GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Amit Regmi
  2. Location: Tokyo, Japan (originally from Nepal)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions is helping thousangs of foreign people living in Tokyo everyday!
  4. I love to share: I love to visit places, add and edit shops that have less information in english
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google recommend me to be local guide. LOL
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local places, food, everywhere I go and also love to travel (as a passenger and as a driverphoto.jpg)
Level 1

A Reply and Introduction of myself on this Google Local Guides Forum in the month of April 2017

1. Name: Jesse P.
  2. Location: Orange County, California USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Nothing yet, I do not know it and it does not know me however, in time... we shall see.
  4. I love to share: My real, first-hand personal experiences. The good and the bad ones, as it pertains to product, services, facilities customer relations and so on. Always remembering to have at least 2 positives for every 1 negative, well at least try to.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I experienced a company's service, I made a review and posted pictures; a few thousand views later Google sent an invite. That posting is now over 10,000.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I... spent the last 15 minutes thinking how to answer this one without being negative. That then became my "Fun Fact", has anything else would only lead to darkness.... See!? like that almost did

Bonus Round! Ready? GO!!!

• Age and D.O. B.? 31 and June 29
  • Music Preferences(list 2-4 if you can)? Country(new and old), Trance/Techno, Symphonic, Rock
  • Favorite Meal/Dish/Food? Butter!
  • Favorite Col... Wait! What?! Your Favorite Food is Butter? Like Seriously, come on, you're kidding, right? Nope, It is Butter through and through, either in its raw or clarified state.  
  • Okay! The "Last Meal Request" question. You can request anything you want to eat, but after that, it's lights out! Let me guess.... Butter? umm no, how about like a Cheese Sandwich, with a one and kind Cheese made just for this meal, served cold, on white, with yellow mustard and mayo with a pickle on the side. 
  • SEriously?! Okay, I give up, you're crazy... Right? Well just a little, to be carrying on this Q/A conversation this long, by myself. But yeah, Cheese Sandwich, think about it: Some Cheeses can take up to 40 years to make from start to finish... OH!!! YupThat's me right there, for a Print Ad that had me in my Apartment Wood Workshop. Too many details to give and seriously doubt anyone caresThat's me right there, for a Print Ad that had me in my Apartment Wood Workshop. Too many details to give and seriously doubt anyone cares

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hai @MohammedA welcome to local guide ....

Level 10

Hi.  Already probably represented myself here, I will tell again

1. Name: Oleg ( Олег)
    2. Location: Rivne ,Ukraine
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others explore the Ukraine and the  world.  My photos have more 25 of millions of views already, I take more 1000 panoramas. I am Trusted Photographer.
    4. I love to share: Posting photos
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I have been editing maps for a long time, first in a Map Maker, now together with the communities of local guides that I moderate in Ukraine.  Ukraine  local guides - https://goo.gl/mp1Zpj   Kyiv Local Guides - https://goo.gl/Pr4a0L   Rivne Local Guides - https://goo.gl/LVR4eO
    6. Fun Fact About Me: I spent two years doing the panorama of the park near the house, walking with my dog. Then came the streterviev car  and photographed everything))Ukraine Local GuidesUkraine Local Guides

IMG_20140407_155304.jpg

2016-05-21 15.24.03.jpg

Connect Moderator

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hi I'm Paul Pavlinovich from Melbourne in Australia. I've been in Local Guides for quite a while and achieved L5 quite some time ago. Last year I had the great opportunity to attend #lgsummit16 and meet up with the 75 others fortunate enough to go.

I'm in Local Guides for a few reasons, I use maps and I like them to be right and up to date - rather than simply depend on others to do this I spend my own time and do the best I can. I visit plenty of places so I always add photos and reviews to help other people in the same way that they help me. Apparently according to Stickman I'm an inspriation :). I've also uploaded loads of 360's and made some connected trails on walking trails near me using StreetView. In addition to LG I'm a Trusted Street View Photographer. I do have to work but I also am a volunteer in Scouts and on a Steam Railway where I undertake track inspections. Service for others defines my life pretty well. One of my passions is photography and this weekend is the #36walk - search the meetup calendar for details or look at this MyMap to find a city near you - there are 27 to choose from - something I could not have done on my own, only through Local Guides has this been possible. I regularly get encouragement from my mate @TraciC that pushes me along and keeps me enthusiastic.

Have you got your #lgsummit17 application in yet? If you're eligible make sure you apply - it's an amazing experience.

Capture.PNG

Level 8

Hi Ann Marie  @Ann-MarieS

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect family. Wow! Your photos are amazing. Zanzibar is on my bucket list. I hope to visit there one day. 

Cheers.

@Ann-MarieS wrote:
  1. Name: Ann-Marie 
  2. Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that I can be part of community that can share information about local places. And being from Tanzania where there is still not much data on Google maps I love being able to contribute for my country 
  4. I love to share: Everything! I add places, make edits, add photos (love 360 on street view!), write reviews and check the facts! I love it all. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I use to map maker mostly for adding roads (PS I hope I can one day do that again for Tanzania!) and after it was stopped I found out about local guides and have been loving it!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love adventure! I hiked the Kilimanjaro, sky dived in Namibia and scuba dive in the Indian Ocean. 
  7. Sossusvlei, NamibiaSossusvlei, Namibia

Clanwilliam, South AfricaClanwilliam, South Africa

Zanzibar, TanzaniaZanzibar, Tanzania

Level 10

Level 8

Name: Sujit Nandi
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Learn to share my experience with other.
I love to share: Sharing experience that I feel to the world is more fun. Guide to people in real world - Specially in Education and corporate sector, world Environment, Global warming, Food for poor kids like Akshaya Patra kitchen
How did I hear about Local Guides: Google
Fun Fact About Me:  Traveling to new places with friends and family. Love to cook and try for new food.  I am working to design for education and corporate infrastructure, for Animals & the Environment...

MumbaiMumbaiBelur, KolkataBelur, KolkataAhmedabad, GujaratAhmedabad, GujaratMarathon RajkotMarathon RajkotRace-course, RajkotRace-course, RajkotHome made Bengali  food- 'Khichuri  with Mach Bhaja'"Home made Bengali food- 'Khichuri with Mach Bhaja'"Bhai Dooj(भाई दूज) / Bhai Phonta(ভাইফোঁটা) : festival celebrated by Hindus of IndiaBhai Dooj(भाई दूज) / Bhai Phonta(ভাইফোঁটা) : festival celebrated by Hindus of IndiaFun with kidsFun with kidsMake -and-EatMake -and-EatSomnath, GujaratSomnath, GujaratDuuny points beyt-dwarka, GujaratDuuny points beyt-dwarka, Gujarathave a funhave a funSun TempleSun TempleScreenshot 2017-04-01 10.18.54.pngMumbaiMumbai

Level 10

Welcome to Local Guides.

@RafiqN @BrunoAlmeida @Arif Hossaini @CrackmacsC 

Level 9

Welcome to the world's largest family