lena @LenaWu

Wow. Breathtaking photo. Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Bee keeping must be interesting. I am a bit scared of bees as once it bit me hard on my face. Oouch 🙂

Cheers

Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello @Son_of_Nun

Welcome my brother to the forum. 

Regards

JonasK

@JoshuaE wrote:

Hello fellow local guides.

Name: Joshua

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Love it when someone actually has to rely on my contributions to gain knowledge about a place. It's amazing.

I love to share: My travel experiences and provide accurate and relevant information about what makes a place unique.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Using map maker made me fall in love with mapping on Google, and then all of a sudden after taking a recess of about two years from it, I get online to my usual map maker, oh God! it was no more, I was redirected to Local Guides, which still was a great idea because I feel in charge.

Fun Fact About Me: I love kids, when I travel and meet kids who are talented, then know my journey was sucessful. 

lake kyoga.JPG

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi @Son_of_Nun

Welcome to the forum. Proud to see you around.

Regards

JonasK

@JoshuaE wrote:

Hello fellow local guides.

Name: Joshua

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Love it when someone actually has to rely on my contributions to gain knowledge about a place. It's amazing.

I love to share: My travel experiences and provide accurate and relevant information about what makes a place unique.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Using map maker made me fall in love with mapping on Google, and then all of a sudden after taking a recess of about two years from it, I get online to my usual map maker, oh God! it was no more, I was redirected to Local Guides, which still was a great idea because I feel in charge.

Fun Fact About Me: I love kids, when I travel and meet kids who are talented, then know my journey was sucessful. 

lake kyoga.JPG

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 8

@Badruddeen Thanks! I've never been stung by a bee and will find a way to share the beekeeping part of my life with the Local Guides community.
Level 8

@LenaW wrote:
@Badruddeen Thanks! I've never been stung by a bee and will find a way to share the beekeeping part of my life with the Local Guides community.

Hi @LenaWu

That would be awesome. Thank you. 🙂

Cheers

Level 8

Share your experience being Local Guide

Hey!

It has been 2 years since I started contributing in Google Maps.

Frankly saying in my area, there was very less information available. Hardly any place was visible on Google Map. I initially added 2-3 places but result was amazing from people and from Google as well.

People were actually searching for those places, they were amazed finding information so easily. Routes/cafe/shops/restaurant/general stores, so many places I started adding and then I started uploading photos and there were so many views that was huge inspiration for me and for my fellow local guides.

and Google keep on updating my level and new star was visible against my name.

Till today I have uploaded 1500+ photos and there are over 7.5 million+ views, that gives me great inspiration and motivation.

Let's listen experience from our fellow Local Guides.

RohitKumarBirla