GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hi @MegumiK

Nice sculpture you have shared with us.... very nice...! Thank you for this.

@MegumiK wrote:

Name: Meg
What do I love about being a local guide: being able to help those that are in need of advice without having them search the web tirelessly for relevant information. 
I love to share: hole in the wall places I feel that requires more attention from locals and travelers.
How did I hear about Local Guides: I learned about it after a colleague shared me an article about how Google has been giving incentive for users that contribute to improving the quality and reliability of Google Maps. We always like to discuss about innovative things that other startups do and get inspiration from them, and Local Guides has been one of them. We have been keeping the habit of writing reviews for every place we go.
Fun Fact About Me: I am obsessed with totebags and have been collecting a lot of them. I would rather have 10,000+ new tote bags from around the world than own an expensive designer bag

IMG_0499.JPG

Keep sharing with us like this, Thank you.. @MegumiK.

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 1

Re: Introduce yourself - April 2017

Hey G !

Nice to meet you !  I just joined today am excited about being a local guide. I love to travel, small AND large ! And I go BONKERS at photo apps !  I have lived in Tennessee, Arkansas, and then took a big leap over to Hawaii.  Also, when my parents retired, they lived in San Diego , CA and traveled north up Highway 1, making it into Canada, when they decided to move to Vancouver Island, BC; so I visited and traveled a lot  there as well.  Just got back from visiting my nursing friend in Kelowna, BC.  Have done cross country skiing in  Whistler, Lake Louise and Banff, Canada.  In fact,  while working in a hospital in a beachside community on Oahu, Hi, a lot of the nurses were married to men in the service, as the Kaneohe, Marine Corps Base was right there, with the marines flying overhead or landing in view from where I lived.  When theBlue Angels flew over head I could wave to them from my backyard, well sort of, I think they were too fast to catch my wave!  Speaking of Waves, I thought Hawaii was the place for some serious pros, until I was at a family reunion in Malibu, California,  and my sister got such great shots Of Kelly Slater, he asked her to email the shots to him !  But nothing touches having your nursing friends all over the US and some from Switzerland, Australia, Korea,the Philippines (including those speaking Ilocano), Samoa , Japan, the Marshallese Islands, Laotia, Micronesia, and Vietnamese. And when the nurses travel with their men, traveling from one base to another, talk about worldwide connections ! WOW

Level 5

Greetings good people of the world...I'm a Local Guide based in Cape Town (April 2017)

I'm Andrew based in Cape Town, South Africa.

As a Local Guide I'm able to help people understand places before they travel or head out for a meal. Because we live in a ever-changing world, keeping up-to-speed on what's new, hip and happening is important to me. I first became familiar with Google Local Guides through some work on the Google See Inside feature.

Travel is the best form of education.  If it doesn't teach you something new or introduce you to an interesting person, it should at least inspire you to educate yourself on new cultures, different foods, various languages etc.

This is me and my son
"Don't grow up!""Don't grow up!"

Level 9

Re: Greetings good people of the world...I'm a Local Guide based in Cape Town (April 2017)

Hey @AndrewF

Welcome to LG connect.

Nice to meet you!

@AndrewF wrote:

I'm Andrew based in Cape Town, South Africa.

As a Local Guide I'm able to help people understand places before they travel or head out for a meal. Because we live in a ever-changing world, keeping up-to-speed on what's new, hip and happening is important to me. I first became familiar with Google Local Guides through some work on the Google See Inside feature.

Travel is the best form of education.  If it doesn't teach you something new or introduce you to an interesting person, it should at least inspire you to educate yourself on new cultures, different foods, various languages etc.

I also believe in helping people to understand before they travel........!

Very nice ..! Thanks for sharing.

KamalHasnainee

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 7

Snapshot _ Val in Front of the Calder in Grand Rapids.png

Greetings from Michigan (and Colorado)!

I maintain a home on the river in Lansing and travel regularly throughout the Lansing area and the rest of Pure Michigan.  The remainder of my time is spent in Colorado (2nd Home) and traveling for business & pleasure.  I'm passionate about Outdoor Recreation (ps. I ride a Unicycle 5MI a day), Entertainment, the Arts and of course, Food!

My company specializes in #VirtualReality (#VR), #AugmentedReality (#AR) & Digital Signage Solutions and I am excited by Google's recent Google Earth #VR upgrade.  I'm currently looking to upgrade my existing #3D Camera and #Drone, to enable the capture of 'Studio Quality' #3D Picture and Video content for both the business and inclusion in Google Maps / Earth & Local Guides.

The picture at left is of my VR Avatar, in front of the La Grande Vitesse by Alexander Calder on the Calder Plaza in Grand Rapids, MI

Level 9

Hi @NANCYT

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

If you have an interesting story from a place where you have a photo, you can share that with us. It would be good if you Introduce Yourself - April 2017.in details about you reply and following by previous format of any introduction. After that introduction you can explore a number of threads which you may find helpful for navigating Connect in general. Good luck.

KamalHasnainee

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Hi @DenisG

Nice to meet you. We are very happy to see you here!

We have got a friend from Bulgaria.

Thanks for sharing..!

KamalHasnainee

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Thanks Gus, For this updated thread !!

Indroducing myself 🙂 like you 🙂

Name: Saumendra
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to explore unknown places of interest and list them into Local Guides. It makes huge value for many people who are really searching. It saves million hours of time.

I love to share: I too love to add and edit places that I knew. Adding and editing relevant facts for the Places I visit makes me more enriched on the place itself.

How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Mapmaker is very much familiar to me when it was launched in India. Since then I have been Contributing as much as I can . Local Guides is the next step, and is very user friendly.
Fun Fact About Me: Trekking the Might Himalayan Mountains for the last 8 years to realize the essence of fresh oxygen out there,Grow Vegetables like Ladies Finger, Eggplant, Potato, as well as Varieties of Rice (Paddy) , Love to cook vegetarian recipes, sometimes I do write my blog , sometimes Catches Snakes and transport them to the safer places, Love to Eat Street Foods through out India....they are Awesome with Incredible flavor of Tastes.

Wondering the IRON SLABS  made in  Ancient India , More than 4-5 tons -Wondering the IRON SLABS made in Ancient India , More than 4-5 tons -Gulaab Jamun  Indian Sweet  that i Made  for  kidsGulaab Jamun Indian Sweet that i Made for kidsthe King Cobra , that I cached and released to the wild . Taken this snap , a due respect  for this amazing creaturethe King Cobra , that I cached and released to the wild . Taken this snap , a due respect for this amazing creature

Bamboo crafts work with Kids in Summers .Bamboo crafts work with Kids in Summers .

Level 7

Introduce Yourself - Abril 2017

I'm new

1. Name: Yahia .
  2. Location: Tetouan, Morocco .
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to have the ability to add new places on the map and help many people to explore  both local or abroad the country, and also improve the quality of the search on the map,and this will helps thousand of people everyday .
  4. I love to share: Sharing is a great thing and by know that every addition and every published image . help many people It is something great.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I was looking around a certain company I noticed that there was incomplete information,so I decided to put a review on it . After posting it I got a content message : Thank you ... If you want to post another contribution click here .. and thats it thats why iam here today.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: A coffee addict and a photographer without educational lessons explore the cities, abandoned and old places as well as mountain climbing and early harvesting.Ceuta SpainCeuta Spain
Level 10

1. Name: Ksenia
  2. Location: near Zurich, Switzerland (originally from Russia)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a Local Guide and to see the positive impact on small businesses after completion of missing information or uploading some photos.
  4. I love to share: I love to share my experience on what you can do with children and how kids friendly the places are.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I used to use Google Maps for finding places and for checking the reviews for ages. So at some point of time I felt I need to contribute and I want to share too. Shortly after becoming a mom I registered as a Local Guide. So my little buddy and I visited different places, talked to the people, took photos and shared our experience as Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love practicing the Japanese paper art of kusudama and the Japanese martial art of Judo, but have never been to Japan.

20160123_120233.jpg