Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Thank you.
AtulP
Level 8

Hi @bharathgup

Welcome to the community 🙂

The photos are nice 😉

It will be very great of you if you can introduce yourself to this common thread.

Thanks!

Life is short, Give as much as you can!
Level 8

Hi guys, I'm glad to meed you all! Here's my short story. 🙂

Name: Stefan
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Contributing to Maps helps a lot, helps many people and leads to better choices in terms of place choosing and more. It's a great community which brings a lot of people toghether to making this world friendlier and better known.
I love to share: I admit I love the share everything I can and I know. Reviews? Of course. Photos? Sure - Sometimes I walk trough the city with the camera in my hand shooting every place to add photos and share them with the world!
How did I hear about Local Guides: I was using Maps almost on a daily basis, and then I started to add reviews. Then I wanted to add a place I knew about, and found about Local Guides. I signed in and never looked back. Since then I was and I am an active Local Guide. I'm not stopping either.
Fun Fact About Me: I like to observe the world around me and travel. This also leads to more info on Maps, but also to more people looking weird sometimes at me while I photograph every single thing to have more images to share with you.

20170101_141750.jpg

Level 8

Introduction Yourself-April 2017

1. Name: Atul Pandey.

2. Location: Vadodara-India.

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I would like to say correct information so that new travellers save their time and money, this is satisfaction for me that one day I will be benefited in same way.

4. I love to share: I wish to share locations, update and mark on map genuinely about new places where I have already visited.

5. How did I hear about Local: It was surprise mail to me from Google that now I have become a Google guide. Otherwise I was keen to update and post on Google map to help new to  travellers.

6. Fun Fact about Me: I love to travel new adventures places and use to document details.

Candolim beachCandolim beach

AtulP
Level 8

Hi guys, I'm glad to meed you all! Here's my short story. 🙂

Name: Stefan
What do I love about being a Local Guide: Contributing to Maps helps a lot, helps many people and leads to better choices in terms of place choosing and more. It's a great community which brings a lot of people together to making this world friendlier and better known.
I love to share: I admit I love the share everything I can and I know. Reviews? Of course. Photos? Sure - Sometimes I walk trough the city with the camera in my hand shooting every place to add photos and share them with the world!
How did I hear about Local Guides: I was using Maps almost on a daily basis, and then I started to add reviews. Then I wanted to add a place I knew about, and found about Local Guides. I signed in and never looked back. Since then I was and I am an active Local Guide. I'm not stopping either.
Fun Fact About Me: I like to observe the world around me and travel. This also leads to more info on Maps, but also to more people looking weird sometimes at me while I photograph every single thing to have more images to share with you. 

20170101_141750.jpg

Spoiler
I tried to post this earlier but it doesn't show, don't know why... 🙂 

Level 9

@travenesia yes the lakes are amazing! Lovely green forest mountains with lakes. 

@travenesia wrote:

Hi @TimBull,

I wish I can visit Lake District someday, I only ended up in Wales at last.

Cheers!

@TimB wrote:
  1. Name: Tim Bull
  2. Location: Manchester UK (and some times in the Isle of Man!)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I really love maps! quite obsessed really. Really love adding to maps, showing people a top tip about a place. 
  4. I love to share: new locations to explore! or day trips out from Manchester. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Really enjoyed using google + and just stumbled on it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a small obsession with old Maps and Castles! 

IMG_20160102_120526.jpg

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 9

@Kamalhasnainee I've been using the forum a few weeks. But it's good to be plublic. Just hope i don't get lost with all the other people applying. 

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 6

1. Name: Josh (I have several nicknames: Ryoko, Ryo, and Big PaPa)
  2. Location: Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor/Flint, MI, USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Still waiting to do a few brewery tour meetup's, so I can't comment yet.
  4. I love to share: Stories. Just getting a good beer or Scotch and talking about whatever, nothing political or religious though, as that tends to divide people, Blue Lodge rules (^_-)
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got an email about it and thought it would be fun to meetup with people and learn and explore the area. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a glorious beard.

unnamed.jpg156.JPG100_0215.JPG

Level 10

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name: Prasun Kumar Basu
  2. Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:There is happiness in the fact that my contribution today may help those in need of it tomorrow by the great mission and noble venture of Google in making the world a global village.
  4. I love to share: I love to add Hospitals/ Nursing Homes/Public Utility Services and Schools/Colleges/Universities with complete information. Moreover, I try to add Hotels/Restaurants/Shops on the day of inauguration in addition to sharing scarce places.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: In real life being benefited a lot from Google Maps in times of crisis, I used it for the first time and Google’s suggestion to be a local guide appeared on my cell phone and I accepted it as a part of my moral duty.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am getting addicted to Google Maps having an immense passion.

From above the skyFrom above the skyEnjoying at BANGKOKEnjoying at BANGKOKDudhsagar Falls, GOADudhsagar Falls, GOAHowrah BridgeHowrah BridgeEden Gardens, KolkataEden Gardens, KolkataAt Safari World, BangkokAt Safari World, BangkokTinchuley, West BengalTinchuley, West BengalDudhsagar FallsDudhsagar FallsInside PlaneInside PlaneDURGAPUJA FESTIVALDURGAPUJA FESTIVALElephant Shower, Spice Garden, GoaElephant Shower, Spice Garden, Goa

Level 5

Hello World!

I like to introduce myself:

1. Name: Leire
  2. Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz (SPAIN)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to look the earth like something easily achievable wherever you go, you can find a review, a photo, an advice. It's fantastic!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos from unusual points of view. I put my camera on the floor or I climb to the top. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used to make searchs in my computer, before making a trip, but when I discover the Local Guides programme, I installed de app in my celular and started sharing wherever I go, I really enjoy with it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new places. I admit that I use Google Maps to visit new places when I can't travel. 🙂

leiremarin.jpg