br14n's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Indonesia Local Guides Community

Indonesia Local Guides.jpg

At this time, the development of Local Guides community in Indonesia is remarkable. Almost in every major city, the Local Guides community shows its existence. Call it in Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surabaya, Malang and also Bali, the community grows and develops. While in other cities, such as outside Java, although a little, but has started to emerge.

Two years ago, 2016, the Indonesian Local Guides community existed on Google+. The community owned by Harly Umboh, one of the selected participants of Local Guides Summit 2016, to date has 161,956 members. Unfortunately, there are no official activities held to bring together such potential members. The latest update, the community that has the 20 moderators, stated that Indonesia Local Guides on Google+ is no longer moderated by the owner.

Last year, some friends of Local Guides on Facebook's social media began to get in touch and exchange information. Some Local Guides community, had initiated a national meeting of Local Guides from all over Indonesia. But unfortunately, the effort ran aground in the middle of the road. Then I discuss intensively with some local guides in Malang and Blitar. Finally, a new spirit emerged to hold a national meeting. The idea I outlined in a post titled Merangkai Kembali Harapan Menyatukan Local Guides Nusantara.  Finally it was agreed that a national meeting would be held in Batu City with Batu Local Guides as the host. Based on the agreement, I made my post for the preparation update, titled Hitung Mundur : Meet-Up Nusantara 4-6 Agustus 2017. At that time began to be prepared committees, proposals, mapping location of activities, and registration form participants. Thankfully, the big event was held in accordance with the plan on 5 to 7 August 2017. The excitement of the activity can be read in the post by @NunungAfuah titled [RECAP] Meet Up Nusantara 2017: the biggest Indonesia local guides meet up! or my Indonesian-language post, Meet Up Nusantara 2017.

This year, it is the turn of friends in Yogyakarta Local Guides community to host the next event. I think this year's meeting could be even bigger, with more and more users of Google Maps in Indonesia joining Local Guides programs, and being active in social media. In the meantime, there are two platforms we manage together:

Countdown and the latest updates can be read in @MasDinnu postings entitled [MUN 2] Merangkai Kebersamaan Menjalin Kekompakan Indonesia Local Guides Dalam Meet Up Nusantara 2. We invite you to attend the event.

I am grateful, this community is able to be a convenient gathering place for Local Guides of different ages and different backgrounds. Now, when traveling out of town, there will always be some Local Guides in the destination, who welcome with kinship and are ready to walk around. I hope that Indonesia Local Guides community still exist and able to embrace its members spread all over the archipelago.

Best regards from Indonesia 

Indonesia
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Indonesia Local Guides Community

@br14n we proud to be part of a community that's spread from all parts of Indonesia . can't wait for our national meet up in Yogjakarta..

Level 10

Level 8

Thanks mas @br14n, this thread is great descript about Indonesia Local Guides. 

Level 10

Great @br14n.

Thank you for your details explanation.

Hope this will enrich knowledge of we , Local Guides from Indonesia.

Hope I can joine the Meet Ups Nusantara in the Next August.

Keeo on contributing .

Regards

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 10

@BudiFXW @SriSedono_id @RahmatHarmanP Thank you brothers, all of you are the spirit of Indonesia Local Guides. Keep encouraging the members, in order to advance our beloved community.

Level 10

Ok, I salute you @br14n.

Yu are one of Indonesia Local Goude role model. So keep up your good work and keep contibuting.

Regards

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 10

Level 8

I'm proud to be a part of Indonesia Local Guides. 

Level 10