NarenChandra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Inspire Local Guides to join Local Guide connect during meetups.

There are many local guides in the world  but do you guys think all are on connect ?

No , recently we had a survey through google docs from whatsapp and facebook groups and pages of all local guides in India and we have got 100 responses and here is a pie chart of people on connect and people who are not.

Note: Information not collected by GoogleNote: Information not collected by Google

There are 18% local guides who are not on connect, its important that we inspire and tell about connect to the people who are not on connect .

Its not restricted to India there might be that 18 % all around the world who are a very good local guides but have no idea about local guide connect .

So lets talk and explain to local guides we know and inspire them to join connect during meeetups , make youtube videos about connect , Google official pages in all social medium platforms must give a announcements and advantages of connect .

so local guides lets do it in the next food crawl meetups.

Thanks and regards 

Naren

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Inspire Local Guides to join Local Guide connect during meetups.

@LucioV @IlankovanT what could be few ways to inspire people ?

Level 10

I try to answer on other channels, as like as FB, when i see maps related questions, linking directly LGC posts.

But I think we are approaching Lithium capacity, so maybe some changes have to be made.

Level 10

Hi @NarenChandra

I remember I was on level 5 (old point system )and I totally unaware of local guides connect. ....and then after an email from team i logged in ...

Yes there is many things need to manage and update or team should send every local guide an email who is not on connect. ..

I saw many of level 9 local guides are not on connect but they are very active on Google maps. 

Thanks 

Level 9

@NarenChandra yeh true. I did few knowledge sharing sessions and educated the importance of LG Connect. also sharing/linking some important posts and answers directly to LG connect from FB and HO chats.

Former Google Contributor

@NarenChandra I appreciate your thoughts on getting more Local Guides on Connect! I've gone ahead to include a note on your image that the information is not collected by Google to avoid confusion. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.