PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Innovation and technology are everywhere! Where are our children?

Hour of Code, MalaysiaHour of Code, Malaysia

Innovation and technology are everywhere, changing every industry on the planet but few are then half of all school/ institute teach computer science.Source said, 90% of parents want their child to study computer science but the majority of schools don’t teach computer science. Only 40% of schools teach computer programming. We can help fix this picture…I am speaking about why Computer science needed in School.  This is a good honour for me to speak in front of the headmasters from seremban and Port Dickson district.  This program organised by MAJLIS PENGETUA SEKOLAH MALAYSIA (NEGERI SEMBILAN) and JABATAN PENDIDIKAN NEGERI SEMBILAN.I am speaking about why Computer science needed in School. This is a good honour for me to speak in front of the headmasters from seremban and Port Dickson district. This program organised by MAJLIS PENGETUA SEKOLAH MALAYSIA (NEGERI SEMBILAN) and JABATAN PENDIDIKAN NEGERI SEMBILAN.

You will be glad to know that, I am on my way to change this! I have already taken some initiatives for school students. For example, Celebrating Computer Science Education Week, hour of code, scratch programming, hello world programming, Google Apps for daily life and school holiday programming.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xrQdvozjf1H9X15X7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MfuwbWbWJnYQVQzQ9

I am trying to visit schools and promoting computer science. I will be glad to see you next to this initiative.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Malaysia
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Innovation and technology are everywhere! Where are our children?

Great job Bro, Go ahead @PavelSarwar

Level 9

Hello @PavelSarwar, Thanks for sharing your initiatives and activities with us. Undoubtedly, you did a great job!

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 8

@Saidulkarim Next event 26 December. We will go together.  

Level 8

@ShahMdSultan you can start your locality. #LetsGuideOurChild

Former Google Contributor

Hello @PavelSarwar,

Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you, teaching the children about technology and the use of computers is very important, and should be a fixed part of elementary school like mathematics and history. 

The world is evolving, and I think the demand for programmers and people working in the IT sector will only grow.

Which subjects are you focusing on when teaching the children about computer science?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Congratulations for your iniziative @PavelSarwar!

You have to be careful with today's kids: they learn quickly and often become better than the teachers!
Good luck for this adventure!

Bye,

David

Level 8

@MortenSI for your kind information.....For Primary School students, i am focusing Hour of Code and scratch programing. Just want to motivation them about technology. We need our future doctors, lawyers, politicians, astronauts learning the basics.

Secondary School students, I am focusing Programming Language. Also html,css etc.

School Holiday Program: 

We host after-school, weekend and holiday program where kids come together to learn, train and master technology.

In this Coding program, child will learn importance of Digital Technologies Education for their future.

They will learn & experience coding, develop & publish their own games.

Upon completion, they can use their computers at home to code more games & programs.

We transform children from consumers to become creators of technologies.

All Coders (students) will receive certificates too, by YouthHub.Global & EWIC.

My future plan is, i want to introduce school students to Robotics, Drone, Arduino and 3D printing.

At few schools, for teachers i am already taken few sessions about Local Guides, Google Crowdsource and G suit for education. 

Level 8

@davidhyno i really want to kids become better than the teachers!

Former Google Contributor

That is so cool @PavelSarwar!

I wish the schools would have taught us the basics of coding back when I was growing up. It is a really good skill to have learned at such a young age, and the kids will be able to study computer science later on without having to start from scratch. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!