FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Indonesia Travel Bucket List Sumatera 2 : Sorake Beach, Heaven of World Surfer in South Nias

Sorake BeachSorake Beach

Sorake Beach is a beach located next to the Legundri Beach, Sorake Beach is located in Teluk Dalam District, South Nias Regency, North Sumatra, This beach is like Sohor in the eyes of surf sports lovers, so it often brings together surfers who have international level.

Sorake Beach is famous for its big waves so Sorake Beach is called the surfer's paradise of the world and is included in the top 10 best surfing spots in the world even touted as number 2 in the world after Hawaii.

On the Beach, there are often surfing competitions that are both local and competitive with participants from various countries, Nias Open is one of the competitions held at the Sarake beach, usually attended by hundreds of surfers from various countries and usually the winners are domiciled by surfers from Australia.

On this beach there are home stays and also small inns, and there are 1-star hotels in Sorake, namely beach hotels.

DJI_0180.jpg

In June - July the waves at Sorake Beach can reach 10 m - 12 m. That month Sorake beach will be crowded with local and foreign surfers. You who are not good at surfing can also study here.

Aside from being a paradise place for surf lovers, this beach has another uniqueness, which is not found in sloping sand, which is not like the beach in general, which is a scattered rock. And the coral reefs on this beach are very beautiful to look at.

To get to Nias Island by sea, the distance that must be traveled is approximately 85 miles of sea travel or 12 hours of sea travel by ferry from Sibolga City, to the Gunung Sitoli boat dock. Gunung Sitoli is the only largest city on Nias Island.

From Gunung Sitoli to Teluk Dalam City, it takes approximately 4 hours to travel by using four-wheeled vehicles. While the trip to Nias Island by airplane departs from Kuala Namu Airport, Medan City, North Sumatra.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I become a Local Guides to promote Indonesian tourism (Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories : Local Guides X Indonesian Ministry Of Tourism)

The name of the program is "SUSUR NUSANTARA" has a special agenda to revitalize the existence of tourist spots in Indonesia that are less exposed on social media. The West Side's fame on social media is far less than the East side's fame, where hashtags with locations in Bali, NTB, Sulawesi and Papua are always crowded with posts by local and international netizens.

I along with the team explored 8 destinations that are rarely exposed in Indonesia. I was officially invited to collaborate because I am a co-founder of Indonesia's largest media on Instagram, @ExploreIndonesia, and also I am an alumni of the 2017 Local Guides Summit who are very active in helping local tourism in my residential areas, Sidoarjo and Surabaya.

Not only that, my job there is to photograph the beauty of the natural, cultural and regional heritage there. But it also helps to update the location with updated points of tourist attractions on Google Maps with the Local Guides program and Street View Trusted Photographer so that it will get maximum results.

My goal for sharing this story is to show my experience when traveling to unique places in Indonesia. And also helps provide insight to other global Local Guides friends. So, I will write my stories through the title "Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories".

Hopefully, one day, officially, @ExploreIndonesia and the Google Local Guides program also Google Maps can collaborate in Indonesia.

Sorake Beach Sign Name, Botohilitano, South Nias Regency, North Sumatra, Indonesia
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Indonesia Travel Bucket List Sumatera 2 : Sorake Beach, Heaven of World Surfer in South Nias

Hi @FahmiAdimara,

Thanks for sharing this amazing place with us.

Have you tried surfing? I would afraid a bit, but it can't stop me. Do you have photos of the coral reefs? 

@AngieYC have you ever tried water sports in Indonesia? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Google Moderator

Re: Indonesia Travel Bucket List Sumatera 2 : Sorake Beach, Heaven of World Surfer in South Nias

Halo @FahmiAdimara,

Terima kasih seperti biasa sudah memberikan tulisan yang sangat menarik dan menggambarkan betapa indahnya Tanah Air kita ini. Pasti akan banyak Local Guides yang tertarik membaca post kamu.  

Post kamu membuat saya menjadi sadar banyaknya tempat indah di Indonesia yang belum saya kunjungi. 

Menjawab pertanyaan dari @Petra_M saya baru mencoba banana boat saat berkunjung ke pulau Bali. Kalau kamu @FahmiAdimara?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Yes, but i'm still afraid to tried surfing haha @Petra_M 

I don't take the underwater photography on this spot because i forgot to bring my underwater camera 

Level 9

Semoga banyak yang sadar akan warisan alam dan budaya Indonesia ya kak @AngieYC 

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the reply @FahmiAdimara.

That means you should go back to try surfing and take underwater photos. Please don't forget to tag me on that post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Google Moderator

Halo @FahmiAdimara,

Pastinya, karena saya sendiri semakin sadar dengan banyaknya tempat wisata Indonesia yang sangat indah dari Local Guides seperti kamu dan sangat senang jadi memperluas pengetahuan mengenai tempat-tempat di Indonesia. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Yes, i will give some photo if i trying surfing in somewhere 😄

Level 9

Terima kasih banyak @AngieYC  semoga bisa membantu memperkenalkan Indonesia