Level 6

Indian home made foods

20171102_221421.jpg

Amla   pikil     traditional style 

Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Indian home made foods

Indian Gooseberry or Amla has several health benefits. It also promotes longitivity and enhances digestion. Amla Pickle is made with ingredients that can also be consumed by Diabetics as well. This tangy pickle recipe will add a different touch to your normal food.Indian Gooseberry pickleIndian Gooseberry pickle

Ingredients required: 

• 180 grams amla
  • 1/4 cup mustard oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
  • 3 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
  • 3 cup water

Steps to make it.

STEP 1

Wash the amlas well under cold running water. Prick them deeply using a fork. Then soak them in 3 cups of water and 2 tsp salt for about 1 hour.

STEP 2

Now take a pan and heat oil in it over high flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, turn off the flame. Now add whole spices - fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and onion seeds. Wait for a minute or so.

STEP 3

Then add turmeric and mix the ingredients well. Now add amlas. Heat the pan again and stir fry for 5 minutes on medium flame. Add remaining 2 tsp of salt and red chili powder. Mix well and remove from fire. Transfer the pickle to a jar. Keep in the sun for 5-6 days.

STEP 4

Serve this delicious pickle recipe as a side dish.​ This tangy pickle recipe will add a different touch to your normal food. 

@RN3 Aap detail main likho cheezo ke baare main, toh hi log padhenge aapka post.

@EmekaUlor Try making this 🙂

Level 6
Level 6

Thanks    you   priyanka    .

Noo   added    water   .  Spoil  the   pikil    .   Amala  pikil    store   safely    2 are3 months    in    way.

Level 6
Level 6

I am    never    transilet  full   clarity    other   lanvegas.  I  Menston   only   telugu ☺

Level 9

@RN3 వివరంగా రాయండి, తద్వారా మీ పోస్ట్ను చదువుతారు

Level 9

it looks a traditional Bengali egg recipe @RN3

Former Google Contributor

Hey @RN3

I've noticed that this post of yours is also with a Spanish language label and because it is in English I'll remove it. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!