Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello fellow Local Guides!

1. Name: Merjz (Dodong Usyot)

2. Location: General Santos City, Philippines

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping the community in adding and correcting places, reviewing them if possible & then adding photos so that guest & fellow local guide may have an initial background of that place and also to share my photos around the globe.

4. I love to share: I really love sharing photos, in places that I’ve been, in the urban areas, the country side even in the far flung mountainous side of the country.

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I’m a Google Earth enthusiast and also a Panoramio user back then, after the closure of their website, I was introduced to Google Maps Local Guides, and ever since I enjoyed the program and continues to contribute.

6. Fun Fact About Me: If I go to new places, with a camera in my hand, I never stop capturing photos until the battery drains.GOPR8510.MP4_snapshot_01.50_[2015.11.10_21.32.46].jpg

Level 8

Thanks for Joining Google Local Guide & Make new contribute in world....

Level 5

@OlegKostyukevich Ок, супер!

Level 8

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ you are awesome. 

Level 8

@DodongUsyot Looks awesome!! 

Level 10

Hello all Local Guides from allover the world, This is me:Me.jpg

1. Name: Amir
  2. Location: Tehran, Iran
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to help users and tourists for better routing and commuting and to introduce best places to others.
  4. I love to share: With more than 26K points and being community moderator of Iran, this is obvious that I really love to add and edit places to add information. Specially I like to correct the places based on the rules and make the map accurate and clean. Also I try to use "Check the Facts" to moderate edits based on the rules and accuracy.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After 7 years working on Maps and Map Maker and reviewing edits of other users as a Regional Lead, I found that Local Guides is new part of contributing in Maps and this was really amazing for me to help others in this way, also by reviews and photos. So I joined to the program since it's beginning.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Science, Culture and Arts are my field of interests. About locations I really love Cultural Heritages, Museums, Natural attractions, Malls and I like restaurants 😉 I try to find and visit these locations everywhere I go. I'm a bit shy person but new methods of Maps which brought the map to social, forced me to introduce myself to others even to the world in the community and meet-ups 😄 This is hard for me but finally I did and try to continue it.
Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 7

Hello everyone 🙂  

1. Name: Mohamed El-Tahan.
  2. Location: Alexandria, Egypt.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that the photos I used to take randomly of places I visit can now be put to good use and actually help people, and also have audience for them. Also seeing that your slightest contribution can actually make a difference is a boost of one’s morale.
  4. I love to share: Mainly I love sharing photos, and I also like adding  and editing places. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I can’t remember exactly but I think it was via a notification from the google maps app. After I added a photo to a place. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a poor sense of direction and I used to get lost all the time before having google maps.

15781228_10158058237770341_5796911181408242372_n.jpg

Level 7

1. Name: David
  2. Location: Hamburg, Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love contributing to a great product which is Google Maps. 
  4. I love to share: Traveling can be hard at times. Having a guide that shares great insights is like being joined by a good friend.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I joined Local Guides early on, since I wrote reviews even before Local Guides existed.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm addicted to maps and collect printed maps from every place I visit.

IMG_20160813_141720.jpg

Level 10

@Amiran Love to see your photo.

Level 7

Introduce Yourself

Hello fellow local guides.

Name: Joshua

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Love it when someone actually has to rely on my contributions to gain knowledge about a place. It's amazing.

I love to share: My travel experiences and provide accurate and relevant information about what makes a place unique.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Using map maker made me fall in love with mapping on Google, and then all of a sudden after taking a recess of about two years from it, I get online to my usual map maker, oh God! it was no more, I was redirected to Local Guides, which still was a great idea because I feel in charge.

Fun Fact About Me: I love kids, when I travel and meet kids who are talented, then know my journey was sucessful. 

lake kyoga.JPG