DavidTito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Intermediate levels: How to make Mymaps more powerful

Hello, everyone, I have been preparing the next video for #localGuides Clean The World 2.0 and also the follow-up video of Clean The World How To My maps 2.0     So our next  video is intermediate level: In this video topic it was mentioned below as follows :

Intermediate levels: How to make Mymaps more powerful

- Working with the database, for managing the information that we want to add

- Customization of map elements

- Managing multiple layers

- inserting videos

- Adding polygons to the map

A few of these topics will not be showing due to the reason being video would run too long.

So I would like to introduce Topics 

- Managing multiple layers

- inserting videos

furthermore, the following topics

- Adding polygons to the map 

- Working with the database, for managing the information that we want to add

- Customization of map elements

will be released in the next sequel 

I hope you enjoy my video

@ErmesT  @KarenVChin        @RiverDefender  @KashifMisidia 

Perth WA, Australia
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Intermediate levels: How to make Mymaps more powerful

Thank you for sharing the second level of Clean The World How To My maps 2.0, @DavidTito. You have delivered the information in a step-by-step tutorial, I'm sure many people will find it helpful. Just one question: Why does the "Are you ready for the advanced level" sentence finish with exclamation marks? 😄

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@IrrPavlova  thank you and kindly asking , in this video we had kind of a plane to feature more in this seen but looking at the full duration video time I was close to 3 and half mins thats round my running time,

Ok The Adavaced level is more of the area's of My maps that no one has really used or in the time Ive been here ive never seen anyone handle My maps like the way I do, I started introducing polygons in many colours and in many countrys No one was sure to what I was talking about @IrrPavlova  I first started exploring My maps when I was level 3 and I had masterd alot by leve 4, I can get data into a Mymap in less than 20mins, I have ctreated the biggest Mymap on Connect to be known and spam free, I say Advanced because Im setting the highest education in My maps, But maybe I should reword it, I would love to hear your advice 

kindly David

Here is the My map inbeded on Connect Here that I myself has built

Former Google Contributor

My thought, @DavidTito, was about the sentence being grammatically structured as a question and I wondered if you used the exclamation marks for a specific reason. To stress more on the importance of the advanced level I guess. Nothing more than that. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@IrrPavlova  mainly to encourage excitement or build some suspense inspire gossip. But having a think about it, now I can understand where your coming from it may be a small thing but it generates some Questions.

I really appreciate your feedback I've never gotten this kind of attention to detail Your experience really shows and I think that really builds a person on Connect, Thank you kindly  @IrrPavlova   I always keep your advice in mind 

Connect Moderator

Intermediate level is a masterpiece for many of us, @DavidTito , very clear and useful. Working with a database in Google Mymaps is something that I like so much so I can't wait to see that part. It is exciting and give you the feeling that you are really building something by yourself. I also know that Mymaps is not very flexible, and modify the structure of the database, once you build it, is a quite long procedure, but I hope this post will help more people to use it, and to experiment what is possible to do. I am playing a lot with mine, and I will share it soon. I am already waiting for the next one, I am curious about the advanced lesson.

Well done

Level 8

Thank you @ErmesT I do have an Advanced level video plan installed for us and yes further into My maps... but as we venture further in through to end of My maps another world is going to open up........ and Yes  your right Google Maps during this course this is when My maps Basic level, intermediate level, Advanced level will come into play and bring those resources to Google Maps we could say at that point "Open Your My maps Meet up in Google Maps 2.0" 

and it is safe to say share your map in Google Maps under "Your Places" to the Meetup attendees. 

Like?

Level 10

Well done David. Video looks great. Congrats and kind regards from Osaka78