GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Leslie Meyer
  2. Location: Berlin, Germany (originally from Indiana - USA)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the ability to allow people to make informed decisions about where they eat and purchase products. As an expat living abroad there are so many times that Google Maps has helped me make a better decision on such simple things as where to buy proper toothpaste to more complicated things like which DHL location was the most reliable and had the shortest waiting times so that I could get my US presidential ballot in on time and safely.
  4. I love to share: Opinions on which Doner Kebab shops in Berlin are the best - To an American who moved abroad I miss Mexican food as much as the next person. To me Kebab is the next closet thing to that - and seriously this and beer are the two things Berliners care about the most. I also like to provide updates for opening times and dates because in Germany it is not always intuitive about when shops are open.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about Local Guides from another member at the Berlin Google Guides event and thought - well I have already jumped really far down the Google Maps rabbit hole - why not take it a step further 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a large pez collection with over 500 different pez dispensers - including a pez gun from the 1950s, various automated ones, as well as pez flavored popcorn. But the real fun fact is that when I was 10 years old I saved up my allowance for a year to go to the pez convention in Ohio - and I still have and wear the t-shirt from the pez convention.

Leslie.jpg

Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Vincent
  2. Location: Hengelo, Overijssel, The Netherlands (also frequently Wapenveld, Gelderland, The Netherlands)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: An excuse to go outdoors, see the world, and helping people out with useful information at the same time.
  4. I love to share: I like taking pictures, and often upload a picture of a place if I go there. I have also edited a lot of places (names, websites, categories etc.)
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Gee, that was a while ago... It must have been on Google Maps itself or in an e-mail from Google.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I play Geocaching, a GPS-based outdoor locating game that also brings me to a lot of places. I often go to the Czech Republic for the holidays. Oh, and I'm a software developer.

I have now also posted some pictures of me.

Level 8

Nice to see you here LG

Level 8

1. Name: Tomás Czurylo
  2. Location: Alicante / Spain
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others explore the world.  I love the fact that my photos and other contributions have a Impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!  im Street View Photographer from years ago, and I still feel new to local guides.
  4. I love to share: Mainly love posting picture of locations
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through Google Maps, Google Street View trusted program. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography 

tomas-czurylo-500px.jpg

Level 2

1. Name: Rebekka
  2. Location: Cologne, Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like giving input and hopefully my Guides can help other people.
  4. I love to share: I love to share pictures, add and edit places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google asked me if I want to become a Local Guide. It's new to Germany so I said: Why not be one?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new places and take pictures and I like to travel a lot.
  7. WhatsApp Image 2017-01-19 at 16.23.14.jpeg
Level 10

Hello Co-Guides,

1. Name: Chandramohan Kuncham
  2. Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Take the pictures of the places i go! Discover new places and locations which arent on map, try correct the info if any. 
  4. I love to share: the places and locations I visit and the photos of the food special to that place and of course photos of the places as well.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:   I am honestly speaking I became Local Guide without my knowledge. Google Maps is such a smart and intelligent app prompted me, persuaded me and encouraged me to share about my experiences on our Google Maps. Later I found it interesting and realised its gonna be helpful for others too, became very active and eventually I became level 5 Local Guide now.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am normally quite reserved but if i find it interesting and something useful then i find so much to share and to talk.
Chandramohan kuncham
Level 2

1. Name: Honey   
  2. Location: Illinois but very close to STL MO.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a local guide it like warning people or giving the community the insight of an establishment.
  4. I love to share: I do like to share my experience whether it is good or bad
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: It just popped up on my phone, and I started answering the question I'm new at this still learning how to be an excellent guide

Level 5

1. Name: Phill
  2. Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like that I have more of a reason to try to places and things, and that I can be helping people in the process 
  4. I love to share: I like to search areas in the app and then search the internet or call the businesses to find out the missing information or to check the existing information.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: through random happenstance I got a notification on my phone that I should rate and review stuff in the maps app and noticed this whole wonderful service the Google offers.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I like to try new foods whenever I can, I'm also an avid metal worker for my day job I do tool and die work and for fun I blacksmith

Level 2

Hello, Chandramohan Kuncham

I agree with you I also got involved with being a local guide without knowledge but I found it is fun and often you are commenting on it anyway when talking about the places you've  been or discussing with your friends, this way you are sharing your experience with a wider audience. It's also a great way of meeting new people and a chance to learn about different cultures.

Level 8

Re: Hello World!

Nice to see you here LG