KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

Wonderful news @deepakjhic! I like your philosophy. For me, it's about helping my community too. Getting to Level 5 will be very attainable at the rate you're posting on Google Maps. Good Luck!

Level 10

Re: Inspired by Map My World Week? Are you still posting at least once a day on Google Maps?

@KarenVC wrote:

@LucioV, thank you for your kind words! Good to know you didn't also participate in Map My World Week in an official meetup, but found way another way to have a meetup. 50 people turnout - that's wonderful! Glad to also know other Local Guides have the same philosophy as me - Just post at least once a day on Google Maps, But as for 10 photos, that's a lot! For the last few weeks I am posting between 1 - 8 depending on the place /business. Average is 3 to 4! 

Hope you are applying for #LGSummit17! October is the best time of year to visit SF. Weather will be wonderful. 

Would love to meet you in SF #lgsummit17 and all other great LG from all around the world i'm friend now 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @KevinWa for your kind words. I wanted to encourage as many Local Guides that you don't only post at meet ups, but that you can do this by yourself everyday as part of your life.

I was really surprised by how many places that I go to that I didn't already post on Google Maps. Plus meeting up with your friends and family and trying out their favorite places or businesses gives you more opportunities to explore, shop and eat at. 

Hope me you are applying for #LGSummit17! It's the best time of year to visit San Francisco. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Umashankar for your kind words. Glad to hear you participated at Map My World Week. I seem to either buy food or eat food. Did you attend a meetup or just Map Your World by yourself?

Hope you will be applying for #LGSummit17. Last year's was a fantastic experience. 

Level 8

Wow such an inspirational post. I also keep on checking my contributor page multiple times a day, answer questions and correct information for the places that I have been to. I have started uploading good quality images to help others get better idea of place. I try to visit places everyday but if I could do not do that I dig my Google Photos and edit/upload them. This so addicting and engaging and I love it. 

Level 10

Hi @LucioV, your contributions is impressively inspiring. I look forward to meeting and sharing more with you at the #LGSummit17. Thanks a zillion for inspiring someone like me!

Level 10

@SanyaO wrote:

Hi @LucioV, your contributions is impressively inspiring. I look forward to meeting and sharing more with you at the #LGSummit17. Thanks a zillion for inspiring someone like me!

Thanks @SanyaOdare i'd love to meet you in SF! 🙂

Level 10

@KarenVChin, you're such a huge inspiration to me! Please keep up the good work.

Connect Moderator

Woww @JeroenM what a "rollercoaster ride" you experienced during Map My World Week! So glad to read that you were able to "turn lemons to lemonade." In many ways by NOT having your meetup was a blessing in disguise and you benefited many times over! 

You will find that Local Guides and Googlers, in general, are extremely helpful. It's part of our DNA and somehow we all converge and connect with each other. It's great to now know a person who lives in the Canary Islands, for example! ☺️

Sure, I would love to help you and your community if I can. I've been a San Francisco Local Guide since the program since March 2015. Just PM me when you need and give me advance notice.  

Cheers!

Karen

Connect Moderator

Thanks @FahmiAdimara for your kind words! Love ❤️ your inspirational quote. And cannot believe your Community had a 3 day Map My World Week event!

Your LG Community are ROCKSTARS!

Seeing is believing! I have never heard of a 3 Day LG Meetup before. It's tough to get a group of people to meet up for 1 event, but then you did it 2 more times after that!

The food photos look yummy 😋 

Hope you will be submitting an application for #LGSummit17!