IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Indian Vegetable Thali from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh

Caption: A complete veg thali which includes chapati (roti in India), mix vegetables of carrot and potatoes with some pears, pulses in boul, some salads and chutney. (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: A complete veg thali which includes chapati (roti in India), mix vegetables of carrot and potatoes with some pears, pulses in boul, some salads and chutney. (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Good Evening everybody:)

Since 2 days (20th January 2019,night) i am in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh which lies in the centre of India; actually the words Madhya is taken from Hindi which means in the cente. In the same way this name is suitable for this state.

The picture which i have shared above is related to a complete vegetable thali which includes 

• Pulses (in bowl)
  • Vegetable of Spinach
  • Mix veg of potatoes, peas and carrot
  • 4 chapati ( Roti in Hindi)
  • Salads (including Sliced Onions, sliced Carrots)
  • Chutney (a paste of tomatoes, onion and green chilly

This food i ate in Railway Officers Rest House (O.R.H) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The cost of this thali is 70 Rupees and the quality is good and satisactory. They offer 4 chapati with some rice also, if you not want to take rice then the you can get 2 Chapti extra. I not prefer to eat rice so i take 6 chapati, and it's the complete diet of an adult in India. After eating this complete food you'll not demand some extra food:)

Caption: The same thali but only 2 dishes are different with some rice.Caption: The same thali but only 2 dishes are different with some rice.

The price of both plates (thali in India) is same i.e 70 Rs (INR), only some changes are made in it, actually the canteen has a different menu everyday so i take these pictures within 2 days to make it clear.

Caption: A plate of Fried Rice from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: A plate of Fried Rice from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

The above picture is realted to the Fried rice which is too spicy and tasty.

Railway Rest House, Railway Colony, Habib Ganj, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Indian Vegetable Thali from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for sharing! It looks so tasty :).

I really like fried rice. Do you know any recipe of fried rice?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Good and higenic food

Level 9

Thanks a lot @VasT

To write me 🙂

Yes i know a simple recipe of fried rice:

Firstly make the simple rice (as you cook in your home) then take some oil/refined oil in a pan and add some cumin seed in it make the seed black in oil and the add some crushed tomatoes, onions and some sliced green chilly 🙂

Heat the onions until it turns brown and then add some salt, coriander powder, one pinch of black pepper. Mix all the ingredients by the help of serving spoon, for garnishing add some coriander leaf it will make the recipe more good looking.

Thank you for your prompt reply @IshantHP_ig,

Most probably I will skip the chilly, as I cannot handle it :D. Do you use ground cumin seed or whole?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for sharing, this really looks delicious. I love this mix of several things in one place, I guess it is suitable for vegetarians as there is no meat inside. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

It's okay if you want to skip some steps just like you tell about skiping chilly.

I generally use raw cumin seed because it gives a good aroma in rice, you can try some oregano seeds it also have a good flavour.

Welcome in India! 🙂

@VasT

Level 9

Thanks a lot @BorrisS

For taking interest in my post 🙂

Yeah this food is purely vegetarian, there is not any chicken ingredients in it.

Here in India some people not even eat egg so this food is designed for those peoples however i am both vegan and non-vegan.

Welcome in India to enjoy some tasty food stuff! 🙂

Level 10

This must be delicious @IshantHP_ig

I do not have any dietary restrictions, but I like South Indian food🤤

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

As a vegetarian was great to read your post @IshantHP_ig

In Greece, we use oregano widely though not so much cumin. Maybe, in your next post, you can share more about your way of cooking and the spices that you use.

I would love to visit India!