Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Insta360 One X can now publish video to SV

12 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Insta360 One X can now publish video to SV

According to the firmware notes, it's only for iOS.

https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-onex

After updating all to the latest version on my phone

- Android

- Latest SV app on Android

- Latest insta360 OneX app

- Latest Insta360 OneX firmware

The camera still does not connect to SV app, even when connected on Wifi. 
So maybe this is only on iOS. Or maybe this is a different function than the Theta V SV video mode.

001.png

Level 10

Hi friends, this is a test of video mode with insta360 one x handeld on a selfie stick! Not bad!

Level 5

Hi Lucio,

I've just ordered the insta360 one X and am awaiting arrival. Did you also need the additional remote gps to use with SV?

Thanks

Lee

Lee Harrison Mellor
Level 7

Are there any forum members out there using the Insta360 One X?

Hi all,

I've seen the odd post with reference to using the new Insta360 One X for recording and publishing SV imagery to Google Maps.

Just wondering if any of you guys who have purchased this camera can share their experiences so far please?

Do you have to be level 6 & above to be able to use this feature as per using a Theta V?

Any details on the actual work flow would be greatly appreciated.

I've read that the camera has had a recent firmware update that enables SV recording and publishing, but I've also read that the app is very buggy at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Level 10

Re: Are there any forum members out there using the Insta360 One X?

@Jimneybob Hi there. So I have both the One X and the Theta V. 

The Theta V Street View video mode is integrated to the Street View app, you can read more about my first try here.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Ricoh-Theta-V-Street-View-video-mode-How-to...

For the One X, the video integration is apparently different, and the latest firmware says it only is for iOS. It is shared from the One X app to Street View, and not directly in Street View. I have not been able to try it since I am on Android only. Even with the latest version of firmware on the One X, and after directly connecting via Wifi, Street View app on Android still cannot link to the camera to control the camera. That's my latest experience. So, still need to do a manual import of photos.

Level 7

Hi @StephenAbraham,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have been using the Theta V video mode a lot since it was released 12 months ago, but I'm getting frustrated by the time consuming workflow of the current situation.

I have filmed several large outdoor projects and the small memory capacity of the Theta V means I regularly have to stop filming and wait several minutes while the files transfer before I can continue. All quite time consuming. I'm then still limited to around 2½ hours of recording time until my phone memory is maxed out.

I have some projects coming up that I want to be able to record for a good 5-6 hours per day. If all I have to do is change batteries and memory cards it is going to be a game changer.

So as I'm using an Android phone there would be no benefit for me to purchase a One X at the moment because I would have to buy an iPhone as well.

Hopefully they will release an Android version soon.

Many thanks

Jim

Level 7

Hello again @StephenAbraham,

A timely conversation yesterday - I've just noticed that the One X app has just received an Android app update in the Play store along with a new camera firmware (1.17.15)

Hopefully you might have some better success now. Kindly let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Jim

Level 10

@Jimneybob Looks new... Good stuff..  will update in a few days..