HottieE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Interested in becoming a moderator?

Toronto Local Guides is looking for new moderators.   If you are interested in becoming a co-moderator for one of the largest communities in Canada - please PM me.   We are looking for individuals who are able to commit for a full year.  In the past year we have built our community from 2 local guides to almost 900.   In the process we placed #4 in the Google Local Guides Challenge and we have hosted over 35 meet-ups.

We are looking for individuals who have moderated Google+ communities and are familiar with Google products like - Google Forms, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Adwords.

Private Message me if you are interested.

Sydney Eatz

Co-Moderator

Google Local Guides Toronto

Toronto, ON, Canada
5 comments
Level 5

Re: Interested in becoming a moderator?

Hi,

(I'm posting this publicly since I'm sure others would like to know as well.)

Can you provide more details? What would the moderators do and how much time commitment is expected?

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi Sydney,

i sent you a PM, as requested.

Allison

Level 7

I want to be

Level 10

Hi Sidney, if you are looking for some moderation on the community, i can help, but if you need physical presence at meetups i cannot 😉

Level 10

A good idea is to read about Google + community moderation - online

http://andrij.co/blog/community-owner-guide/#introduction

As moderators we spend a great deal of time - 1-2 hours per day moderating and growing our community.   We would expect a minimum of 40 hours per month for new moderators for training, meet-ups and participating in the Local Guides Program.

I hope this helps.

Sydney