FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories : Local Guides X Indonesian Ministry Of Tourism

Travel Stories From Fahmi AdimaraTravel Stories From Fahmi Adimara

Hello Local Guides, I am Fahmi Adimara, Local Guides Level 9 Sidoarjo, Indonesia and also alumni of the Local Guides Summit 2017.

Maybe some friends who are on this board know that I rarely actively wrote and active on this board localguidesconnect.com yesterday. However, in the future, I will explain my activities through stories about several tourist destinations that I explored yesterday compilation invited to collaborate officially with the Indonesian Ministry of Tourism.

The name of the program is "SUSUR NUSANTARA" has a special agenda to revitalize the existence of tourist spots in Indonesia that are less exposed on social media. The West Side's fame on social media is far less than the East side's fame, where hashtags with locations in Bali, NTB, Sulawesi and Papua are always crowded with posts by local and international netizens.

I along with the team explored 8 destinations that are rarely exposed in Indonesia. I was officially invited to collaborate because I am a co-founder of Indonesia's largest media on Instagram, @ExploreIndonesia, and also I am an alumni of the 2017 Local Guides Summit who are very active in helping local tourism in my residential areas, Sidoarjo and Surabaya.

Not only that, my job there is to photograph the beauty of the natural, cultural and regional heritage there. But it also helps to update the location with updated points of tourist attractions on Google Maps with the Local Guides program and Street View Trusted Photographer so that it will get maximum results.

My goal for sharing this story is to show my experience when traveling to unique places in Indonesia. And also helps provide insight to other global Local Guides friends. So, I will write my stories through the title "Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories".

Hopefully, one day, officially, @ExploreIndonesia and the Google Local Guides program also Google Maps can collaborate in Indonesia.

Sidoarjo, Sidoarjo Regency, East Java, Indonesia
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories : Local Guides X Indonesian Ministry Of Tourism

That sounds pretty interesting and I can't wait to see what you have in stored for us! Looking forward to your stories @FahmiAdimara! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Re: Indonesia Travel Bucket List Stories : Local Guides X Indonesian Ministry Of Tourism

Hi @KlaudiyaG thank you so much, I still translate my stories from Bahasa to English. It will take a time 😄

Don't worry @FahmiAdimara, I can be very patient, especially when it comes to learning new things about this marvelous country. 🙂 Also, don't feel obliged to translate your stories in English. Google Translate is enabled across the entire platform, so I (as well as others) can always use it to convert your posts in a language that I understand and above all we encourage people to share their travel tales in their native language or just a language that they feel most comfortable speaking.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

yes, of course, @KlaudiyaG i always using Google Translate. Thanks for your advice, i will try as soon as possible. 

Good to know @FahmiAdimara and thank you for the appreciation. 🙂

P.S.: Just wanted to let you know that I deleted one of your posts in this thread, as it seems to me that it was a duplicate.

Level 9

oh yeah @KlaudiyaG thanks for the info. So I will continue my stories now 😄

Hi @FahmiAdimara,

I also think that's a brilliant initiative, because many people associate Indonesia only with Bali and Jakarta. Thank you for your enthusiasm and I'm looking forward to see your future posts here. I'm sure the photos will be breathtaking.

Terima kasih!

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Level 6

Hi Fahmi, as an Indonesian and citizen of the world, I couldn't be more proud of your writings. Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful stories from Indonesia! Greetings from Bangka Belitong!