KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

Thanks @Corrie for your kind words. Wanted to show fellow Local Guides not to be afraid and that you can always find something to post on Google Maps. High five back, Lady! 

Connect Moderator

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

Thanks @YK1001 for your kind words. I wanted to expand fellow Local Guides's minds on ways to post on Google Maps. It's all the little things you don't think are important, but actually have the greatest impacts.

It's been awhile that I have been on LG Connect on a regular basis because of my schedule. I want to congratulate your new position as LG Connect Moderator. I know (and see) how much you do for this Community and the old LG Community on G+. You are one of my LG heroes! 

Hope you will be applying for #LGSummit17. The weather in SF will be gorgeous. 

Connect Moderator

@PeterGO, I checked my iPhone. I only see "Get suggestions for places to review." 

Level 8

Thank you for the encouragement and your enthusiast response @KarenVChin . It has been a while since I was in the San Francisco Area. I used to work with some lovely people from the Sausalito Art Festival. 

It was indeed an interesting chain of events my kick-off in the LG program and I am very grateful for it. The Local Guides community has given me a lot of energy and inspiration.

Whenever you do travel to our beautiful sub-tropical islands in the Canaries, please come and visit. We have several guest-rooms for entertaining friends and family 😉

I shall be in touch!

With best wishes,
Jero

Level 8

@KarenVChinyou are an inspiration and have raised the bar really high with your enthusiastic and friendly take on #LocalGuides. Hope to see you back soon in #sfo.

Connect Moderator

Muchas Gracias @ReyLey! Definitely contact me when you do decide to visit SF again. I've got more food places to take you.

Level 5

Hi @KarenVChin, what a great post, thank you for sharing! 

Yes I definitely feel that I've started to change my habits since Map My World Week. I hosted my first meet up on that week where only I turned up. I still went ahead with it. Two weeks after I was part of another meetup, this time with a guest. Every activity is a great opportunity to learn and discover new ways to create good content. 

I live in New Zealand and it's really hard here due to our distances, travel and seriously our density. I live in the largest and busiest city, Auckland so luckily it's easier in that respect. But I still feel there is a cluster of places that get all the updates and a vast area up and down the country with so many hidden gems and beautiful stories. 

I've done lots of travel here over the years but have only been going with local guides for the last wee while. Wish I'd had it ages ago! 🙂 

Anyway, yes an update a day is a great rule to go by! 

Cheers 

Level 9

@KarenVChin thank you for inspiring us with your lovely post!

Pics are beautiful!

Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin,

Thank you very much for your compliment and encouragement!  

Nice weather in SF,obviously, is a sufficient attraction for me to apply.  :^) 

No matter my application to #LGSummit17 will succeed or not, for sure, a lot can be learnt in the application process.  Which should enable me to do better.

Hope to see you at SF.

Level 2

GOOD!